Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

1 new warzone in 1 year.. Not good enough

DFade

i hate to ruin your hopes but i doubt we will ever see cross server pvp. It's easier for them to merge all europe/US servers rather than make them cross servers

If it was easy, they would have done it for the APAC servers that have had population problems for some time now :D

The servers are as merged as they can be without causing problems, such as forcing people to server types they don't want to be in (PvP vs RP vs PvE) or having a laggy experience (West vs East).

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you didn't know this was a PvE game? you must be new here

What are you talking about ...

1st what do you know about me. Im new ??? .. well to inform you.. Im a CE. and have played since Beta....

2nd This is not only a pve game... Its just like most other MMO¨s Its a pve with pvp content. BW&EA are just

ignoring the fact that the pvp base is HUGE and pve is NOT enough to make a success.

And if this is a PVE game... what are you doing in the PVP section of this forum ?????

What are you talking about ...

1st what do you know about me. Im new ??? .. well to inform you.. Im a CE. and have played since Beta....

2nd This is not only a pve game... Its just like most other MMO¨s Its a pve with pvp content. BW&EA are just

ignoring the fact that the pvp base is HUGE and pve is NOT enough to make a success.

And if this is a PVE game... what are you doing in the PVP section of this forum ?????

Well most people know that this is a PvE game first. Heck even the devs said they had no idea PvP would be so popular. Now why they have not acted on this is beyond me.

Well most people know that this is a PvE game first. Heck even the devs said they had no idea PvP would be so popular. Now why they have not acted on this is beyond me.[/QU

still the dude tells me im new and this is a pve game.... ???

Is this ONLY a pve game... or did i miss something.

I was asking if we needed a new warzone cause what we got is NOT enough.

still the dude tells me im new and this is a pve game.... ???

Is this ONLY a pve game... or did i miss something.

I was asking if we needed a new warzone cause what we got is NOT enough.

And I understand that but with all the attention, updates, new content and gear that the PvE player base gets it should be quite apparent that most PvPers who have been here for a while know that PvP always takes a back seat.

Is 4 warzones enough? Without Ilum anymore absolutely not. Are they working on getting a new one? Yes and while I do not agree with there time table for all things PvP understanding that PvE comes first and sometimes second will help with realizing why there has been only one warzone added within one year of launch.

Edited by cycao

And I understand that but with all the attention, updates, new content and gear that the PvE player base gets it should be quite apparent that most PvPers who have been here for a while know that PvP always takes a back seat.

Is 4 warzones enough? Without Ilum anymore absolutely not. Are they working on getting a new one? Yes and while I do not agree with there time table for all things PvP understanding that PvE comes first and sometimes second will help with realizing why there has been only one warzone added within one year of launch.

To me its absolutely amazing. Why they bleed subs is very simple. They created a great PvP game with a lot to offer PVP players. They create a boring dull PvE game that lacks any sort of complexity, variance or substance to make the battles enjoyable to the point they have to have modes in the same content to provide players even a cursory challenge.

They go on to insist this is a pve game, when its dull "themepark" style pve environment won't hold that larger audience and proceed to basically ignore pvp for 12 months.

No one is going to pay a sub for a long period of time to keep riding the same boring rides. Biowares problem is that of the annual carnival. A themepark PVE game where you have no communities is dead on arrival. Lets take guilds. At launch you had an amazing guilds page with free guilds websites. Gone. You've done absolutely zero in 12 months for guilds to develop and thrive in your game. You've done nothing to provide PVE a purpose. The story has not advanced. No ones character has gotten any additional "story" plots.

The fact is the games developers are doing a terrible job. I am biased against pve. I hate pve grinds and long tired tasks with 1 person screwing up causing a wipe/reset. Or other very lame mechanics that are just repeatable puzzles to be solved very easily with google.

Fun is stories. I don't mind operations/hm's the first few times I run it. See the light/side darkside choices. Hang out with a few pve'ers. Its not bad. The sheer awfulness of nightmare mode/HM makes me want to punch people. Having played, tanked, dps'd those things, I will tell you I will never do them again. Its not hard its BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PVP without new maps, open world, consquences, real ranked, guilds its sucks.

So they keep losing people because the great framework and genre they have is being developed by lazy, inept people unable to deliver basic improvements to a MMO on schedule with any degree of significance to the new content. Its a hodgepodge joke, with I am sure the good content they've been developed something I will have to buy to play. Until people hold these developers accountable to give us more basic fundamentals across the game it will continue to dissappoint the gaming community.

Well most people know that this is a PvE game first. Heck even the devs said they had no idea PvP would be so popular. Now why they have not acted on this is beyond me.

If you are recalling the same BW Press Release I am, then you remember BW stating they were going to give a lot of love to PvP as a result of their surprising metrics. That was January of this year. Since then, Ilum has been squashed, PvPers have received one new WZ, a failed RWZ system, and one gear reset. Failing to act on their own information doesn't even begin to describe it. lol

It's just bizarre how bad BW has misfired on PvP.

Another huttball map would be ballin'

I remember reading somewhere that there are currently Two new Huttball maps in the works. But don't ask me to quote/link it. Think it was in one of those Dev Q&A articles.

