F2P is ruining lowbie PvP

Theodulus

If they are F2Pers then they havent been playing that long, instead of calling them bads or the R word how about letting them know what is was they did wrong and try to help them. If i was new to a game and folks trashed me for just trying to learn that would give me a bad attitude.

I haven't seen anyone trash talking in the warzones I've been in. Did I ever say that I trash talked in this thread? I've explained that I've tried to help but you can't help the unwilling. In fact if anyone replies to my advice I get rude responses. I doubt you would help someone that spat in your face.

I've seen 2 Troopers with no advanced class...in the same match.

Just now there's a Sentinel yielding only 1 lightsaber, wearing only head piece, chest and legs and doing less than 2k damage in 2 matches.

I've seen plenty that aren't using sprint. Is it a level 14 ability now for F2P? If so that sucks for everyone else.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since topics with these titles are popular I'll post one too. F2P just made 10-49 PvP more unbearable than it already was. If you group up and have at least 4 people that can differentiate between east and west and have some situational awareness you will win the warzone unless you meet another premade. If you meet another premade the warzone will at least be somewhat fun.

If you solo queue you will most likely end up with 7 bads. I know they suck when my combat medic out damage every single one of my team with 120k damage while I also get some 230k healing. When they also expect the healer to charge in first everywhere and will wait for you to do so I just see no hope for lowbie PvP.

Doing lowbie PvP now is just as boring as doing space missions. Is there any point in suffering in lowbie PvP except for maybe trying to keep valor level locked? With 1.6 is around the corner getting decent gear for 50 PvP will be quite fast.

then dont do lowbie pvp? or would you like someone to hand you a baby bottle after you QQ all over the pvp forum?

i've done lowbie pvp since f2p and it's the same as it ever was. OP, you just want to have an EXCUSE so you dont have to admit you suck at pvp

Edited by FourTwent

then doing do lowbie pvp?

What?

i've done lowbie pvp since f2p and it's the same as it ever was. OP, you just want to have an EXCUSE so you dont have to admit you suck at pvp

I can't even see how you didn't notice that either your own team sucks beyond imagination or that your opposition may be the worst group of PvPers you ever met. The average skill level is unbelievably bad. It might be a server thing since ToFN lowbie PvP is horrible right now. My guess is that you enjoy the new low skill level PvP so you can shine in no effort death matches.

Just be understanding, some are really just newbies, and it's not uncommon to have someone only realize what they're doing wrong by their mid lvl 20s. Just take the time to tell them how they can improve, not how much they suck. If you really don't want to team up with them, you can always try to form a group before queuing, so that's 4 players already knowing their own stuff. It's not a complete solution but 4 people working together can do a LOT of damage and defense in the 10-49 bracket

lowbie pvp is for learning. What i'm seeing lately is alot of vets levelling up 'alts' in this range, and when new blood come in and don't know what they are doing, instead of helping these new folks, the vets are getting frustrated and using the 'you suck' comments that doesnt help anyone.

I can't even see how you didn't notice that either your own team sucks beyond imagination or that your opposition may be the worst group of PvPers you ever met. The average skill level is unbelievably bad. It might be a server thing since ToFN lowbie PvP is horrible right now. My guess is that you enjoy the new low skill level PvP so you can shine in no effort death matches.

projecting much? you have a love and desire for lowbie pvp so badly that you have to come and QQ in the pvp forums about it

ill tell you a little something i learned from playing swtor pvp. if someone is complaining about their team or their faction, then 90% of the time they're just crying because the team couldn't carry them to victory. it hurts your precious ego so much to lose a match that you must RAGE and QQ all over the forums. i bet you even trash talked your own teammates too. i bet that made you feel like a big man didn't it? inflated your ego again after the loss?

