Bought an ultimage gaming rig, and game is still laggy!

ZeusThunder

Bestbuy said they won't take it back because of Star Wars not working. Should I try to break it so I can get it replaced with the warranty?

How long ago did you buy it?? You should be able to return in within a certain time frame. Tell them you are dissatisfied with the quality for the price you paid.

I feel bad for you. Next time do some research on the internet and ask people in the forums for suggestions. Mass mfg computers like dell and the like sold at these places are way over priced for what under the hood.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be your rig; my computer is 3 years old (and not even a gaming computer) and I run everything on the highest setting just fine.

2.8ghz dual core processor

3gb ram

nvidia 9600GT gfx card

not a whole lot going on here, but the game runs smoooooooooooth for me :D

Wow dude. You should have ordered from IBuyPower.

I got this rig for only $1,250 exactly (after all billing/shipping is added too)

(it's been months and that link is old. It does have 2TB of space, along with 850W power supply)

Had it for quite some time now, and it runs like a charm. No lag in ANY of the games I have currently played. (Skyrim, AC: Revelations, SW:TOR, Deus Ex, ect)

<3 my rig

Edited by Ghoulishtie

Just so you know I'm not lying, here are my specs. This was bought from Bestbuy and even setup by a Geeksquad computer expert:

- 24" Viewsonic flatscreen monitor

- Dell gaming mouse

- Windows Seven Ultimate

- Intel quadra processor

- Memory with 12 gigabytes of ram power

- One TERABYTE Hard Drive

- BluRay player

- Foxconn power supply with 400 wattage

- Sound Blaster sound card

- GE Force GT 520 video card

So after getting a $1500 gaming computer ($2100 after signing up for the extended warranty and 2 years of Geeksquad protection) the Star Wars game is STILL laggy! Not only that, but it can take up to 40 minutes just to log in if I do it after getting home from work.

I've verified with the Bestbuy salesperson that this computer should speed up my game, and if it's not then it's Star Wars' fault.

Nice job Star Wars, you fail at making an MMO.

I think this is a sad attempt at a troll post....

Edited by XOrionX

Unless it's a 64 bit game, which it isn't, the game will never use more then 3 gig

Actually closer to 4, but that's neither here nor there. You're also assuming that the OS uses no RAM, which it uses closer to 1.2GB, limiting you to less than 2.8GB for the game if you don't have a 64-bit OS and more than 4GB of RAM. And that's assuming you have absolutely nothing else running - no anti-virus, no messangers or VoIP programs, nothing.

For most gamers, the happy medium in RAM right now is about 6GB. This gives room for the OS files, an instant messanger or two (including VoIP software), anti-virus, and a game.

lol. you were ripped off in a hardcore manner. I, or any one of a dozen people I know could have built you a significantly better computer for $1000 dollars.

You need to do some research OP. ultimate gaming rig? that sir, is a BELOW AVERAGE gaming computer. The price was ultimate though.

Edited by verzin

Just so you know I'm not lying, here are my specs. This was bought from Bestbuy and even setup by a Geeksquad computer expert:

- Dell gaming mouse

- Windows Seven Ultimate

- Intel quadra processor

- BluRay player

So after getting a $1500 gaming computer ($2100 after signing up for the extended warranty and 2 years of Geeksquad protection) the Star Wars game is STILL laggy! Not only that, but it can take up to 40 minutes just to log in if I do it after getting home from work.

I've verified with the Bestbuy salesperson that this computer should speed up my game, and if it's not then it's Star Wars' fault.

Mistake #1: You let a Geek Squad drone touch your "ultimate rig". Those monkeys don't know their *** from a power supply.

Mistake #2: Dell stuff sucks. They OEM their accessories from what are generally considered bottom tier manufacturers.

Mistake #3: *** is a "quadra" processor? Quadra's were some sort of Macintosh computer back in the day...guessing you meant "quad-core". Guess what, the performance value of a quadcore processor is dependent on the speed of the cores and the amount of L2 and L3 cache. A quadcore 1.6Ghz CPU is going to suck next to the new second gen i7 quad-cores at 2.6Ghz.

Mistake #4: Ram power? Do you even know anything about computers? RAM does not equal power. 12GB of RAM is plenty, as long as it's not super-slow DDR crap. With DDR3 memory, even DDR2 is starting to seem slow....

