investigator's Robe --- colour.

beepinbeeper

this is going to stay at the top

There are ALOT of miscolored Inquistor Robes that need to be redone. Its just bloody ridiculous. I popped an Elder Exemplars chest piece onto my Inquisitor thinking it'd be this sexy red I saw in preview pane... nope, looked like someone smeared some fece's on a robe and called it 'red'. =.=

I have discovered the nature of this issue. The armor and hood appear to be a more muddled version of the red displayed in the preview. This is because the game does not use the HIGH textures you see in conversations.

Here are screenshots:

IN GAME: http://i.imgur.com/KIe5x.jpg

I was unable to get a screenshot of IN CONVO, but I can assure you that it appears the perfect red in the convo. How this can be fixed, IDK, but the armor looks epic anyway.

Edited by Jemfisto

I have tried to preview it with a female body 2 character and it will not show the torso....so it looks like some kind of halle berry outfit with her navel showing. I can't imagine its like that in game (can anyone confirm the robe is full for that body type/gender?) but wont buy it until I know what it really looks like...

The colour shows red and when its equipt its brownn,,, waht the fork?

Seriously now, this is a new low even for Bioware.

Is it even legal? I mean they are intentionally deluding their customers by showing the false preview of a product they sell for real money. Why intentionally? Because i'm not buying the fact that Bioware are not aware of this issue - it has been there since day one and i'm more then sure they've received tons of reports on this during all this time.

To be honest, i'm struggling not to unsub right now. I already have my own reasons to do so, but this might become a final nail on the coffin. Not a paid item being bugged, but how clearly Bioware shows their attitude this days.

Making an item with a bugged hood (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=556018) and colors for whatever reason, and putting it on cash shop without even warning potential buyers of this problems is... i just dont know.

I have tried to preview it with a female body 2 character and it will not show the torso....so it looks like some kind of halle berry outfit with her navel showing. I can't imagine its like that in game (can anyone confirm the robe is full for that body type/gender?) but wont buy it until I know what it really looks like...

The robe/chestpiece is the same model as a slew of others- including Revan's, whenever it hits the shop. Unfortunately: this model is bare midriff for any female regardless of body type. In-game your female character will get a cut-off navel-showing top. Same thing happens with other gear, like the Aspiring Knight's chestpiece- full coverage for male, exposed tummy for female.

As for the red not being red, this has been around since...I dunno when. Earlier in the year I snagged a nice chestpiece I thought was red (don't recall the name of it now) but outside of cutscenes it was a brownish-burgundy. Yeah, meh. After that I tried to avoid most red gear...

• 2 weeks later...
I have discovered the nature of this issue. The armor and hood appear to be a more muddled version of the red displayed in the preview. This is because the game does not use the HIGH textures you see in conversations.

Here are screenshots:

IN GAME: http://i.imgur.com/KIe5x.jpg

I was unable to get a screenshot of IN CONVO, but I can assure you that it appears the perfect red in the convo. How this can be fixed, IDK, but the armor looks epic anyway.

Wait so does the investigator's set have a hood OVER the helm NOT helm no hood? Cause that would be good....

The colour shows red and when its equipt its brownn,,, waht the fork?

I purchased this from the cartel market, found out it was a really nasty brown, put in a trouble ticket to try and get a refund, and they wouldn't do it... i've been pretty bitter about it since then.

It seems to happen on a lot of the chestpieces that change their look based on gender. The ones that don't show the midriff and sleeves on females. The color appears to change based on the color of your skin as well. I've stood next to another female inquisitor with the same chestpiece as me (Elder Exemplar's Robe I think it is), and hers was a completely different shade than mine. Neither were the correct color that's shown in the preview window and login screen.

Robes in this game always seem to have some sort of issue with them, the color... hood up or hood down... looking like mummy wraps... football shoulder pads attached to them. It would be nice if they got a designer who came up with some simple robes in basic colors, especially a true black, maybe even some real choices for Maras/Sents.

I keep telling myself, one day.... one day.

http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-07/art/swfu-emperor-palpatine.jpg

Edited by Amalak
forgot example

It seems to happen on a lot of the chestpieces that change their look based on gender. The ones that don't show the midriff and sleeves on females. The color appears to change based on the color of your skin as well. I've stood next to another female inquisitor with the same chestpiece as me (Elder Exemplar's Robe I think it is), and hers was a completely different shade than mine. Neither were the correct color that's shown in the preview window and login screen.

Wow... that's just... weird.

I noticed that something strange's up with this issue as well. I saw another player wearing the robes and the color of his chest piece seemed to be the original red color that shows up on conversations and preview panels. I'll try grinding some darkside points so i can go to dark 3-4 and see if the chest piece's color changes with the skin color from darkside corruption :D