The worst PVP Advanced Class, let's vote.

dejavy

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worst is Lethality DPS Operative. But since noone play with this skill tree anymore, noone even say they're bad. Noone cares. It is actually 1st dead class.

I played Lethality Op as my main char from game start. My patience ran out like 2months ago. Now i have Juggernaut tank and even though having only Battlemater gear, i'm more useful to team than full moded BiS Warhero Lethality Op.

Mercs are bad in PvP too, but due th fact that they do good in PVE, ppl try to bring cry out to change things. Since Lethality Ops is not good in PVE either, it is just a dead horse.

The class I see the least of anywhere are scrappers and concealments. I still enjoy playing my dps scoundrel every now and then though. I do see a lot more mercs and commandos than scrappers. Almost every normal warzone has a merc or commando in it, while less than 10% have a scrapper.

DPS Commando/merc.

Telling the truth i've never seen BW responding on class forums before :))) Means they'll give us paladin bubble instead of reactive shield soon!

You'll get something that might have brought you up to par with other ACs, if it weren't for the corresponding nerf to some critical ability. I'm thinking melee range interrupt and a patch note telling you how it's actually an improvement.

DPS Speced Commando/Mercenary by far, undeniably and absurdly the worst. Mando/Merc healers outside of their bubble without a guard are close behind. :(

we are the worst of the three heal specs, but since 1.4, I can kite just about anyone and still heal myself (thanks to kolto slow + instant heals + cleanse, I can buy enough time between reactive shields w/o having to stop and cast a bunch). that said, i'm neutralized as a healer if I have to spend 1.5 minutes kiting/killing a lone mara. on the other hand, all a healer really needs is to be able to kite/survive long enough for a successful peel.

resource management is absurd though. I spend a lot of time hammer shotting or grean beaming - as much to rebuild ammo as to get supercharger. my green beam tick is like a 3rd the healing that scoundrels and sages are doing at the same time. so that's where I think commandos lose a lot of efficiency for raid healing.

Edited by foxmob

The class I see the least of anywhere are scrappers and concealments. I still enjoy playing my dps scoundrel every now and then though. I do see a lot more mercs and commandos than scrappers. Almost every normal warzone has a merc or commando in it, while less than 10% have a scrapper.

I've seen this a couple of times, and it makes me wonder.

I play scrapper (if I'm not on an alt), so a) I'm biased; and b) there's a scrapper in each WZ I'm in by default, so my perception may be skewed. But I definitely don't feel they're that rare.

Maybe it's a server difference? Maybe they're there, but just stealthing around so you don't see them as an Imp (if you *are* an Imp)?

Hands down Marauders and Sentinels. We get focused fired so hard whenever someone sees us. It's like we're public enemy number one. I hate it. Really is the worst class with worst reputations, just so many bads playing them. Horrible ranged capabilities. Issues with getting kited. I mean, I can go on and on, but I won't.

Marauders and Sentinels need a buff.

Operatives and Smugglers need a nerf.

I've seen this a couple of times, and it makes me wonder.

I play scrapper (if I'm not on an alt), so a) I'm biased; and b) there's a scrapper in each WZ I'm in by default, so my perception may be skewed. But I definitely don't feel they're that rare.

Maybe it's a server difference? Maybe they're there, but just stealthing around so you don't see them as an Imp (if you *are* an Imp)?

Well playing a sniper and sorcerer as my Imps, I'm sure if there were scrappers on the enemy team they would say hello to me, lol. Also every operative on my own team always turns out to be a healer. But I have several Republic characters as well, and when I play my scrapper, I'm the only one most of the time. Most warzones I play on the Republic side have at least one scoundrel, but 90% (this is excluding my own scoundrel) of the time it's a healer. I do occasionally see them, but they are a lot less common than mercs and commandos. Of course, I'm not on the same server as you, so yeah it's probably that they are just uncommon on particular servers.

Merc.... hands down.

At least an operative or sorc has utility.

It's pretty much agreed that DPS sorcs and operatives are not as viable as most other DPS classes. On top of that... the question is about "advanced classes" which leaves the merc even further in the dust because I would much rather have a sorc and operative healer vs a merc healer.