I know exactly what type of person and player you are. and now i will relish at the thought of you having to queue for this 'horrible' pvp on your server while i actually contribute to the warzone

so again i say, projecting much? it seems like you're the one that loves the ' low skill level PvP' so much that you're QQing about the lowbie bracket on the forums. did your loss wake you up and make you realize you aren't as good as pvp as you once thought? i understand, it's a tough realization to admit that you suck at a game you spend so much time and money into

Edited by FourTwent

I'm talking about PvP in general...whether the players are F2P or payed (because there are bad players on both sides), who make PvP not enjoyable. I can accept a loss if your team tried but was just out-performed by a better group.

I think the frustration is when you enter a match and individuals are not listening, not wanting to learn, ....and this is happening time after time even after giving instructions. These players are going to remain bad, as they level up because they are content to do their own thing, their own way. Thats fine until you have a group depending on you.

Lowbie PvP is for learning - assuming that players actually learn. How many players that hit 50 haven't learned anything even after playing alot. Players need to take it upon themselves to read up on PvP - in terms of each WZ and the objectives, gear etc. This goes for both F2P and Paying players.

Was levelling my Guardian in PvP this weekend, and I saw a surprising number of people without an advanced class.

Which is fine by me really, means they're new players joining the game. Possible one or two were veterans trying to iron man it without an AC, but getting repeatedly destroyed in a few GCDs by my 40s JG would be masochism, not fun (N.B.I didn't target them especially, other than if I wanted them dead to win the matches, and whispered or generalchatted to say they could pick up an advanced class on fleet).

In any case, to my mind lowbie PvP is FOR inexperienced newbie players, so they can learn their class and the game's PvP. I'm not going to complain that people in lowbie PvP don't know what they're doing: that's why they're there, and why IT'S there.

I normally say nothing when I see people not doing what they're supposed to be doing, but when I do, a lot of times players either don't want to listen or they are offended that someone dared to tell them what they should be doing. :(

Might also be that since it's in the middle of a WZ, I'm saying things in a shorter and more direct way than what I normally would so players take it as being "bossy" or whatever...

Also it can sometimes be difficult to tell when someone is just there to waste everyone's time, and when they simply do not know yet what they are supposed to do.

I can't speak for other servers, but since F2P launched I've both leveled a new character on Hutta and on Tython, and one positive thing which I've noticed is that at least on my server (The Red Eclipse), there are quite a lot of people asking questions especially on the starter planets, and a lot of people giving helpful answers. Hopefully if more people notice that it's OK to ask questions, we'll eventually see less people doing various types of content without knowing what they're supposed to be doing. :)

My expectations for solo queue Warzones has never been good -especially for sub-50. It's fun, but putting 8 random people together and expecting them to work well as a team is asking too much. Also the characters have widely varying character levels and gear. I've got a few lvl 40s in crafted custom purples and those can usually take on 2 or 3 enemies at a time. Edited by MorgonKara

Pointless thread is pointless.

This is exactly how it was at launch while everyone was figuring things out. For many F2Pers, it's their launch. If they're trying the game out they likely haven't bought into more options or the ability to pvp more so the learning curve is slower. And that's what below-50 pvp is for. Want better pvp, play 50.

whenever i am doing warzones with a low level alt, instead of getting right in the middle of the action and being a free kill, i try to focus more on the objectives, and i guard stuff and try to throw out heals if i have them. imho i think level 20 should be the lowest level that one can queue for a warzone. it is frustrating to get into a warzone and see half the team is under 20. unless they are experienced players on low level alts, its almost a guaranteed loss.

funny cause my sniper who i started last night and is only lvl 13 has got top dps in 7 of the 8 WZ i played( the 1 a lvl 43 sniper beat me by 10k dmg)

How many of those were actual wins? How many of those were wins where you actually played objective base instead of sitting there going "OMG I KILLZ YOU!"

When are people going to realize your numbers mean nothing if you lost? Your numbers mean nothing if your the reason something was lost.

Honestly, Bioware should have stuck the F2P on their own server. The servers were already high pop. Though I do have to agree I see more clueless people running around in the lowbies then anythign else. Apparently spamming/yelling they are going the wrong way in Huttball is useless. Don't waste your time.

