BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)

Maylander

Hey folks!

If you are unable to solo this fight, please give us a bit more information as requested below:

1) Did you save your companion?

2) What is your advanced class and tree spec?

This fight is designed to be soloable by fully utilizing your interrupts. You should not need to use any LOS tricks, etc, but we will take a look at exactly which circumstances are making this fight undefeatable for some players.

Thanks for your help!

1) Yes I did

2) Guardian full def spec minus 1 skill, 3 points in dmg (powering up force sweep).

Guild mate said this fight was hard and you had to use t7 so before I got there I equpied him well still kicked my ***. Don't see why force sweep doesn't kill the clones when any other hit will. Also the guy bugs out one me a few times and just randomly jumps all over the place.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks!

If you are unable to solo this fight, please give us a bit more information as requested below:

This fight is designed to be soloable by fully utilizing your interrupts. You should not need to use any LOS tricks, etc, but we will take a look at exactly which circumstances are making this fight undefeatable for some players.

Thanks for your help!

1) I saved my companion.

2) My JK is a Guardian. Talent spec is http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#500dMGcubrouRZhGM.1

3) I was warned ahead of time that I'd need T7, so despite using Kira 100% of the time before then, I made a point of having him in 100% level fifty gear, and almost all of it was either blue or modded.

The problems I ran into were this:

1) The adds would virtually never group up, so AoE was an impossiblity.

2) After Awe was on cooldown, it was impossible to kill all the adds before the lightning bolts started.

3) You don't dare stop targeting the Emperor himself, because you HAVE to stop Death Field and only have 3 seconds to do so. That means you have to Cyclone Slash each add individually. God help you if you've run out of focus.

4) The adds waves appear to come faster and faster. Wave 4 arrived while Force Sweep was still on cooldown, and Wave 5 (the farthest I got) seemed to arrive faster yet.

My experiences (before I called in help) went like this:

1) Saber throw Emperor. Start fighting at base of stairs.

2) First wave spawns. Awe, then kill. (This was the only wave that remains grouped enough for AoE.) Beat on Emperor. Interrupt Death Field.

3) Second wave spawns. Challenging Call to keep T7 alive, kill them with Cyclone Slashes and Force Sweep. Interrupt Death field, then use those 4 seconds to sic T7 on one if you're absolutely certain you can target the right emperor afterward.

4) Third wave spawns. Force Sweep, Cyclone Slash, interrupt Death Field. Use the 4-second lockout to retarget T7 to one, smack another, target Emperor again.

5) Fourth wave spawns as third wave dies. By this point, T7 generally keels over. I can usually kill these guys, but often the Emperor gets off a Death Field or I'm not fast enough on the killing (usually due to lack of focus at that point) and eat three lightning strikes and get knocked to the other side of the room and then Death Fielded.

6) If I survived wave four, then wave Five spawns immediately afterward and I get barbequeued.

Also, please note that despite going 5 waves, Awe is STILL on cooldown. And while I didn't mention them, by the end, every defensive cooldown will have been used, up to and including stimpacks, medpacks. Call on the Force was even used the few fights it was available.

Edited by Taliesyn

LVL 50 female guardian 31 Points in the defense tree, 10 in vigiliance.

Saved the companion (Doc, playing a female char) and got my *** kicked about 20 times now.

Tried it head on and LOSing.

The clones are AOE resistant and I always struggle with finding the right emperor again. Marking him would help, but that is only doable in a group. And being our signature quest i do not want to do that.

Outfitted T7 a bit but the useless tin can dies in the first 30 seconds anyway but helps on the way toward the emperor...

Another nice feature I found during my little horror trip is that you spawn at the shuttle medic when dying close to the left wall. NOT COOL !!!

I beat any of the other "bosses" on the first try. For me this is not doable perhaps I am to stupid or simply out of luck but I never got him below 40%. If you would leave out the mirrors or let them be affected by aoe (Force Sweep in particular) it would help me. But currently I am too frustrated to even consider playing swtor this week.

