Please explain logically how we are not getting *more* than we were promised...

pjskull

In reality threads are being made out of sheer frustrating, i for one thought i'd be in by now and playing. Hopefully the game is good enough for all this to be forgotten in a week.

Excuse-me? People pre-ordered on the basis they'd get in on the 15th. We are on the 13th (check your calendar if you don't believe me)! People should be expecting and hoping to play on the 15th! This is a bonus that EA did not have to do

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to update my previous statement with the following:

I am not pissed that I am not in, I'm waiting, if I remember correctly we were guaranteed "up to" 5 days, we got 7 now, I'm waiting on the 5 day Early Access. If I don't get that then maybe...MAYBE...then I will be angry :)

So, if you would... please explain logically your complaint about how Early Access is progressing...

Your logic is invalid. You don't have to be promised anything to feel entitled to it. That's not how it works any more. If you want something, the world automatically owes it to you. I think they changed the rules specifically for this generation, though, so you probably didn't get the memo.

Because people already in will steal my boring, common name.

Because people already in will level up faster than me and have a bigger e-schwartz than me.

Because my mommy told me I'm better than everyone else even though I got straight D's in school.

Because the world revolves around me.

1. It wasn't communicated until recently. Orignially the Delux Hard Box CE was supposed to get 7 days early access, digital CE was supposed to get 5 days and all others were supposed to get 3 days. It was NEVER mentioned that invites would go out in waves until recently. You can choose to believe that or not, but I've been following this game since day one and participated in beta (not just beta weekends) for an extended period of time and have spent a lot of time on this site.

2. I'm sorry but this is 100% untrue. I'm not trying to troll you here, but it's just blatently false. The bottom line is, they didn't stick to the original plan. Then when they changed it, they never communicated it to those that had preordered. Instead, you get posts like this making false claims.

Fascinating spin on things... Please provide information or a link indicating that the Early Access was divided along the lines of which game version you bought. That is patently false. Perhaps there was speculation prior to the Pre-Order period, but the Pre-Order stipulations since July 21st (when Pre-Ordering became available) have been *exactly* the same except for moving from 5 to 7 days...

Please check the Pre-Order FAQ. Early Access was always stated to go in phases depending on when you entered your Pre-Order code.

I am trying to decide if you are lying on purpose or massively ill-informed...

BioWare *never* promised that differing game versions would have different Early Access privileges...

I'm sorry but you're entirely wrong.

I'm sorry but no I'm not. Have fun believing that though! I'll be playing soon enough anyways.

I think you've mistaken me with someone who is complaining that they aren't in yet.....and that isn't the case. I'm simply making a statement that I happen to know to be true.

Fascinating spin on things... Please provide information or a link indicating that the Early Access was divided along the lines of which game version you bought. That is patently false. Perhaps there was speculation prior to the Pre-Order period, but the Pre-Order stipulations since July 21st (when Pre-Ordering became available) have been *exactly* the same except for moving from 5 to 7 days...

Please check the Pre-Order FAQ. Early Access was always stated to go in phases depending on when you entered your Pre-Order code.

I am trying to decide if you are lying on purpose or massively ill-informed...

BioWare *never* promised that differing game versions would have different Early Access privileges...

Again, like I said, they did. If you choose not to believe me that's perfectly okay. It makes me happy to know that I'm right and you aren't.

From my personal stand point, i think im probably comparing this launch to so many others in recent years. I feel personally that we should have began as one group, not as a staggering. The vibe on this first day has been reasonably sour and dominated by threads of disappointment.

As stated so many times, stress tests should have taken place in beta. Reduce the number of EGA packages and catered to the crowd that was willing to pay extra - not go on advertising as you "may" gain early access. It's marketing at its worst (or best).

In reality threads are being made out of sheer frustrating, i for one thought i'd be in by now and playing. Hopefully the game is good enough for all this to be forgotten in a week.

Does anyone remember the 45 minute queue times Wow had 6 years ago? Does anyone remember The Burning Crusade expansion and servers crashing left and right because everyone flooded Hellfire Peninsula at the exact same time then had to fight 10,000 players who needed to kill the same 10 boars?

Bioware was brilliant with their plan to bring players in waves to allow one group to burn through the starting zones before bringing in the next group.

I'm sorry but no I'm not. Have fun believing that though! I'll be playing soon enough anyways.

I think you've mistaken me with someone who is complaining that they aren't in yet.....and that isn't the case. I'm simply making a statement that I happen to know to be true.

Based on what?

Where's your source showing they changed policies? I've known since at least July that EGA was going to be staggered. Your preorder date is the only thing that governs your early access.

Epic answers ! Earlier I was posted something about marketing reasons and I must admit there were all bulls..t :) We all want to get in from the 1st second, but in life we dont receive all that we want. Deal with it.

For the players that are now in the game...have fun....may the force be with you:)

For those who are outside the game...the show must go on!!:) Bring more drama:D

I'm sure you thought this was very helpfull when you typed it. Unfortunatly posts like this are just more white noise in the sea of whining. You are whining about the whiners, obviously, which sort of puts you in their boat.

