Disney to aquire Lucasfilm!

Etapi

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one can only hope that they will be smart about it, considering the backfire lucas got after episode 1 and all the 'contradictions' towards the old movies that had to somehow be explained in episode 2-3 - without creating more contraditions.

I remember a while back on this forum (could have been back in beta, I only remember it was several moons ago) there was a topic about the supposedly contradicting infos this game gives in regards to the established lore.

There was a HUGE argument not too long ago with regards to them removing the light/dark restrictions from color crystals.

People having a nervous breakdown over what Disney will do to the IP must have been in a coma from 2001 - present if they think Disney will be any worse than GL.

EXACTLY! Ewoks, Jar-Jar, Anakin build C3-PO, Gungans, Ahsoka...

Obviously Bioware can't change the way this game ends or it will ruin how the movies (as bad as the prequels are) start.

They can most certainly change how this game ends, it's 3000 years before the Death Star, they can come in and say "it was all a dream, JR's not dead, and the emperor is really on Ortolan"

Having a preapproved "direction" doesn't mean that Lucasarts can't come in tomorrow and add a stipulation that "All male jedi must wear banana hammocks"

They own the land, they let EA/BW rent it to plant tomatoes, and you're foolish if you think that the license doesn't state "subject to approval" and/or "Lucasarts reservest the right to ammend this license at any time"

I probably watched Star Wars for the first time ~1984 when my uncle got it on VHS. I didn't really understand it right way but I liked it non the less. One thing you knew, even at such a young age (~6 years old), was that Darth Vader was a very bad evil 'man'. Even then I wondered was it a single choice or a series of choices that got him to that point or was he born so evil. It was hard to imagine such a man as a scared child at any point in his life.

I was please when the prequels launched all those years later and I'm probably one of the few that grew up in that time to say that I enjoyed them. You can say what you like about the characters or some of the dialog but it was the rest of the story and the part I enjoyed the most. We got to see some of those choices that got Anakin to that point and to understand that it wasn't malice that drove it but passion. It was the flawed beliefs of the order that pushed him on that path with gentle nudges of Palpatine.

Order of quality

Episode 5,3,1,6,2,4

EXACTLY! Ewoks, Jar-Jar, Anakin build C3-PO, Gungans, Ahsoka...

What's wrong with Anakin building C3-PO? I also really like Gungans. Jar Jar is ridiculous, but that's not the entire species' fault. Ahsoka's also not a bad character. I like her too.

I actually have some hope for this buyout. If Disney can get some good directors and writers for Episode 7, then it has the potential to be one of the better movies in the series. I'd love to see a Tarantino Star Wars movie, but Disney isn't going to have its name on something like that. Maybe a Peter Jackson type film would be good.

Edited by flyersfan

My main fear about it is , what if they gear the production etc around a 3D trilogy , now that would really be bad. Well all that flying up towards the camera just because its a 3D movie nonsense. It was all tried in Jaws 3D and it was absolutely dire. So if they don't do that i will be happy. hm I think they might go for the 3D experience sadly.

Cheers ,

BadOrb.

Trekkie!?! :p

I just don't get it...I'm sure I have rose colored glasses on, but I watch the original trilogy every year, Episode 4 wasn't the worst...

Like I said in my post I liked them all so I'm sure we are coming from different place on ranking. The worst Ferrari ever made was still a Ferrari.

Lowest to highest?! Episode 4, Star Wars (not A New Hope), while it may not be the "BEST", to suggest it ranks below Episode 1 must be a punishable offense...

You and I agree on that. Anyone who ranks any of the original 3 under the new 3 needs to have their...well you figure it out.

They can most certainly change how this game ends, it's 3000 years before the Death Star, they can come in and say "it was all a dream, JR's not dead, and the emperor is really on Ortolan"

Having a preapproved "direction" doesn't mean that Lucasarts can't come in tomorrow and add a stipulation that "All male jedi must wear banana hammocks"

They own the land, they let EA/BW rent it to plant tomatoes, and you're foolish if you think that the license doesn't state "subject to approval" and/or "Lucasarts reservest the right to ammend this license at any time"

Something of mine got deleted...

I don't know how you read into my post that much. Obviously I know that. I even stated that. Lucasarts already gave the go ahead on the proposed story. That was done and closed a long time ago.

What I was saying was, Disney isn't coming here to change TOR folks. It's not happening. Bet on it... Not happening. This is EA/bioware land. They have a creative license that also includes them handling most of what goes on around here. Don't expect Disney to show up anytime soon.