Section X is terrible

-Samhain-

Yeah! Another area to farm Daily Comms because that's definitely the bottleneck in post-50 PvE gearing. Maybe in 1.6 they'll add more Tionese crystals to loot tables as well.

It's definitely a time versus reward issue once you've ran the place a few times. If Bioware wants to add more Daily Comm rewards they need to add better gear to the Daily vendors besides crappy side-grade relics.

I've already got multiple 50's sitting on thousands of Daily Comms I need more non-Op sources of BH comms.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only one complaint about this area -

Too Many Mobs On The Roads. I usually don't die on daily quests, in Section X I die while moving from one quest to another. because when 5+ mobs are shooting at your speeder, it breaka eventually no matter what.

Plus the map sucks. Hard to understand where is the road and where is a dead end. And since the road filled with mobs, you don't have time to stop and look around.

Definetly won't be doing it more than once a week.

I am not complaining about difficulty, just that drops should be adapted to the difficulty and needed time to grind. Other than that it's all fine and dandy. I wipe because some mobs attack me from the dark and knock me off my speeder and push me in another set of mobs, until I pull my act together, I'm dead (btw I'm not using healing comp so it might help).. Too much time and effort for under 100k creds and couple of worthless daily comms. And the lag in this area on Red Eclipse oh my god the laaaaag. Illum FTW

I am not complaining about difficulty, just that drops should be adapted to the difficulty and needed time to grind. Other than that it's all fine and dandy. I wipe because some mobs attack me from the dark and knock me off my speeder and push me in another set of mobs, until I pull my act together, I'm dead (btw I'm not using healing comp so it might help).. Too much time and effort for under 100k creds and couple of worthless daily comms. And the lag in this area on Red Eclipse oh my god the laaaaag. Illum FTW

Agree. Which is why I like it on my Operative. Stealth past all that junk to get to the objectives, knock em over using Kaliyo to tank while I heal. Jobs done. My Sentinel on the other hand.. BLAM.. speeder down, 10 mobs gank me. Rinse/repeat. Frankly I think the STAP mount (since it came with the $150 CE) should have a higher resistance to being blown up, the same as that refer a friend one does.

The missions themselves are as good as any. Just getting to the them with mobs packed so tight makes the dailes take too long. As a sent with rank 3 speeder I get knocked off EVERY time and often, as others have said, get jumped by 2 groups of mobs.

I did notice that my companion comes back with more cash from dropped trash items.

The airstrike codes are a problem. The place needs to be instanced

For Auto Cannon the mob capability and density is annoying. I believe that everything heals and you often get many group mobs at once. This makes it so you need a well-rounded group which isn't really a bad thing but the second time I did it we gave up because it just simply took too long to take stuff down plus and it ends up wearing the down the healer. Also there's a buggy spot where the pack resets, whoch also happens to be a pull where you have 4 group mobs and a strong at the same time.

The mob layout for the open zone is annoying as well you can't get to any quest destination without having to go through mobs sitting right in the middle of the path.

Overall feeling is that it's just a little too aggrivating

I've already got multiple 50's sitting on thousands of Daily Comms I need more non-Op sources of BH comms.

This.

Who the feck needs another daily area? Daily comms, ahahahaah, i didnt need them back at mid january.

You should AT LEAST be able to buy Rakata/BH with daily comms and latest implants/earpiece.

Fail is a fail.

Edited by GrandMike

Repub side is easy. With a fairly decently geared companion you can do everything but the Heroic 4 easily and in minutes.

Imperial side is bad and buggy. Not only does it take longer to do the way its laid out, but there are a few missions on there that take me longer to do than the WHOLE Repub side alone. The Air Strike codes that drop off Marksman (sometimes) when there are only 4 marksman or something in the one building where all Imperials are crawling and the respawn timer is long...bleh. I quit running these on the second day. The Chained Leaders in the small outside prisons...never worked for me once. Seems like it wasn't tested at all tbh.

I do like playing the Repub side of it and find groups for the Heroic 4 fairly easy, but I don't think I'll run the Imp side again until it changes or is fixed.

don't really have a problem with any of the dailies except for march of the dread guard. The buggy leaders is very annoying. I still have yet to complete my weekly area quest for the BH comms because not enough people are even going to section x to spawn a 2nd instance where hopefully the leaders arent bugged out. Also, dreadtooth has been stuck at 7 stacks for quite a while now on my server and he is not resetting and my guild can't get near 24 people online at the same time to just kill him. If only bioware would listen to the pleas of the customers who still want to help this game be the best it can and open up char copies to the PTR. I guess bioware doesn't really want to test anything about this game and just rely on in house testing where the people obviously have no clue about their own game. I swear in house testers must all play at camera distance 10% and not notice glaringly obvious bugs or annoyances with the game. Dear in house testers please use camera distance 80-100% and fix the targetting/view issues with the camera angles going crazy during fights.

