respect other pvpers

chrisham

just had few WZ and noticed a rep person sayin in chat you suck or you *******? now maybe that other teamdidnt win. maybe ya had a guild run where hteir was 4 of u. but most pugs dont have that so dont communicate through ts or stuff.

so all i ask is you respect everyone in WZ 99% try their best dopnt mean they suck or retarded mean they were unlucky. but they tried. good wau putting people down making them not play the game because ya dont play to be offended and name called.

anyone else feel the same then say here.

p.s its a game itsa fun WZ are fun try be nice to others

I just cant control my rage and be "nice" to that marauder on my team that's guarding snow especially after I watched him (while spamming chat with "SNOW IS BEING NINJAED" about 5 times) lose snow to a shadow thats capping it 2m behind him. He didnt even turn around until the shadow finished capping it then he "calmly turned around and started to attack the shadow".

Afterwards he said "he was hacking because I didnt see anyone capping the whole time" even after I saw the shadow capping from 120m away...

Edited by warultima

just had few WZ and noticed a rep person sayin in chat you suck or you *******? now maybe that other teamdidnt win. maybe ya had a guild run where hteir was 4 of u. but most pugs dont have that so dont communicate through ts or stuff.

so all i ask is you respect everyone in WZ 99% try their best dopnt mean they suck or retarded mean they were unlucky. but they tried. good wau putting people down making them not play the game because ya dont play to be offended and name called.

I agree with you completely. I've always been saying it. It's merely a game.It's supposed to be a way to have fun, and nothing more.. Unfortunately, the internet grants anonymity, and so MMO's are filled with keyboard warriors who trash others because there are no consequences when they're behind that computer screen, and it makes them feel good about themselves.

Quit complaining, if you expect players to respect other players in online gaming then you're thinking unrealistically.

I don't think respect is the right word, there are very few people I know through online gaming that I respect and the ones I do respect it is more down to what I know about them in their real life that I respect not how they conduct themselves online.

However it's not too much to ask for a little common courtesy, as one guy has already said there are many keyboard warriors around, the sort of people who rage endlessly and get really nasty in game chat for little to no reason when if they were face to face they wouldn't even look you in the eye let alone open up with the abuse they throw out through their PC .

What helps me laugh them off is the thought that most of them will be morbidly obese 40 year old virgins sitting in their bedsit amongst a cloud of BO and piles of empty pizza boxes and red bull cans.

If ppl try their best, and do not repeat the same braindead mistake time after time, sure.

However if ppl fail to correct simple mistakes, repeat them. And perform like brain damaged cat, then I'll be the first one to point it out for them. This game like most mmo's are not rocket science, and are pretty damm straight forward.

Ya... respect is something earned.

Courtesy though, is probably the word you're looking for (as some one else mentioned.) Generally people should be polite to each other, till proven otherwise.

Today I (on my 1/2 Bm-Recruit sniper) encountered a sorc on the other team guarding their turret. We had west, and mid was a stale mate. This sorc was sacc'ing themselves and healing up. The first attempt to take it while the rest of my team tried for mid, I killed the sorc in about 20 seconds, and almost took the node when one of theirs respawned to the side and stopped me.

Second attempt, we just gained mid and again, someone randomly spawned on me.

Third attempt after we lost mid, I killed the sorc and capped, and we won 30 to 0.

3 times that sorc was assault, and they never called. If they had, I would never have killed them -before- help arrived.

I agree with you OP. I also agree with the other posters who say what you are asking for is unrealistic.

Not to get all "I had to walk to school uphill..both ways", I'm only in my 30's. But this is 2012. The internet has been around and readily available for about 20 years at this point. What that means, is there is an entire generation of people who have had a lot, if not MOST of their social interaction, in an environment where they are protected by anonymity, and have never had any real consequences for behaving badly. People like to claim they are secure adults, but the fact remains that people will do whatever they want, whenever they want, as long as there is no way they can get in trouble for it. Some people have been behaving so badly for so long, they actually think they are justified in that behavior.

"Coaches yell at players all the time!" - You're not a coach. You are another player. You're not even the team captain. At best you are the 'OPS leader' which is a distinction made arbitrarily by relative valor level.

"Well if people wouldn't do dumb @%, I wouldn't have to call them out for it!" - As though it is somehow the entire world's responsibility to remove any temptation for you to behave like a d-bag, rather than your responsiblity to exhibit a modicum of self control, and just not be a d-bag.

You play a pick up game of basketball at the local park, and start insulting everyone, you're gonna catch a beat down. Even if you are good at basketball...

You play a pick up game of Novare Coast in SWTOR, and start insulting everyone, nothing happens. Maybe a few people /ignore you.

