/stuck in pvp do you consider it cheating?

Kegparty

on a similar note what do you think of sages / sorcs killing themselves with noble sacrifice? I use it from time to time in Voidstar if we lose the first door and the enemies are rooting / slowing but not killing us, but it always feels kinda dirty... Edited by sanchito

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got stuck once on voidstar, on the first door. The door went up, i was stuck where the door was. Unfortunately i was on the side where there were no reds, so i wasn't killed. So no choice really. I did wonder if my team mates could see what I had typed and wondered if they would think i was a scally.

This is the only time Ive had to use it on a war zone.

If you get stuck in the door in voidstar, typing stuck doesn't respawn you. It didn't when it happened on the final door. I cant understand how this started to happen. In 12 months of playing, never ever have I been stuck, until last week which stemmed from the many knock backs. The game engine probably got so confused and broke down Edited by DarthMaulUK

I had to use stuck in a pvp warzone yesterday. My character had limited movement similar to when you lose connection except I was able to move around and even run over fires without dying. The problem was I could not move beyond half way point on our side of the map for huttball. Thus, I was forced to use the /stuck command, which didn't kill me. Instead I was moved to my original location before I hit that bug, glitch, or lag spike. I have also used it in voidstar when you get pulled and fall down the shaft. I got stuck there once and used the /stuck command, which did kill me.

BW should just redesign the command where it send you to a previous know location with your current health. Thus, there would be no advantage in using the /stuck command and it will still work as intended for people who are stuck.

BW could also just disable that command in warzones. It's not like you get stuck that often to use it. I been pvping since the game came out and only had to use it twice because I really did get stuck in a warzone.

Edited by Knockerz

Oddly enough, the only time I've tried to use /stuck in a WZ was because of the CC bug where you really did get stuck on your back helplessly waving your legs and hands. Funny thing is it didn't even work. heh

THIS ^^^

The only times I've needed and attempted /stuck was when I was actually stuck....AND IT DIDN'T WORK! (the above situation before death and in that same situation once dead in the "safe zone" which turns into a deserter boot).

It is horrible design that is an exploit in my opinion.

IWhen is the last time you got stuck in pvp???

Three weeks ago. I got stuck somewhere in the middle of the chasm in Voidstar after getting knocked off. It was a tad annoying and no, autostuck did nothing.

I would like to propose that in Warzones, /stuck essentially has a 15 second cast time and you can't do anything during it. If you're actually stuck, you wouldn't really mind just hanging around, and if you're not, well, I'm guessing 15 seconds of having your face beaten in might solve the exploit?

Edited by pixieish

They probably aren't responding because of this from the Rules of Conduct:

Exploit any bug in the Service to gain unfair advantage in the game and/or communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through the public posting) to any other user of the Service.

Mentioning exploiting /stuck for PvP in this manner more than likely falls under this :)

Exploit more than cheating... but yeah... I think it's kinda cheap.

I only hope that people who use it as an exploit, get stuck shortly after and have to wait 2 minutes to use it again. :D

knowing using a exploit IS CHEATING

Cant beleive I actually saw someone trying to distinguish a difference between the two.

on a similar note what do you think of sages / sorcs killing themselves with noble sacrifice? I use it from time to time in Voidstar if we lose the first door and the enemies are rooting / slowing but not killing us, but it always feels kinda dirty...

If the ball goes moves toward my goal line (when my team has failed to score, and the ball is turned over) and I am still in the opposing teams territory, I sometimes kill myself in the fire/acid to quickly get to the defending zone....

It does feel dirty, but it's daaaamn effective

If the ball goes moves toward my goal line (when my team has failed to score, and the ball is turned over) and I am still in the opposing teams territory, I sometimes kill myself in the fire/acid to quickly get to the defending zone....

It does feel dirty, but it's daaaamn effective

There's nothing wrong with your method. What's wrong is abusing something like the /stuck command, which was clearly intended to get you out of things like scenery, and it even says so right in the name. It doesn't say /respawn or /suicide or /quicktravelbacktomygoalline. It says /stuck. Any other use is an exploit, and especially this, since it clearly gives an advantage in PvP.