How many of those were actual wins? How many of those were wins where you actually played objective base instead of sitting there going "OMG I KILLZ YOU!"

When are people going to realize your numbers mean nothing if you lost? Your numbers mean nothing if your the reason something was lost.

Honestly, Bioware should have stuck the F2P on their own server. The servers were already high pop. Though I do have to agree I see more clueless people running around in the lowbies then anythign else. Apparently spamming/yelling they are going the wrong way in Huttball is useless. Don't waste your time.

7 wins the one loss was to a stacked team 4 man premade.. yes i understand dmg can mean nothing... i'm not a noob.. i also had the most or tied for the most medals in every WZ(cept the one i got rofl face stomped)

lvl doesnt mean sh*t in lowbies keep ur gear semi up to date and you own, everything scales.

1st game i plaved as a lvl 11 sniper i had 12900 hp... the highest in the wz and i had done nothing but the basic lvling on hutta.. i didnt buy any gear only stuff that dropped

Edited by wetslampigduex

7 wins the one loss was to a stacked team 4 man premade.. yes i understand dmg can mean nothing... i'm not a noob.. i also had the most or tied for the most medals in every WZ(cept the one i got rofl face stomped)

lvl doesnt mean sh*t in lowbies keep ur gear semi up to date and you own, everything scales.

1st game i plaved as a lvl 11 sniper i had 12900 hp... the highest in the wz and i had done nothing but the basic lvling on hutta.. i didnt buy any gear only stuff that dropped

Finally someone who knows PvP and actually won with high numbers! Let's also not forget skill has a lot to do with is as well. Haha. Something many people don't have. I'm sure with "better" gear your numbers would have been higher.

No different from game start- back then people were so terrible they actually thought tracer missile spam was OP- despite being something even a moderately good player would always interrupt. Frankly- it can't get any worse than the crowd who couldn't counter TM mercs.

Who cares?

Lowbie PvP has been, is now... and will always be crap full of bads. Lowbie PvP should be a TDM so people can practice their rotations. "Objective" is not a word thrown around lowbie PvP very often.

The F2P'ers have not made it noticeably worse. There were enough lousy players in the 10-49 bracket before F2P that I hadn't noticed a difference.

If you have a large steaming pile of crap... and dump buckets of crap on top of it....

You still have a huge pile of crap.

projecting much? you have a love and desire for lowbie pvp so badly that you have to come and QQ in the pvp forums about it

ill tell you a little something i learned from playing swtor pvp. if someone is complaining about their team or their faction, then 90% of the time they're just crying because the team couldn't carry them to victory. it hurts your precious ego so much to lose a match that you must RAGE and QQ all over the forums. i bet you even trash talked your own teammates too. i bet that made you feel like a big man didn't it? inflated your ego again after the loss?

I know exactly what type of person and player you are. and now i will relish at the thought of you having to queue for this 'horrible' pvp on your server while i actually contribute to the warzone

so again i say, projecting much? it seems like you're the one that loves the ' low skill level PvP' so much that you're QQing about the lowbie bracket on the forums. did your loss wake you up and make you realize you aren't as good as pvp as you once thought? i understand, it's a tough realization to admit that you suck at a game you spend so much time and money into

You clearly lack reading comprehension so I wonder who's actually projecting?

Who cares?

I can't believe you don't take the feelings of the 49 twinks who quit before the warzone ends and the elite players who shelve their toons when they hit 50 and reroll because the gear gap is just too much (don't fret, wait for 1.6 hand outs). This is clearly the dedicated PVP player base that needs to be catered to. I say they should get a separate queue that only puts them with other level 49 subscribers in augmented gear and the other team has to be solo queuing, free to play players that are level 20 or below. That's what they're looking for anyway.

In other news, the amount of people getting 30-40k damage in DPS specs in lowbie warzones has increased dramatically. I just don't care because it's LOWBIE PVP.