Bought an ultimage gaming rig, and game is still laggy!

ZeusThunder

Your wrong about the graphics card, needing at "least" a GTX 550. I've got a 2.4ghz Q9900, 4 Gig Ram and a 295GTX and I'm running @60fps outdoors, 80-120 indoors...

however, I would go back to that store you purchased from, with your receipt, and get a FULL refund!

WONG. GTX 295 is still WAY higher end than a 550. PLUS IT'S A DUAL-CARD. The first digit 2xx/5xx is just the generation. A GTX 550 is more comparible to a GT 250.

250/450/550, 260/460/560, 270/470/570, 295/595

The low range x20-x40 is low end multimedia cards. Like the OP's GT 520..

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so you know I'm not lying, here are my specs. This was bought from Bestbuy and even setup by a Geeksquad computer expert:

- 24" Viewsonic flatscreen monitor

- Dell gaming mouse

- Windows Seven Ultimate

- Intel quadra processor

- Memory with 12 gigabytes of ram power

- One TERABYTE Hard Drive

- BluRay player

- Foxconn power supply with 400 wattage

- Sound Blaster sound card

- GE Force GT 520 video card

So after getting a $1500 gaming computer ($2100 after signing up for the extended warranty and 2 years of Geeksquad protection) the Star Wars game is STILL laggy! Not only that, but it can take up to 40 minutes just to log in if I do it after getting home from work.

I've verified with the Bestbuy salesperson that this computer should speed up my game, and if it's not then it's Star Wars' fault.

Nice job Star Wars, you fail at making an MMO.

First guess, the OP is trolling. But on the off-chance that it was a serious post, here is my serious answer:

Rofl, what a **** machine. You got flat out robbed. My machine blows that out of the water, and I got it for $1,100 with a 3 year hardware warranty. Mind you, I must admit I did laugh that you accented the TERABYTE hard drive.

And tell me, did your geek squad "experts" (of whom each that I've met knows less about computers than my 2y old son) troubleshoot the documented nvidia driver issue in this forum?

You officially have been trolled sir. I built one with 8g ram, and a gtx 570 factory overclocked with an intel 2500k quad core, and it may have run me about 1500 overall

I havent read all 11 pages, but ingame hit Ctrl, Shift, and F. Then what is your FPS? It'll show in the lower lefthand corner

Congrats OP. This is one of the most epic trolls I've ever seen. Perfect use of provocative labels (Ultimate Gaming Rig!) that will bait the noobs. Intentionally leaving out necessary components (no CPU?) was an especially nice touch. Finally, genius use of the always incendiary "Best Buy/Geek Squad told me so because I don't know myself!!!" Well played sir, well played.

Just so you know I'm not lying, here are my specs. This was bought from Bestbuy and even setup by a Geeksquad computer expert:

- Dell gaming mouse

- Windows Seven Ultimate

- Intel quadra processor

- BluRay player

So after getting a $1500 gaming computer ($2100 after signing up for the extended warranty and 2 years of Geeksquad protection) the Star Wars game is STILL laggy! Not only that, but it can take up to 40 minutes just to log in if I do it after getting home from work.

I've verified with the Bestbuy salesperson that this computer should speed up my game, and if it's not then it's Star Wars' fault.

I just read the first few comments (can't bother to read 30 pages of this), but how do people not understand that it is a joke?

Edited by Illwill-

Some people just don't have a clue.

Oh hur hur hur hur hur hur hur, oh Terrence! Go grab Myles and Farquois and we can run around the grounds in the nude playing boys games hur hur hur.

If he's not being serious then it's the most pointless arse post in the world, if he is same thing. I love how theres always communities who think they're above everyone because they assume a joke. You have no idea if he actually is joking or not, but might as well act as if you're above everyone.

- Dell gaming mouse

- Windows Seven Ultimate

- Intel quadra processor

- BluRay player

Dude....you do NOT buy a gaming PC at Best Buy. Trust me, I work there, lol. And you got taken advantage of with all the " extras ".

You have 30 days to return it and now we no longer have a restocking fee. I STRONGLY suggest you get your money back, do some research BEFORE you buy another one, and then buy it from newegg.com. Or if you want a brick a mortar store you can walk into, go to Compusa or a TigerDirect store.

I'll repeat myself if it wasn't clear enough already by everyone that has poked fun at you, you were taken advantage of, that is by no means a gaming rig and is in no way shape or form worth $2k.

Extended warranties are a scam, never buy one. And don't fall for the scam of them " pre-loading " the computer with useless nonsense.

If you have any further questions, feel free to PM me.

Running a custom built computer with 1TB harddrive and a 430 GT graphics card and a bunch of other great parts. I know my gc isn't the best, but I run just fine and play on a 23 inch acer monitor at max video settings. The PC and monitor only cost me about 700.

I agree, never go to best buy, ever. Never ever never. And geeksquad? Just take a **** on your computer cause you're doing a better job then they are.

I work at Best Buy and I could absolutely tell them what is a good gaming rig...I've never heard of a Quadra core processor, lol maybe he means an i5? But yeah damn that's whack. All computers from retailers suck though, gotta build your own.

That's not always true. I've seen some monster rigs from the big vendors...hp has a "business" class elitebook with 16GB, 2GB video, and the new Gen2 i7. My bro has one (we both work for HP), and runs WoW with everything maxed with zero stuttering or issues. I think it'll run SWTOR just fine (once I get him to buy the dang thing). The new Asus G74 with the 12GB ram, 3GB nVidia graphics, full HD 17.3" display and Gen2 i7 2.8Ghz? That thing SCREAMS.

There are some excellent pre-built gaming rigs out there, but you do pay a pretty hefty premium for a vendor logo and the build.

I put a custom bundle together at TigerDirect last night for just under $700.

gigabyte GM880 mobo w/512MB onboard ATI Hybrid Crossfire-Ready Graphics

8GB DDR3 PC10666 memory from Patriot

AMD Phenom II X6 2.8Ghz six core CPU

CoolerMaster CondoChiller CPU cooler (seriously, this thing is frakking huge - there is literally 1millimeter of clearance between the top of the heat sink pipes sticking out of the top of the heat sink and the case sidewall!)

MSI ATI R6770 1GB video card to Crossfire with the onboard graphics

500GB 7200 RPM SATA-II (thought about going to the 600GB 10K, but dang that's a big jump)

Thermaltake basic case w/450W power supply (ain't loading this thing up with a ton of drives, so 450W is plenty)

Was going to go 16GB, but didn't notice that the board only had 2 ram slots, and going from 4x4GB to 2x8GB is about a $200 price jump...

Going to install Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit on it, stripped and tuned for speed and low OS overhead. Will likely add a couple more fans to the case, like an intake fan on the CPU cooler (it has an exhaust fan blowing toward the rear case exhaust), a front intake and a top exhaust, and see what kind of thermals i see...has room for 6 case fans total, but I have no plans to mess around with overclocking, so I doubt i'll need more than 2 or 3.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.