Took me 5 or so tries but managed it as a 14/27 def/vigilance specced guardian. T7 was in lvl ~30 gear and I used all my cooldowns, traded aggro with T7 and CC'd/LoS'd the Emperor while killing the adds. He only had time to spawn 2 or 3 waves I think. Not as hard as the class quest on Tatooine where you have to kill 3 marauders at the crashed ship IMO, though mostly because of the lack of talent points and abilities. They were both extremely hard though.

Edited by vrok-

Hi there, folks!

A quick reminder to please use the available SPOILER tags when sharing something that spoils the story! You can use them like this:

[noparse]

(Information here.)

[/noparse]

That will give you this:

(Information here.)

Thank you for your understanding and help keeping this forum spoiler-free!

I tested in Defense and Vigilance all like all JK tanks T7 was in lvl 14 gear.. So I took a friend in and blasted it after it cost me 60k in repairs trying to work it out solo. Was not fun at all good story but the cost/forced use of T7 bad Idea.

Hey folks!

Thanks for your help!

Saved companion, sentinel, T7 in mostly lvl 50 gear from cybertech. First tried as combat, since that was spec I was using generaly. After few tries and dying in second wave, respecced to watchnan for misculine heals. Did not matter. Got tired, finished him with pilars Before peeling him off from crowd(what would make interrupting possible) he has me down to half or 2/3 of health. During second wave he kills me before I even find him. Problem (IMHO) is his damage output(maybe reduce damage with each clone alive). If you miss two casts, you're down to half health, and with clones you will miss your chance to kick. Awe can help, but once. Now that I think about it, you could awe->kill clones->interrupt until awe CD is up, but it's just as boring as hugging pillars.

LOS tricks were boring, sure, but that's because allowing him to cast meant near death, and he wasn't attempting anything when you're hidden. But also, gave fight unique feeling - first boss where you needed to do something else than kick him, and that was very nice. So if you're going to tweak this fight,adding some creative use on environment (and force) would be wellcome(as chance to replay it to see how it was meant to look)

Also, two bugs with lower level of temple:

- dying somewhere on first floor, I think near entrance, got me sent to medcenter after rayshield, forcing me to use fleet pass because barier wasn't disabled yet.

- chest that spawns after puzzle can't be opened, there is part where yuo can click and get cast bar, but nothing happens. Those that have finished quest just hope contents wasn't anything good ;]

In a sense, Bioware is trying to force the Jedi Knight into a moral dilema, which is present in the lore itself.

It's said the emperor is in a weakened state before you get to him, you get the destress signal that Kira is in trouble, you go down to rescue her. You later reach the Emperor whom has had time to recharge. I understand doing this would make him more difficult. But I think it gets to the point where it's a bit "too" much. Because it's difficult to dispatch the clones in time to make sure you concentrate on the real guy. I needed a hand from a friend in order to beat this. I honestly couldn't see a way of beating him outside of LoS.

Yeah, realize that all the crap you were told over 50 levels of being someone special is actually crap and the Emperor will destroy the Galaxy...

Got Emperor now down to 10k HP, then dropped dead... this *censored Word here* Fight destroyed the complete Story Feeling.

Do some of this Guys even play their own game?

Just really really pissed, I spend a lot of creds and Commendations to upgrade T7 to even get there and now that.

Merry Christmas to all of ya, cos mine is ruined. Immersion destroyed, BW you failed with the JK Story, you failed massively.

I tried 8 times and even using the pillars as a hide point and getting help from a sage on my last 4 attempts I would get him near 50% and he would do a force push that would insta kill me. This is game breaking and I can't finish the quest. My other major issue is the mobs leading up to the emperor do an extreme amount of damage more than some boss fights. The mobs are to close together as well so even if you are able to kill one they are out dps you. I dare a dev try this out and prove it can be done. It doesn't matter what your spec is or how well your Droid is geared you have to be extremely lucky to finish this. The insta kill is probably the biggest problem but all of these issues need to be addressed. So I gave up trying and awaiting a fix.