Also, in the games that I used to administer, when we caught people abusing game mechanics, we not only fixed their loophole, but we did the following:

1) Loaded their characters out of the database

2) Deleted all of their items

3) Deleted all of their special tokens such as gold/credits/commendations/medals, etc

4) Saved their character back to the database

5) Posted the character name publicly in a wall of shame, stickied to the top of every sub-forum of the official game site.

Edited by Malkavier

Your games must be doing great then...

I stand on the side, that without BW making a call on this one, players cannot rely on the other team's 'code of honor'.

It's fair for everyone, when it's allowed for everyone.

It's not 'unfair advantage', when everybody can do it on a 2 minute cooldown.

If/And/Or/Until BioWare prevents or supervises the use of it, that's how it should be.

Edited by SneiK

oh lulz, im such a naab, now i know why people vanish in fight.

i was already wondering, what special tools some classes have haha.

one time over the last year i was stuck in a voidstar door.

that was cool, i exploited it as mutch as i could, nobody could see me and i could attack :p

so yeah, i would consider it exploiting.

there is a difference between cheat and exploid but im sure we all mean the same :D

• 3 weeks later...

I remember once I was in a liquor store playing Street Fighter 2 in jr high school. Of course I used Ken because hes OP. Anyways, I was shooting fireballs at some kid and he made a big deal and said I was "cheating". Reminds me of this situation.

Its not cheating really. Its a button in the game. Everyone has it, and it does what its supposed to do. Of course you may think its lame, but you are not the rules commissioner.

I happen to think its lame when I get knocked down and gang beat to death before my stun wears off, but I don't call anyone a cheater for knocking me down. Even tho I think its LAME

They probably aren't responding because of this from the Rules of Conduct:

Exploit any bug in the Service to gain unfair advantage in the game and/or communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through the public posting) to any other user of the Service.

Mentioning exploiting /stuck for PvP in this manner more than likely falls under this :)

The thing is, how can you consider DEATH to be an unfair advantage? I should always be able to control my toon. Im sure you guys have played a first person shooter with a RESPAWN button. Its common in games today.

Edited by DarthBloodloss

The thing is, how can you consider DEATH to be an unfair advantage? I should always be able to control my toon. Im sure you guys have played a first person shooter with a RESPAWN button. Its common in games today.

I can't recall a single FPS game where respawn gives you an advantage, but /stuck on SWTOR was intended to do just that in warzones?

I rest my case. :rolleyes:

There's a new bug where falling into the energy chasm in Voidstar will not instantly kill you, requiring you to use the /ctuck command. I've also been glitched into geometry in many WZ's as the result of an enemy knock-back. Mostly, it's been getting stuck inside Voidstar doors on the side where the bomb has detonated and the door breach geometry is present. But I have also been stuck inside the geometry, as the result of enemy knock backs, in Civil War and Huttball, as well.

These are things that occur on a weekly basis. I play 25+ hours a week, and 99% of that play time is WZ's - so I see a lot of this type of glitching occur.

I can't recall a single FPS game where respawn gives you an advantage, but /stuck on SWTOR was intended to do just that in warzones?

I rest my case. :rolleyes:

How does dieing give me an advantage? You just blew open some doors and I failed.

Now the next round is starting. Let me stop fighting in the N/A section of the map and respawn for part 2. And me dieing helps you get across the bridge faster so there's no "unfair advantage" here. (just fyi, I don't use /stuck.)

But if you really want to get the point across, complain that it should be disabled or something. Its not the players fault that its in there.

Is throwing away the huttball an exploit too? Why is one an exploit and one is not?

Edited by DarthBloodloss

How does dieing give me an advantage? You just blew open some doors and I failed.

Let's say our teams are playing each other in Civil War, and my team holds both Snow and Grass. 3 of my team members are heading from Snow to Grass to help, when they are attacked and slowed by 2-3 members of your team. Instead of wasting time being roadblocked by your team, they use /stuck and immediately return to the spawn area and can then use the speeder to reach Grass in less time than it would take for your teammates to heal and run there themselves.

Do you see how intentionally dying could give you an advantage now?