I don't really think we needed a poll for this... did we?

I thought this was common knowledge.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

Merc.... hands down.

At least an operative or sorc has utility.

It's pretty much agreed that DPS sorcs and operatives are not as viable as most other DPS classes. On top of that... the question is about "advanced classes" which leaves the merc even further in the dust because I would much rather have a sorc and operative healer vs a merc healer.

I don't really think we needed a poll for this... did we?

I thought this was common knowledge.

I still see some pretty good merc/mando healers though.... I wouldn't put that tree on the **** list...

I still see some pretty good merc/mando healers though.... I wouldn't put that tree on the **** list...

The thing with all mercs is they can do ok, but could be better as something else. Including heals as a sage or operative. So I will just say Merc in general.

DPS wise; I have leveled Merc, Marauder, Sniper and an Assassin all up to level 50. Of those, only the marauder seemed to have as little utility outside of the leaps, but had superior damage by far. The assassin had at least as much damage over time with survival and a ton of utility. The sniper, also has the range, but has superior burst and superior utility both. Now I could do ok with my merc and be creative, but there are a hell of a lot more tools in the other classes. I actually have a lot more to use on my scrapper at level 30 now than my 50 merc. I guess that's why I found merc boring though. Just stacking procs.

The thing with all mercs is they can do ok, but could be better as something else. Including heals as a sage or operative. So I will just say Merc in general.

DPS wise; I have leveled Merc, Marauder, Sniper and an Assassin all up to level 50. Of those, only the marauder seemed to have as little utility outside of the leaps, but had superior damage by far. The assassin had at least as much damage over time with survival and a ton of utility. The sniper, also has the range, but has superior burst and superior utility both. Now I could do ok with my merc and be creative, but there are a hell of a lot more tools in the other classes. I actually have a lot more to use on my scrapper at level 30 now than my 50 merc. I guess that's why I found merc boring though. Just stacking procs.

Does it even make sense for a merc to have a healing tree? I don't think so. I mean, who is that patterned after? I don't know many Mercenaries that specializes in triage... They should have had a stealthie type tree IMO( I know that would screw everything up though)...

Does it even make sense for a merc to have a healing tree? I don't think so. I mean, who is that patterned after? I don't know many Mercenaries that specializes in triage... They should have had a stealthie type tree IMO( I know that would screw everything up though)...

LOL Yeah; I played as a bodyguard for a while, but I PUG a lot and that frustrates me as a healer. It never felt right anyway.

Anyway; I am not sure what scoundrel takes a liking to medicine either. Maybe it is a spice sort of thing.

Mercs have to first aid themselves all the time. Commandos are soldiers, and there's always combat medics.

Sents have tons of utility. Their aoe buffs like trans are pretty much necessary on any good team. They also have instant aoe mez too, and make the 2nd best solo defenders after shadows.

Sents have tons of utility. Their aoe buffs like trans are pretty much necessary on any good team. They also have instant aoe mez too, and make the 2nd best solo defenders after shadows.

Ah. Forgot about that. Wasn't thinking of the group benefits.

So one more reason Merc pales in comparrison.

Mercs have to first aid themselves all the time. Commandos are soldiers, and there's always combat medics.

I agree with the Mandos, but Mercs... IDK... Think about Predator with Arnie or Jesse the Body serving up the Kolto... Just don't work in my head.

I feel the same way about scoundrel heals, I mean Han has mechanical aptitiude, not medicinal.

BH:

Heavy armor DPS/Tank(PT)

Light Armor: Stealthie DPS/Uber utility(MERCS)

IA:

Medium Armor DPS/HEALS (OPS)

Light Armor Range DPS(SNI)

TROOP:

Heavy Armor DPS/TANK(VAN)

Medium Armor Heals/DPS(MANDO)

SMUGG

Light Armor: Stealthie DPS/Uber utility(SCON)

Light Armor Range DPS(SLING)

It really should have been "cross mirrors", but I know it would add confusion and screw everything up....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.