Cartel coins starting at 450 /$4.99

Iwipe

Ok, cool. I am a sub, so I don't see much point in buying more coins, unless I see something I HAVE to have of course:D.

Indeed. I suggest you and me alike resist any impulse buying and wait a few months and save up our coins. We can watch the markets and see what stuff from the CC store via the "present" boxes gets unloaded on the GTN for cheep. Who knows maybe game expansions will be in the store and we can save up for those. I think it's best to wait as watch the trends and how the store is implemented over time. :)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will almost always be in a situation of having too few cartel coins and forced to buy more or too many and just having extra sitting around since nothing in the shop really is that interesting and most items you are going to be able to get cheap off the auction house anyway a few weeks after F2P launches.

How is having extra coins sitting around a bad thing?

And how would that be "almost always"?

They don't have an expiration date so you can load up your account with as many or as little as you want and use them whenever you feel like it.

So... if you stuck with the game from launch until premium, you get less cartel coins on your account than someone who picked up the game for $15 and spent another $15 for the vanity shop on November 15, 2012.

Feel cheated?

Edited by Caelcorvalo

So... if you stuck with the game from launch until premium, you get less cartel coins on your account than someone who picked up the game for $15 and spent another $15 for the vanity shop on November 14, 2012.

Feel cheated?

Did you not have access to the game from launch until now?

So... if you stuck with the game from launch until premium, you get less cartel coins on your account than someone who picked up the game for $15 and spent another $15 for the vanity shop on November 14, 2012.

Feel cheated?

No, because I got 11 months of playtime that they didn't.

Feel cheated?

Nope.

I got to play the game with no restrictions for the past 11 months on 8 different characters

This part pisses me off a bit:

"Subscribers on the one month plan will receive 500 CC per month. * Players on the 3 month or 6 month plans will receive more per month. (Exact numbers were not given but will be available next week.)"

Monthly subscribers are paying the exact same amount as 3 month and 6 month subscribers. Why do we get the shaft?

I'm...kinda irked, too. Although it may be premature: what's not mentioned in that statement is how time card users will fall, who are neither 'one month' nor '3 month' because it's a 60 day/2 month subscription.

Awesome, though, that they're going to be selling Cartel Coin cards in stores. That allays one concern I had as a time card subscrber. :D

Also, OT, I'm surprised no one's picked up on the last statement in the thread yet:

"Character transfers to the PTS are something they are currently working on and will be available in the near future."

Edited by AlixMV

Indeed. I suggest you and me alike resist any impulse buying and wait a few months and save up our coins. We can watch the markets and see what stuff from the CC store via the "present" boxes gets unloaded on the GTN for cheep. Who knows maybe game expansions will be in the store and we can save up for those. I think it's best to wait as watch the trends and how the store is implemented over time. :)

+1 to that, considering i was thinking about purchasing more coins right away hehe

+1 to that, considering i was thinking about purchasing more coins right away hehe

The guy you quoted is a hater, so it's not surprising he'd be advocating not buying CC.

I'm going to be buying the Crime Lord packs early just so I can sell things I don't want before the market becomes saturated with them.

Did you not have access to the game from launch until now?

Indeed, and I paid well for it. Paid for content that never appeared, paid for a PVP system that became progressively unbalanced, paid for end-game gear that was poorly designed when it wasn't reprinted with a different set of colors.

In short, I supported this game during it's transition so that a new player could enjoy all the content I have at a fraction of the price. Some players, yourself included, claim that the "opportunity to play the game" is the point of a monthly subscription. I argue that what I paid for was the experience of a well-written story, the interaction of guild mates, the satisfaction of completing difficult content and watching a character grow from start to finish. These are things I could get from many other games, enjoying them from SWTOR is simply one choice among them. Whether I play a game on launch day or a year later, it's all the same to me. An excellent game might get bumped up the list, but never do I feel a game "deserves" my money. A game must be worthy of MY time, not the other way around. Consequently, when I support a game month after month I expect that my trust will be rewarded with something only that game can provide. I demand new content, new gameplay, new experiences and challenges to validate that continued trust. Revisiting a memory isn't enough, I don't have to pay to do that.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good game and there's enough left to enjoy within it that I'll maintain my sub. For now. But I would have liked to see more generosity on behalf of the developer toward it's loyal subscribers who made all of this possible. Something substantial, something exclusive, something that says we're recognized for our contribution and will continue to be valued moving forward. Instead, I'm left with the feeling that EA sees subscribers as livestock to be squeezed rather than partners in a unique and enthralling gaming experience.

I just want to go off topic for a moment to say that I really appreciate all that you do to consolidate accurate information and keep us all informed. :)

And not just for this MMO either! I really don't know how you do it. You must have cloning technology or something! :D

You deserve LEGEND status everywhere you go IMO. ;)

^^ True story :)

Thanks Dulfy, superb work as always!

Driz

"Subscribers on the one month plan will receive 500 CC per month. * Players on the 3 month or 6 month plans will receive more per month. (Exact numbers were not given but will be available next week.)"

Monthly subscribers are paying the exact same amount as 3 month and 6 month subscribers. Why do we get the shaft?

Why don't you just change your sub to a 6-month one and get more coins? Stop waaahing already, that one is a no-brainer. Of course if you're one of those "one more thing and I'm gonna quit" players, keep your 1 month sub and miss out on the loyalty incentive.

Not true. 3 month and 6 month pay less per month than monthly subscribers. Bioware just values the security of 3 month and 6 month subs being payed for.

Not true. 3 month and 6 month pay less per month than monthly subscribers. Bioware just values the security of 3 month and 6 month subs being payed for.

Do you get them for existing multi-month subs once F2P hits (whenever that may eventually be)?

Do you get them for existing multi-month subs once F2P hits (whenever that may eventually be)?

They were talking about increasing per month for consecutive subscriptions, the 3 month 6 months will just get the increase in the first month rather than steadily over the course of the months.

I hope they adjust the prices for items when f2p goes live. Lets look at value for money, you can purchase an adaptive set of gear for one character, that is essentially a recolored variation of gear that is already in the game for what would end up costing you 15 dollars if your CC balance is zero provided the prices on the pts remain the same.

The plus side its adaptive so you can wear and gain the appearance of a class with a different armor rating, the downside that this is for ONE character. If you look at games like CoH, or Champions Online their customization packages not only included (in many cases) a selection of appearances, but these looks are availiable for ALL of your characters. To justify the cost the gear really needs to be bind to legacy, and perhaps a selection of gear that goes with a theme, else you're not getting much bang for your buck.

Not totally shocked at how this played out. I don't have much of an issue with the dollars to cartel coins conversion but I do feel that if prices stay the same as they were on PTS that some things are priced too high. Maybe I am wrong but are people really willing to put down $10 or more for vanity armor or weapons. Or close to 8 or 9 dollars just for a single saber crystal.

just to give an example, when Diablo 3 launched it's real money auction house. I saw people paying 100.00 and up for NOT EVEN Best in SLOT gear. this is just gear you need to get to the next ACT. just to have a chance at getting gear for the next act. Talk about pay 2 win. the max you could put and item on the AH for was 250.00 us. and tons of stuff sold at that price.