I just have to disagree with your post. I don't feel I am whining, because I am really asking for discourse/discussion...

Whining, from a semantic perspective, would be more along the lines of "All you QQ'ers need to shut up! Everything is going like it was supposed to!"

I am saying, this is what was promised and this is what was delivered... And what was delivered is 2 days more, and that's the only change.

Rather than crying about the posts, I am expressing my intellectual curiousity as to what the rage is over... Why are you upset about getting more? I am curious.

Again, like I said, they did. If you choose not to believe me that's perfectly okay. It makes me happy to know that I'm right and you aren't.

Your join date is 12/5/2011. It doesn't matter if you are a troll or just wrong. Either way, you are immaterial.

people fail to realize the the two extra days was for our benefit, now more than likely the later preorders will receive more early access playtime.

people just have no patience.

there's more to life than a game, try experiencing it.

Edited by exoul

From my personal stand point, i think im probably comparing this launch to so many others in recent years. I feel personally that we should have began as one group, not as a staggering. The vibe on this first day has been reasonably sour and dominated by threads of disappointment.

To be honest, this is my first, "first day" MMO. I've played many MMOs, but normally wait for the bugs. Here's the deal, the forums are full of negativity because of the people not in game. No one is posting any game reviews or frustrations with getting kicked out, or even a post complaining about being in a long que. So, it seems, its working.

I love how for weeks we hear reviews that TOR is not innovative. Its WOW with lightsabers. They copied everyone else. But whenever there is an original idea, like a smooth staggered start, the complaints are, "No one else ever did it this way." They also all had first day crashes and or long ques.

I see it as I will be getting two more days than I originaly hoped for. So I think I will be on by the 15- 17th but I might be low balling if Boiware gets more people in like the SWTOR facebook page says they are. So I hope we all get in soon.

When we all Pre-Ordered:

1.) It was stated on the site that we would get up to 5 days... (So, 1 day to 5 days of Early Access...)

2.) It was clearly stated that you would get in, on a phased basis, depending on when you entered your Pre-Order code.

So, now we get *even more* Early Access... 2 days more for the spike of people that ordered right away (note that I am not among these people...)

And, it seems likely that the vast majority of Pre-Orders will get a full 5 days of Early Access, when most thought that late orders would only get a few days...

So, if you would... please explain logically your complaint about how Early Access is progressing...

Bioware could have solved everything by simply stating that they would be able to get every one in with in 2 -3days.

This should be their aim since yes it's pretty sad that it needs to go in slow waves because their log in server won't handle it.

They can't do this on 20 December either.

I doubt it's about the waiting it's more about the company not being able to give an answer about something simple.

Instead of that the costumer gets wacky responses on Twitter.

When you do that the forums are getting trolled with false claims like the servers are almost empty or people who are in and want to play the white knights.

Ontop of it people monitor server activity and see like 10 realms empty so they respond.

You're rubbing your costumers the wrong way.

Just being a bit more straight forward tends to work like a charm.

If I am perfectly honest I rather wait 3 hours in a queue than this.

To be honest, this is my first, "first day" MMO. I've played many MMOs, but normally wait for the bugs. Here's the deal, the forums are full of negativity because of the people not in game. No one is posting any game reviews or frustrations with getting kicked out, or even a post complaining about being in a long que. So, it seems, its working.

I love how for weeks we hear reviews that TOR is not innovative. Its WOW with lightsabers. They copied everyone else. But whenever there is an original idea, like a smooth staggered start, the complaints are, "No one else ever did it this way." They also all had first day crashes and or long ques.

That's a good point. 3 months from now, hell, 3 weeks from now, all this hysteria and hair pulling will be a faded memory.

Bioware could have solved everything by simply stating that they would be able to get every one in with in 2 -3days.

This should be their aim since yes it's pretty sad that it needs to go in slow waves because their log in server won't handle it.

They can't do this on 20 December either.

I doubt it's about the waiting it's more about the company not being able to give an answer about something simple.

Instead of that the costumer gets wacky responses on Twitter.

When you do that the forums are getting trolled with false claims like the servers are almost empty or people who are in and want to play the white knights.

Ontop of it people monitor server activity and see like 10 realms empty so they respond.

You're rubbing your costumers the wrong way.

Just being a bit more straight forward tends to work like a charm.

If I am perfectly honest I rather wait 3 hours in a queue than this.

I actually agree with you. In my mind, one of the genuine mistakes that BW did make is to not optimize their communication.

1.) There should have been a lot of communication on the Website, Devblog and multiple forum threads on how Early Access would work. I saw the FAQ, I was clear, but plastering it everywhere would have muted much of the criticism.

2.) The insto-email process of "Hey, you're in now" is a terrible methodology. BW even admitted as such. There should have been much more clarity and advance notice on when your Early Access slot could be expected.

3.) Twitter is a inefficient method to communicate with your customer base. Maybe this is a personal bias, but I find twitter to be beyond lame.