Jedi Guardian - defence spec - saved companion.

After about 5 hours of trying various tricks and stuff I finally managed to get the pillar approach to work long enough to win. I spent much of my time trying to get the push down the stairs approach to work, but the emperor would often bug out leaving me with only clones to kill, so the pillar approach was much more manageable in practice. I still needed some practice to get that to work though!

Like everyone else the fact that AOE doesn't despawn the clones seems to be a major issue. However I noticed a few other issues.

1) He seems to occasionally be able to shoot lightning attacks through the pillars - rare, but it happened at least twice.

2) He sometimes seems to be doing two channelled skills at the same time. You interrupt him successfully but he still gets force storm off anyway...

3) He seems to be able to move while doing induction skills. Not sure if that is intended...

4) Finally, he doesn't seem to respect the 4 second skill restriction from force kick - he will use the same induction back to back (think it was 'force blast' that I saw him do this with).

How to win this fight:

1. Make sure to gear T7 as best as possible.

2. Interrupt EVERYTHING of his.

3. Bring a friend.

Seriously, I've tried and I heard all my other Knight friends try, and fail. Bring another level 50 and it's cake :p

Edited by GageIbbetson

Fight took me like 10 tries. Targeting and killing the clones at first was kinda awkward and was hard to tell who I was actually attacking, but after a few tries I got taht down. Then I tried a bunch of different strategies and could usually average getting him to about 50% health. Finally I perfected a pillar strategy.

Managed to keep t7 alive through the first wave and then was able to get all the clones down in the 2nd wave, but t7 fell shortly after. After that I fought the emperor getting all my interrupts. I never interrupted death field, but instead ran away then leaped back in. I used a med pack after the 2nd wave also.

Before the 3rd wave I ran up the stairs and would force push him down and LOS him to try and get some of my cd's back. At the initial start of the 3rd wave I got bombarded by a lot of spells that dropped me pretty badly, but I just continuously ran around the pillars killing clones as they got close.

After all the clones were down for the 3rd time then it was just another fight in the open with the emperor, just used my interrupts to the best of my ability. Luckily my med pack cd finished at the end allowing me to use it once more. Killed him finally, but only had like 300hp at the end.

I'm a Def spec'd guardian, 31/10/0. I also did save my companion and I had t7 geared up with the quest gear from Voss and Correlia.

As a Combat Sentinel, I got him down to 1% health and then died before I could get the last hit, but that was sheer dumb luck, and the stars just happened to align..

the first round of clones just happened to bunch up for T7 to wipe out with an EMP plulse/grenade. usually they dont cluster up nice and neat.

the second round, I used a seismic grenade from my cybertech freind for an additional area knockdown, again they just happen to cluster up

this allowed me to stay alive long enough to clear the waves down to his last chunk of health (t7 died on the last round) and stand toe to toe, and almost downed him, but i could not recreate that perfect chain, and even then in combat spec there isnt enough interupts. Watchman I feel would have enough interupts to pull it off since they get a cooldown reduction on kick, and the ability to use leap at point blank range. Guardian gets push and a 30m throw, which makes it very possible as well, the additional area-knockdown utility of push would make it magnitudes easier for me.

Combat however gets neither of those, and just cant interupt enough to stand toe to toe on top of managing specials to knock out the clones, especially since things like sweep and cyclone slash just dont seem to AOE them.

Most runs of it arent that clean or predicable, just a clusterscrew of lightening and death fields and the clones just sorta spread too far out to manage given the ammount of incomming damage.

