Ranked PvP

MelliMelon

One of the reasons I and many others never took ranked seriously in BCs recent days was because teams use these exploits. /stuck and if you haven't noticed yet wall capping in novare. Better hope your aoes don't glitch and miss the target who's in there, because single target gives errors 99% of the time. Some teams just can't win on fair ground, so why bother at all? It says a lot about a team that already is on crutches, yet has to exploit to take it even further. They know who they are so I don't have to call names here. 2.0 will be amusing for ranked that's for sure though. Edited by PoliteAssasin

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neo, I'd ask that on the weeks you don't bring a team for ranked you don't post in the ranked thread. No offense, but your point of view on ranked matches is necessarily out of date since you queue for them so rarely.

Ah yes, because so much has changed since it first came out. I wasn't aware that Bioware has implemented new features for pvp, or ranked to be specific since it is so much different. Back in my day we didn't use /stuck and wall caps to win. We, you know, had a decent team and it was all dependent on this ancient thing called skills, not exploiting. But thank you for your valuable and enlightening post ushanev. :) Like you told me a long time ago, I should listen to you so I can improve myself, and by golly I'm gonna do it! I really look up to you, I just hope that one day I can learn to rely on exploits, bubblestuns, and pocket healers the way you do and really make something outta my characters! Rock the ranked warzones you! ;)

Ah yes, because so much has changed since it first came out. I wasn't aware that Bioware has implemented new features for pvp, or ranked to be specific since it is so much different. Back in my day we didn't use /stuck and wall caps to win. We, you know, had a decent team and it was all dependent on this ancient thing called skills, not exploiting. But thank you for your valuable and enlightening post ushanev. Like you told me a long time ago, I should listen to you so I can improve myself, and by golly I'm gonna do it! I really look up to you, I just hope that one day I can learn to rely on exploits, bubblestuns, and pocket healers the way you do and really make something outta my characters! Rock the ranked warzones you!

Neo: I understand your frustration with lack of recent success in rated wzs, but there's no reason to lash out at me with accusations and sarcasm. As I've said before, you are a skilled player and I enjoy facing off against you. I hope to see you on Monday or on Friday if you'd rather queue for the more casual ranked night.

As I was telling N'abi, the best way to deal with frustrations in ranked is communication. When we started doing this, teams were using bubblestun, then Approxy and I decided bubblestun is lame, so we made a deal not to use it. When Infamous began queuing, we brought them in on the "pact" as well.

I am almost completely sure that if a new team wanted to make a no corner capping deal with GD, that they would do it. I'm not completely sure how I feel about this issue, so I haven't pursued it, but it is definitely less annoying than /stuck and bubblestuns. My current position in ranked is that it's a game: you agree on the rules, then do anything you can to win.

Also, I updated the main thread post.

Edited by MelliMelon

Melli, sorry if I derailed this thread a bit. I agree that bubble stunners are a lame build and I personally refuse to use them eventhough my main is a sorc. I have a similar opinion on smashbombers but that will probably infuriate too many people who run 2-3 sents/maras per match.

As stated the only thing that irked me and people in the Solatium guild was that members on the other side perceived the need to use exploits to win when it was obvious that they were going to beat us anyway.

I will talk to my guildies if they want to continue running on the ranked night. As said I like competing in these games as it shows us where we are lacking as a team and the various tactics you can use in highly organized guilds.

As far as the exploiting is concerned this is my last word on it.

Melli, sorry if I derailed this thread a bit. I agree that bubble stunners are a lame build and I personally refuse to use them eventhough my main is a sorc. I have a similar opinion on smashbombers but that will probably infuriate too many people who run 2-3 sents/maras per match.

As stated the only thing that irked me and people in the Solatium guild was that members on the other side perceived the need to use exploits to win when it was obvious that they were going to beat us anyway.

I will talk to my guildies if they want to continue running on the ranked night. As said I like competing in these games as it shows us where we are lacking as a team and the various tactics you can use in highly organized guilds.

As far as the exploiting is concerned this is my last word on it.