Mistake #5: the capacity of the drive is irrelevant. The rotational speed of the spindle and the amount of cache are the important factors. a 7200RPM SATA drive w/16MB of cache is going to suck compared to a 15KRPM SAS drive with 32MB cache. Since they haven't started making 1TB drives in 15K yet, The best you MIGHT have is a 10K RPM 1TB disk, but I doubt it. Most likely you've got a 7200RPM in there, or even one of those new-fangled crap "intellidisk" green drives at 5900RPM.

Mistake #6: BluRay player, Sound card, both irrelevant as to game performance.

Mistake #7: GT520 is a low end NVidia card, a $50 graphics card. What did you really expect out of a bottom-barrel video card?

So, honestly, nothing you have here says "ultimate gaming pc". Take it all back and bring a proper geek friend with you to buy GOOD components.

Edited by Aahzman

- Dell gaming mouse

- Windows Seven Ultimate

- Intel quadra processor

- BluRay player

You fail at spending money properly. For $2100, you could have had a beastly system. Don't blame BW, EA, Best Buy, or Geeksquad for your lack of computer technology understanding.

You fail at spending money properly. For $2100, you could have had a beastly system. Don't blame BW, EA, Best Buy, or Geeksquad for your lack of computer technology understanding.

I wouldn't say that entirely. I would blame the Geeksquad a bit, seriously as someone who works in IT, when I talk to geeksquad people they seriously have no clue what they are talking about. They throw around buzz words like RAM, Motherboard, MIGHT have an A+ cert (which a monkey could get) and think they are knowledgeable.

You seriously did get ripped off, my system cost about 900 bucks, and it runs every current triple A game flawlessly including ToR. I would take that crap back to best buy, I actually feel sorry for you :(

MSI 890FXA-GD70 AM3+ Motherboard

CORSAIR TX950 950W Power Supply

AMD Phenom II X4 970 Black Edition Quad-Core

G.SKILL Sniper 16GB DDR3 SDRAM

2 x Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB In RAID

2 x XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit DDR5 in X-fire

Plus my BluRay, Monitor, Mouse/Keyboard, Headset, Speakers, Tower and all the other goodies.

6 months ago, I spent about $2,000 on all of the above. You can probably pick it up now for about $1,500 - $1,800.

Long story short. You got ripped off, or you are a troll. :p

AMD Phenom II X4 970 Black Edition Quad-Core

2 x XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit DDR5 in X-fire

Good chance you're bottle necking your graphics cards. You should consider switching over to a Core i series build if you've got the money, you'll probably notice a big incease in performance.

To give you perspective, the x6 1100T is the only AMD processor available that beats my year old 1st gen i7 (the 870) in benchmarks. AMD has absolutely nothing to compete with SandyBridge at the moment, and GPU technology has advanced far enough that even high end AMD's are bottlenecking the GPU.

i can get same rig for 600$.

Thats a **** rig u got there, that makes u laggy is your graphics card, its ****** and with that powersupply u cant even upgrade to better gfx card as u req 500 watt or more.

And DELL are expensive. and why pay for 3 years warrenty? its useless in 1 year it has been down to half the price.

i could build a better rig for ~500... the point is the OP got ripped off big time and should return the damn computer haha, quick question for all the computer savvy people here, is this a decent rig?

Sapphire 6770

FX-4100

GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-S2P AM3+ mobo

1TB HDD

Rosewill microatx mid tower case + 450W PSU

1 stick corsair 4 gb DDR3 1333MHz ram

dvd drive

approx 500$ after rebates

EDIT: major concern is PSU and RAM speed... and gpu upgrade maybe?

Edited by Sithnut

i could build a better rig for ~500... the point is the OP got ripped off big time and should return the damn computer haha, quick question for all the computer savvy people here, is this a decent rig?

Sapphire 6770

FX-4100

GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-S2P AM3+ mobo

1TB HDD

Rosewill microatx mid tower case + 450W PSU

1 stick corsair 4 gb DDR3 1333MHz ram

dvd drive

approx 500$ after rebates

EDIT: major concern is PSU and RAM speed... and gpu upgrade maybe?

Good for the price. You'd notice a nice performance boost with another 4GB of RAM.

You'd notice a HUGE performance boost by upgrading your CPU. Your GPU is probably pushing your CPU to the max, if the CPU can even keep up with it.