/stuck in pvp do you consider it cheating?

Kegparty

Ultimately, it's the worst in ACW because there is no randomness to it. Every time you /stuck at a side turret and speeder to the other one, it will take less time than going underneath mid. In huttball, NC, and VS, you may just be stuck behind the door and do absolutely nothing to help your team control mid or prevent the cap.

Overall though, I'd like to get an offical dev response simply so that I can start using it if it is not something that is against their terms or something that they consider to be an exploit. Ultimately, I don't care either way, i just want to know if I should use it too.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/stuck needs a channel time that would bring it on par with the time it takes to run across the civil war map, fixed.

six or seven second cast time that is interrupt able should about do it

having stuck do an instant death in PVP is BROKEN

/stuck needs a channel time that would bring it on par with the time it takes to run across the civil war map, fixed.

six or seven second cast time that is interrupt able should about do it

having stuck do an instant death in PVP is BROKEN

Makes kind of sense considering:

1 if your really stuck it will do an autostuck

2 If your being attacked you will die anyways

Basically the channel time should be equivalent to running across from one turret under. Probably more then 7 sec I think.

I personally think it should be allowed once per WZ or not at all.

Just timed a run from one turret under mid and over to the next. 25-30 sec without pred or middle speed buff.

That's the difference in travel time. Now how long does it take to click a speeder and fly down. 2 sec? I consider this broken atm.

Edited by Kegparty

Just timed a run from one turret under mid and over to the next. 25-30 sec without pred or middle speed buff.

That's the difference in travel time. Now how long does it take to click a speeder and fly down. 2 sec? I consider this broken atm.

It definitely takes more than 2 seconds... I am curious to the difference tho. With the middle speeder flying in circles before landing and the slow fly time of the east/west speeders I would bet mid is approx 15-20 seconds and the side speeders are 10-15.

Still a large difference.

The spawn timer idea would prevent the misuse of /stuck.

If my numbers are right... add a 10 seconds spawn timer on /stuck. DONE!

If someone really does get stuck... well tough luck. What are you doing in that random, weird spot trying to make that jump for anyways. As often as I get stuck in PvP. (Once in 8-9 months) I don't think it would have any negative affect. And for PvE... 10 seconds is nothing. You're either exploring when you get stuck and even in combat it takes you back to a medical outpost so I really don't see any negatives to it.

Wow, didn't even know this was possible and yet it explains so much in hindsight. :p

As for removing /stuck, I'd say no. My character CONSTANTLY gets stuck. Especially if I try to force charge someone in Huttball and they run at/behind the blowers. That's like a guaranteed stuck.

Also on the second Defender gate in voidstar, if you don't clear that "slanted" piece, your character will perpetually slide up & down it until you /stuck.

Seems like the only thing they could do would be add a major negative to using it. That way people only use it when they're actually stuck, they may get mad at the penalty, but it's not game-breaking.

Not really. /stuck only gibs you if you're in combat--consider it an accelerated defeat.

You are correct stuck death works when you are in combat.. if you die you are unstuck..... so why do we need a cheap way to cut 20 sec off of transitions...

Your in a group of 5 people defending a turret. Before you finish the last guy off 3-4 people /stuck to take the side speeder down.

It really makes no sense.

If you are in combat and actually stuck then you will either die or drop from combat.

Edited by Kegparty

If you used it for any other reason than actually being stuck, then you have used it as an exploit.

I used /stuck ONCE without actually being stuck.

It was pre-1.2 Hutt Ball. The opposing team had us 5-0 within literally 2-3 minutes and was just farming for medals. I played my tanksin.

I wanted the game to end as fast as possible at that point. I wasn't going to let our team get farmed, that's no fun. I managed to get the ball, run to my own endzone, Force Pulled an enemy to me, and typed /stuck, instantly killing me, giving the ball to the enemy, and ending the game. Needless to say, I got a good few MVP votes from teammates for doing that.

I wasn't aware of people using it to actually get an edge in PvP though. That's fairly surprising.

So basically after testing this for the a good few hours today:

/stuck only re-spawns you insta death when you are in combat. Using stuck when you are not in combat will warp you a few meters.

So basically if they remove stuck while in combat that would solve everything. If you are in combat anyways you will either die or drop out of combat.

Dev's Please respond. At least let us know this is not acceptable.

I don't think this was intentional. You fixed the /stuck killing you automatically for a quick respawn but the /stuck when you are in fight will do the same.. Leaves a lot of room for exploiting.

DO NOT CHANGE THE SIDE SPEEDER... It is an incredibly fun part of this game knowing with 3 skilled players you can defend a node vs 5

Oddly enough, the only time I've tried to use /stuck in a WZ was because of the CC bug where you really did get stuck on your back helplessly waving your legs and hands. Funny thing is it didn't even work. heh

QFMFT! I had the same a while back. I think force push was bugged to perma-root (but not stun) and /stuck did nothing for me.

There are various WZ modifications to /stuck that could be implemented to make it less attractive as an exploit. E.g. <n> second delay between typing /stuck and getting respawned. With the proper size <n> players would never /stuck except when they are really stuck. I'm sure you can think of others.

Funny thing, but I did get stuck on a leap yesterday. The synching was off, as usual, and I made a leap to a person I saw running to a open door in voidstar. Evidently, they were around the corner already, and I got stuck inside a wall. /stuck didn't work to free me either.