So, its not impossible, and i almost did it... but its harder than it is fun. Ive spent over two hundred thousand credits on repairs and stims trying, just hoping the clones happen to randomly fall into position correctly. As Combat spec though, theres just not enough CC or interupt at your disposal, it needs just a little *umph* and itll be fine. I still didnt have enough CC, and I even purchased an outside CC (the grenades). I consider buying those a requirment for this fight for a sentinel.

also, my T7 is completly kitted out with player crafted blue tier equipment, or high end orange gear that i updated personally... my t7 is practially a pvp equipped player.

And, I did save the companion.

Edited by thepilk

Also, on a semi-realated note:

would it be possible to make the Doomsday quest repeatable once finished?

Some folks kinda got screwed out of the final battle by the one hit kill bug, plus its a pretty cool zone.

maybe the doomsday quest (or even the final climax for all class stories) could be made into a daily/weekly heroic.

I saved my companion.

I am a Full Watchman Sentinel.

T7 is my normal companion of choice, so he is fully geared out.

Result?

Ended up needing a healer to kite the Emperor in order to be able to kill him.

I tried this fight 10 times a day for almost a week, and wasted a lot of credits on it. In the end my result was the same as many others, I could not beat him solo.

Something you might want to look at here, is that his shadows cannot be damaged with area of effect abilities. As a Sentinel I do not have the luxury of standing in the fire to kill these adds like a Guardian.

Force Storm, just about as overpowered as any ability I have ever seen in a MMO. I hated this fight, which is sad because I was one of the first to 50 on my server, but I didn't get to touch Ilum for over a week after I got to 50. Kinda missed my daily quests.

Just my 2 credits, its over now for me, although the poor healer that came to save my bacon got STUCK on the planet with his emergency republic fleet pass down for 10 hours.

Might want to look into that one too. Little hard to get people to help you with this fight if they get stuck there once its all said and done.

Cheers!

Hey folks!

Thanks for your help!

1. Saved my companion

2. Sentinel, combat primary

Using interupts to take him down would be wonderful.....except that I have killl all of the clones before I can focus on using interupts on him and by then I'm down to half HP if I'm lucky. If I solely focus on him I'm dead even sooner from the focus fire of the clones.

The best I've been able to do is get him to summon the second wave of clones, I don't make it past those at all because a. my health is too low and b. I'm not good at changing targets..

3 shot him, no problems. No friend. Not bugged. Did gear up T7 from Corellia quest rewards, some ah stuff. Hybrid Defense/Vig specced Guardian. I wrote the spoiler on a couple of other posts, won't do it again.

Not to be inflammatory, but if you know your class and mechanics, this fight isn't hard solo.

How to win this fight:

1. Make sure to gear T7 as best as possible.

2. Interrupt EVERYTHING of his.

3. Bring a friend.

Seriously, I've tried and I heard all my other Knight friends try, and fail. Bring another level 50 and it's cake :p

You don't need t7 for anything - but he makes getting there a little easier.

Disclaimer: If anyone else has posted this already, sorry, I only read the first 5 pages of comments and couldn't be bothered to read more of the same thing over and over.

There's two major ways to deal with this without ANY issues.

1. It's an MMO. Bring a friend. If I can bring him to 40% alone on my first few tries at level 48, one buddy could easily make that 40% emp a 0% emp.

2. Saber throw him and run away. Bring him back to the long stairwell, knock him down it. Kill his adds, knock him down again, collect loot. A little thought goes a long way. Think outside the box and try to figure out plans to stack the odds in your favor and you'll go far.

The only person to blame for 100k cred repair bills is yourself for slamming your head over and over in the same way. Try new ways, figure out ways to give yourself advantages (and neutralize disadvantages) and you will profit no matter what you do in this game whether it's solo play, team play, PVP or raiding. :]

Slightly off topic:

Please stop with the threats. If you want to quit the game because this fight (among many others) may not be tuned within the first three weeks of launch then fine. That's your prerogative. But, coming on here and "threatening" the devs belittles your argument and makes you sound like a child.

Lot of you are having trouble. Ok. I'm sure they get that, but this class quest isnt the only issue in the game, nor the most important. Triage is in effect people. Chill.