They go on to insist this is a pve game, when its dull "themepark" style pve environment won't hold that larger audience and proceed to basically ignore pvp for 12 months.

This is an interesting point. If you think about it, and I don't often because I don't PvE much in this game, BW only really did two things right in PvE: the Class Stories and the Companion system. Aside from that, the PvE is pretty bad in almost every way.

You are definitely on to something. As a PvE game, SWTOR is pretty banal, especially after you have ventured through to level 50 once on both Pub and Imp. BW keeps emphasizing and focusing on bad PvE. If I were just a PvEer, I would have bolted from this game around March or so.

HK-51 to me is the exception. I think the HK-51 stuff actually works because it feels like an extension of my toon's story and is an additional companion. HK-51 is sort of a combination of the two things that BW did right with PvE. The rest of the stuff though; Legacy, Ops, Crafting, is just garbage. No wonder people don't stick around.

If you are recalling the same BW Press Release I am, then you remember BW stating they were going to give a lot of love to PvP as a result of their surprising metrics. That was January of this year. Since then, Ilum has been squashed, PvPers have received one new WZ, a failed RWZ system, and one gear reset. Failing to act on their own information doesn't even begin to describe it. lol

Lol yeah its quite mind bottling that they have done a 180 since that statement.

Q F E!!! So much truth in this reply.

oo A crappy new warzone... where is my world pvp? where is the new ilum fix that they told us was coming?

Idk, go ask gw2. Oh wait... they couldnt get large scale pvp to work, either.

Perhaps it may be that its just not so simple to create such xontent and have it function?

They could easily make more WZ maps that are more or less the same thing just with different skins.

And, they could also easily make new, simple, tried and tested WZ (like cap the flag though I guess huttball is a modified version of that in a way, deathmatch). Also, a WZ that felt like a war would be fantastic. AV when it first came out was some of the best pvp I've ever had.

Idk, go ask gw2. Oh wait... they couldnt get large scale pvp to work, either.

Perhaps it may be that its just not so simple to create such xontent and have it function?

lol you must not play gw2 the pvp system it has is great and the WvW is awesome. So it must not be to hard EAs to busy selling UI bars to add in some good NEW content.

lol you must not play gw2 the pvp system it has is great and the WvW is awesome. So it must not be to hard EAs to busy selling UI bars to add in some good NEW content.

Actually I do, but I quit the spvp after a month because its literally the worst pvp experience in any genre Ive ever had. Even the most cursory look at the official forums, the fan forums, or reddit will show that an enormous number of other feel similarly.

WvW, which is what I was referring to, is better but its generally regarded as being not much more than a giant zerg. Folks have been begging the devs to tweak it to require more tactcs and strategy since launch. Moreover, you can't even see most Of the other players in WvW because their technology is culling them off screen left and right - and this was really my point; even the game designed for and touted as king of large scale pvp cant get it to actually work from a tech standpoint, so lets not go chasing anyone with pitchforks over Ilum.

Since WZ's are pretty much the end game content. Yes they need more maps/game types.

But only if they are nothing like huttball..... Win or lose I despise it.

I used to hate huttball, now i love it.

Variety is always good IMO. Plus if you play with friends huttbal can be a very quick win for your daily :D

One warzone is not enough, you are correct. But don't make them go into overdrive and release, say 5 in a month. That would simply be too overwhelming for most players, plus they would most likely be total trash. Let them take their time, but then again at least try to get a couple done a year.

I remember reading somewhere that there are currently Two new Huttball maps in the works. But don't ask me to quote/link it. Think it was in one of those Dev Q&A articles.

This is an interesting point. If you think about it, and I don't often because I don't PvE much in this game, BW only really did two things right in PvE: the Class Stories and the Companion system. Aside from that, the PvE is pretty bad in almost every way.

You are definitely on to something. As a PvE game, SWTOR is pretty banal, especially after you have ventured through to level 50 once on both Pub and Imp. BW keeps emphasizing and focusing on bad PvE. If I were just a PvEer, I would have bolted from this game around March or so.

HK-51 to me is the exception. I think the HK-51 stuff actually works because it feels like an extension of my toon's story and is an additional companion. HK-51 is sort of a combination of the two things that BW did right with PvE. The rest of the stuff though; Legacy, Ops, Crafting, is just garbage. No wonder people don't stick around.

I haven't checked out HK-51 or the dread masters. I was so dissappointed with the black hole, rakghoul, stupid treasure hunt on tatooine that I just didn't feel like it would be fun.

Crafting in this game is terrible. They undercut you at every turn trying to run one. All that cartel stuff is just the latest example. So let me get this straight. You've practically murdered all non-consumable crafting already. Now lets release the "cool" gear in sellable packs and flood the markets.

I as a player who rather enjoys a bit of crafting over running missions to make extra credits finds this terribly offensive. They've done it in almost every major patch. You take a profession and just blow it to pieces. Or you just flood the market with resources to ruin any profitability in the crafting profession.

If anyone wanted to be a crafter in this game those people left. You'd have to be insane given this last release to ever take crafting seriously.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.