I can assure you that we weren't using the /stuck exploit. Half of our team thought it was removed from the game, and the other half was trying on new outfits at the eastern turret. And Feken was placing a holo tree somewhere so....the reason we usually move fast to a turret that's being attacked is because of transcendence (as I'm sure you already know). Perhaps it was just bad timing for people on our team to die and it looked like we were exploiting as the speeders rode down from the sky. /shrug. Hopefully we can get more teams Qing so you guys don't only have to face Infamous! :o

I can assure you that we weren't using the /stuck exploit. Half of our team thought it was removed from the game, and the other half was trying on new outfits at the eastern turret. And Feken was placing a holo tree somewhere so....the reason we usually move fast to a turret that's being attacked is because of transcendence (as I'm sure you already know). Perhaps it was just bad timing for people on our team to die and it looked like we were exploiting as the speeders rode down from the sky. /shrug. Hopefully we can get more teams Qing so you guys don't only have to face Infamous! :o

No one was using /stuck or bubblestuns. We didn't have a novare coast to check for corner cappers however I can assure you neither of the prior 2 were used or will be used in any future ranked night.

Neo: I understand your frustration with lack of recent success in rated wzs, but there's no reason to lash out at me with accusations and sarcasm. As I've said before, you are a skilled player and I enjoy facing off against you. I hope to see you on Monday or on Friday if you'd rather queue for the more casual ranked night.

The only recent ranked groups I've participated in have been pugs, and we have actually done well until your team felt the need to exploit. For example the last novare coast where we were dominating south then all of a sudden your repeat offender starts capping in the wall, while we could do nothing but watch. Frustrated? Not so much, more like amused that the only way you can win is if you cheat. If that makes you feel good about yourself, more power to you. In its current form ranked is simply a joke. But come 2.0 all I have to say to you is good luck, because your team will be affected the most by the changes. Then we will see who's really frustrated. ;) Until then.

No one on your team knows how to stop a corner cap?

Its not a simple corner cap, its clipping in the wall by a certain bodytype that gives a targeting error and is even uninterruptible by aoes the majority of the time, which needless to say occurred during the match referred to above.

Its not a simple corner cap, its clipping in the wall by a certain bodytype that gives a targeting error and is even uninterruptible by aoes the majority of the time.

It's completely interruptible by AOEs or by tab targeting (or by clicks according to some reports -- I never click target so I dunno). I don't think I've ever had a problem like you describe interrupting a corner cap on any of my toons. I haven't heard of other people having that issue either.

The only recent ranked groups I've participated in have been pugs, and we have actually done well until your team felt the need to exploit. For example the last novare coast where we were dominating south then all of a sudden your repeat offender starts capping in the wall, while we could do nothing but watch. Frustrated? Not so much, more like amused that the only way you can win is if you cheat. If that makes you feel good about yourself, more power to you. In its current form ranked is simply a joke. But come 2.0 all I have to say to you is good luck, because your team will be affected the most by the changes. Then we will see who's really frustrated. ;) Until then.

You're saying you will be bringing a team to Monday games once 2.0 drops?

Unless there's something I don't know about, don't you mean the murderous terrain in Ancient Hypergates?

It must be hypergates then. Because i was pulled next to the center core in hypergates then got force pushed into for an instant death.

It seemed a dilerbate attempt to exploit the rough terrain of hypergates. It was also during a ranked match which made it very sad.

It must be hypergates then. Because i was pulled next to the center core in hypergates then got force pushed into for an instant death.

It seemed a dilerbate attempt to exploit the rough terrain of hypergates. It was also during a ranked match which made it very sad.

I rage when this glitch happens

Will there be Ranked running Sunday? Notorious would be interested in putting a group together.

Let me know what time you guys can queue. Ascension has guild events starting at 5PM PST, but we may be able to get a half A half B team together for the afternoon.

Thanks for the reply Melyn, Unfortunately when word got out about the 2XP week end, people suddenly were mysteriously online but "busy". Me and Phat Cash will keep working on getting a regular group together. one of these times you all will pop for a ranked and well be on the other side. (I'm looking forward to it)