The problem with appealing to people's better nature, or sense of maturity, is that if they had either of those things, you wouldn't have to make the appeal to begin with.

Just let it go man. Know that when you hit the power switch on your PC, you get to go to sleep that night secure in the knowlege that you are not a d-bag. And that when they hit the power switch on their's, they are stuck being a d-bag 24/7, and someone, somewhere, will eventually make them pay for it.

Edit: I didn't mean to imply that the only d-bags online are young people. I'm sure there are plenty of 50yos who spent their enitre childhood respectfully silent, for fear of catching a beat down, who were overjoyed once they could say whatever they wanted to strangers online.

Edited by criminalheretic

I agree with you OP. I also agree with the other posters who say what you are asking for is unrealistic.

Not to get all "I had to walk to school uphill..both ways", I'm only in my 30's. But this is 2012. The internet has been around and readily available for about 20 years at this point. What that means, is there is an entire generation of people who have had a lot, if not MOST of their social interaction, in an environment where they are protected by anonymity, and have never had any real consequences for behaving badly. People like to claim they are secure adults, but the fact remains that people will do whatever they want, whenever they want, as long as there is no way they can get in trouble for it. Some people have been behaving so badly for so long, they actually think they are justified in that behavior.

"Coaches yell at players all the time!" - You're not a coach. You are another player. You're not even the team captain. At best you are the 'OPS leader' which is a distinction made arbitrarily by relative valor level.

"Well if people wouldn't do dumb @%, I wouldn't have to call them out for it!" - As though it is somehow the entire world's responsibility to remove any temptation for you to behave like a d-bag, rather than your responsiblity to exhibit a modicum of self control, and just not be a d-bag.

You play a pick up game of basketball at the local park, and start insulting everyone, you're gonna catch a beat down. Even if you are good at basketball...

You play a pick up game of Novare Coast in SWTOR, and start insulting everyone, nothing happens. Maybe a few people /ignore you.

The problem with appealing to people's better nature, or sense of maturity, is that if they had either of those things, you wouldn't have to make the appeal to begin with.

Just let it go man. Know that when you hit the power switch on your PC, you get to go to sleep that night secure in the knowlege that you are not a d-bag. And that when they hit the power switch on their's, they are stuck being a d-bag 24/7, and someone, somewhere, will eventually make them pay for it.

Couldn't agree more.

If ppl try their best, and do not repeat the same braindead mistake time after time, sure.

However if ppl fail to correct simple mistakes, repeat them. And perform like brain damaged cat, then I'll be the first one to point it out for them. This game like most mmo's are not rocket science, and are pretty damm straight forward.

See I'm the same way regarding the underlined portion of your post, but the problem I notice is that when someone (like me) enters a WZ on a fresh 50 alt in Recruit gear MK-1, MK-2 (either one) the first thing I notice is that someone will quit the WZ and then everyone blames me. It's gotten so bad that I've started sending a full set of BattleMaster gear to my alts before I'll pvp on them:o

Let's say I go to my local park and play some pick up basketball. I show up wearing a pair of docs, tight-as-hell jeans, and, for some ******* reason, gloves. People say "Hey, this is basketball, shouldn't you be wearing basketball gear?" to which I respond "Hell no, I can wear whatever I want. I look cool in this gear."

People probably aren't going to pick me for their team, but since it's the park I call next game and pick other people to play with me. Some might out right decline but others will play because it's just for fun. Then the game begins.

Instead of guarding my guy I just follow the ball around the court. If anyone passes me the ball I instantly shoot, it doesn't matter how open my teammates are. All in all, I don't play for any of the basketball objectives, I just do whatever I want.

This is how I view WZs where people refuse to call incs or play with (******) PVE gear. I don't think you need to scream at them but when you say 5 times to call incs or fight on nodes and they straight up ignore you they need to be called out. Just because you queue solo doesn't mean it's a solo game, it's an objective-based team game.

pvpers are considerably more aggressive than pve peeps. it's pretty clear with all the snide "l2p" type comments on the board. that's pretty true across MMOs and video games in general...in my experience. you can shame some ppl into at least biting their tongues, but most...not so much. w/e

pvpers are considerably more aggressive than pve peeps. it's pretty clear with all the snide "l2p" type comments on the board. that's pretty true across MMOs and video games in general...in my experience. you can shame some ppl into at least biting their tongues, but most...not so much. w/e

Nah, I think you'll find their pretty even in their aggressiveness... or you've never seen your raid leader chew out a PuG for their **** dps, pulling mobs, or ignorance of mechanics.

I just think PvP players are in confrontation alot more. You get 2-3 raids a week, but 4-20 games a day.