Ok, so I spent most of the last few days getting HK-51 on all of my lvl 50 toons. I found the HK-51 quest to be quite enjoyable and definitely easy enough to bypass the 1million credit cost in order to obtain it on all my toons (even those that I won't even bother using him on). So after I finished my HK-51 quests, I decided to take a shot at the new Section X dailies to see what they were like. My conclusion: the Section X dailies are buggy and the difficulty of them is extremely disproportionate compared to the rewards you receive. Now, let me just say that not all of them are this way, but for most people that don't spend their entire lives doing dailies it seems like a lot of time and effort to spend even for weekly rewards considering how difficult some of the dailies are.

Lost Reconnaissance:

Whose bright idea was it to make the Wild Beast portion of this so stupidly rare? Ok, so if I kill a group of 4 Tuk'ata I get ONE kill closer to the 18 I need to complete the quest, but if I kill a group of 5 Bogwings I get 5 kills closer? Needless to say Bogwing groups are rare while the place is virtually littered with Tuk'ata and DROID groups that seem to do absolutely nothing (perhaps the droid groups are for the Republic?). Anyway, this needs to be adjusted. Granted it's a heroic 2 mission but who is honestly running more than 1 person regularly for such a simple quest? This is just a time sink as far as I can tell.

March of the Dread Guard:

Defend the Shipment all over again. Currently this quest seems to be bugged as you are unable to free the Prison Leaders.

Targeted Misfire:

The drop rate on the Airstrike Codes off of Marksmen is absurdly low. This needs to be adjusted immediately somehow. The amount of Marksmen spawns is already low, though there seems to be no shortage of strong and elite level jedi in the area. On top of this the respawn rates are abysmal. Add to this a low drop rate on the codes and it's a recipe for a ridiculous time sink. Everyone is running around trying to find 1 Marksmen in a group of 6 mobs, and even if you happen to find 3 marksmen in a single group, chances are you're likely to see zero code drops. It reminds me of Deadly Mutations if Deadly Mutations required a drop from the Cthon's.

The Aurora Cannon:

I have yet to even try Aurora Cannon yet. The consensus seems to be that it requires at least 3 people to do it, if not 4. Therefore I won't be doing this quest until sometime over the weekend. I understand this is a 4man Heroic though so I'll give Bioware the benefit of the doubt on this one for now.

Data Raid:

A fairly easy mission, though the amount of strongs and elites seem fairly high considering the rewards. I have no major complaints about this mission, it seems balanced enough, though it should be on the more difficult end of the spectrum for a DAILY.

Hyperbiology:

No problems here, I think this is a well balanced quest, maybe even too easy, but maybe I only think that after I've done the rest of the missions.

Let me just say that I ran this on my main and these are my initial impressions. My main is a geared Assassin Tank with a decently geared HK-51 companion, which means that things are usually significantly easier for this toon than for other toons that I have at 50. I can run Black Hole dailies (including Torvix) in 20min solo. I haven't even finished all of the dailies on Section X and it's been over an hour...yet for some reason both of these daily sections give the same amount of Black Hole Commendations. Considering I get 5 Black Hole Comms a day from just doing Flashpoints what incentive do I have to ever come back here for a WEEKLY?

Say hello to PTS character copy problems they never address with each PTS. If you can't character copy then your relying on players to level intermittently from 1 to 50 to experience end game content for the PTS.

Thats why you get a lack of player data and how to modify the content so it doesn't come with bugs or glitches in quests.

Statement: Republic side is easy as was mentioned. The amount of PVP ganking is annoying. If it didn't cost me anything I'd consider moving to a PvE server. I might just stay on the PvP server and play all other characters on PvE servers. The amount of ganking 4 on 1 and level 50 players camping opposite faction players on Alderaan and Tatooine is really ridiculous, and the fact that players won't stop attacking when you try asking them something is getting stupid. The PvP servers I've been on have all been disorganized and lacking good sportsmanship with all but very very few players. And most of the Republic players whine or take the ganking and wait for the Imps to leave.

Irritated Statement: When you ask for help or indicate Imperials/Republic players, the players on your side just tell you to deal with it instead of doing something like grouping up and fighting.

