JEDI ROBES [Classic Look]

Lovethebeard

Of course we want these kinds of robes, at least something similar. But for some reason we have to walk around in hooded cloaks all the time. The sad part is that you get a set of armor like this during the start of the Jedi Knight quests. You can also buy one when you reach legacy lvl 10, but they had to ruin it by placing ugly shoulder pads on it.

Of course we want these kinds of robes, at least something similar. But for some reason we have to walk around in hooded cloaks all the time. The sad part is that you get a set of armor like this during the start of the Jedi Knight quests. You can also buy one when you reach legacy lvl 10, but they had to ruin it by placing ugly shoulder pads on it.

Agreed, the ruined it. Also it would be nice to see some jedi robes were the belt is on the inside of the robe, not on the outside. If you get me.

http://tor-fashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/jedibattlelordfrontcloseup.jpg

^^ As you can see the belt constricts the robe around the player, i always thought that was a bit weird.

My guess is they do that so they only have to do fabric physics on the lower portion of the robe and the top stays stagnant to avoid clipping and other animation issues with weapons and arms.

My guess is they do that so they only have to do fabric physics on the lower portion of the robe and the top stays stagnant to avoid clipping and other animation issues with weapons and arms.

yeah thats true. speaking of clipping, they need to fix the robes coming through some of the speeders.

yeah thats true. speaking of clipping, they need to fix the robes coming through some of the speeders.

There are some chestpieces which have "hanging" bits below the belt and they don't really clip :/ look at the inquisitor thing from the cash shop. I don't think clipping is an issue in this case. And the speeders need to get fixed :/

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I have always wanted traditional Jedi Robes and Cloaks. This is the only thing that has turned me off from the game is the look of the Jedi clothing. Armor plated shoulder pad wearing belt on the outside gauntlet Jedi, just seems off. I can see having it as a look for those that want it, but there a some of us that want to look like a jedi.

Personally, I like hooded robes. For those who don't, they should have the option to put the hood down without having to add some sort of ugly headgear. Though I still want to see more simple, sleek, looking Jedi/Sith robes in the game. I'll cross my fingers for some of those to come out in the future. Edited by Radzkie

I know, I am driving Korrealis commander in Dread Guard Vindicator chestpiece. I was referrin to the other guy who said about the "kimono" robes not being here because of possible clipping issues. I am just pointing out that there inquisitor chestpieces that are static over the waist but they still have hanging pieces of clothing below and there are no clipping issues.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Everyone complains about the "belts on the outside" thing but it's really necessary from a technical perspective. A flowing outer robe unconstricted by a belt would be a nightmare to animate manually. And I don't think the engine could handle advanced fabric physics.

I play a consular.

It has never ceased to amaze me that with all the gear in this game - and there is a lot, credit where its due - there are no traditional Jedi outfits, or even things that look like them.

From the horrible armours, to the massive shoulder pads, to the skin-tight trousers, the hooded robes, the skirts, there's just not a set of armour that lets you create the look from the films. The films this game is based on.

The films everyone watched and thought - a game made in this universe would be cool.

Ok, we have robes - but why do they have cut-off sleeves? Why does my robe have a pin-stripe pattern?

I can only assume that much of the gear was dreamed up by a focus group that examined every other MMO out there and cobbled together what they thought people wanted, voted on it, then threw the plans up in the air and selected bits at random.

They certainly didn't get their ideas from the films, or the lore.

Just look at the Blackhole gear for consulars, or the PvP gear for cons, now that I think of it.

Does it look like anything, anywhere in the entire Expanded Universe?

Everyone complains about the "belts on the outside" thing but it's really necessary from a technical perspective. A flowing outer robe unconstricted by a belt would be a nightmare to animate manually. And I don't think the engine could handle advanced fabric physics.

There already are robes with belts on the inside... And engine handles it :confused:

http://tor-fashion.com/2012/05/06/consular/

http://tor-fashion.com/2012/06/12/revered-champion-adept/

http://tor-fashion.com/2012/06/12/of-the-force-savant/

http://tor-fashion.com/2012/05/21/esseles-consular/

And the level 20 pvp one.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Does anyone else really want to see a Jedi armor set like this in game?

http://www.shadowdalecreations.com/starwars_jedi_tunic_1.jpg

A classic look that could look good as well.

Im surprised it was not added :rak_02:

hell yeah, the first thing i was so disappointed of are the Jedi robes, i mean really they screwed the Jedi order with the silly robes they have right now. is it really hard for them to give us classic looking armor for both Jedi and Sith?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.