Exclamation: IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE ON A PVP SERVER IN AN MMO THEN HELP YOUR FELLOW PLAYERS OUT. OTHERWISE GO TO A FRIGGIN PVE SERVER!

Observation: Of course most of the gankers are half intelligent Imperial meatbags who believe that you speak to the other faction via General chat and not Say. So there's no surprise that they won't listen.

Mockery: "But the Republic players do that too."

Indignant Statement: I have been ganked 4 on 1 and 1 on 1 by Republic players ONCE. ONLY ONCE. Since launch. And those that did were smart enough to know how to chat cross faction.

Statement: Prophecy of the Five, formerly of Fat Man, formerly of Hedarr Soongh. Each one has been terrible with ganking.

Query: What does this rant have to do with anything?

Summary: My point is that the cross faction part isn't so great in Section X. I like the Black Hole area better because you have to put forth some effort to go cross faction and it doesn't happen very often. You get ganked by turds less often and it's not as annoying. For me Section X is good for getting HK and that's it. I haven't even been able to complete the stupid Weekly because of the cross faction ganking and lack of players willing to do it (like me). I like the idea and the setup, but it's just..... 4 on one ganking and pwning of Republic players. Open world PvP, it just... /no.

Republic Section X - :D:D:D:D

Imperial Section X - TARGET MISFIRE is aptly named because it's a miss. The drop rate on Air Strike Codes is really driving me nuts. Fix this and I'll do the weekly more than once. Right now I'm doing the Aurora Cannon in half the time Target Misfire takes. Is this intended?

Edited by AshlaBoga

Imperial Section X - TARGET MISFIRE is aptly named because it's a miss. The drop rate on Air Strike Codes is really driving me nuts. Fix this and I'll do the weekly more than once. Right now I'm doing the Aurora Cannon in half the time Target Misfire takes. Is this intended?

Incorrect. Drop rates for the codes are fine, just read your quest description and make sure you're killing the right enemies, since most people don't. I've never been on the quest for more than 10 minutes.

Summary: My point is that the cross faction part isn't so great in Section X. I like the Black Hole area better because you have to put forth some effort to go cross faction and it doesn't happen very often. You get ganked by turds less often and it's not as annoying. For me Section X is good for getting HK and that's it. I haven't even been able to complete the stupid Weekly because of the cross faction ganking and lack of players willing to do it (like me). I like the idea and the setup, but it's just..... 4 on one ganking and pwning of Republic players. Open world PvP, it just... /no.

Don't flag yourself for PvP then. Unless you're always flagged on a PvP server (never been on one so no idea). Solution is quite clear really.

Edited by Mevan

Section X blows and sucks, must be one windy place. I did it once, and did the HK quest, and I will not be going back there. I sincerely hope everyone else goes there all the time though, because it takes so long to do those dailies that I can do all 3 of the other areas while you're fighting each other for spawns in there.

Horrrrrrrible daily quest zone, period.

Not sure how some people are wiping in it. It's really easy...even the heroic 4 is easy. I two manned it with a friend until the end, where it requires four people to drop the shields and throw the bomb. It doesn't take as long as the old Belsavis dalies either, so I like it.

They're so used to speeding off from Point A to Point B without being attacked/dismounted from their rides that when they cross the densely populated pens and those Jedi/Sith yank them back with 8-12 silvers waiting for their *** they have little to no chance to survive.

You should get off your rides and simply fight through the jailyard. It'll be a lot easier in the long-term.

I disagree (mostly) with the OP on this one.

I totally agree that "Targeted Misfire: The drop rate on the Airstrike Codes off of Marksmen is absurdly low." is complete CRAP. Nothing like running around with 10 other people looking for the same thing. I've seen several killed not provide any Codes - VERY DUMB DROP RATE MOVE for the number of them found in the location. You have to camp out on one just to get three in a row. (Yes, even with a team of 4 buddies).

LAG for 50-60 people in the instance does suck (I suspect that is more Server Capacity issue related to F2P).

HARD & LOOT - Disagree. I think this is perfectly scaled up a degree and MOB loot is slightly higher drop amounts than BH (IMHO). The BIG DIFFERENCE between other Dailies... You get CREDITS for the Bonus missions. So the overall missions have identical+ loot as BH, but you can walk away with another 25k for Bonus loot and the Daily Comm's is DOUBLE that of BH. http://dulfy.net/2012/11/28/swtor-dailies-and-pve-endgame-gearing-in-1-5/

Edited by dscount