Hi, I'm Chris, and I'm shy.

SerZa

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I too am Chris, also a libra, do NOT love walks on the beach as sand drives me nuts, am not a troll, and this is my 4th mmo; but as mentioned before, it's nice to see someone who's completely uninfluenced by the ups-and-downs of other mmos! Edited by SgtSpit

I remember back in my wow days, okay that's a lie lol.

More like when I was playing WoW 3 months ago, after being on and off with it.

I remember just looking through a class forum and being disgusted by the trolls and no lives, going off on people for basic questions.

For those of you who never looked at the forums or played wow allow me to do a short impression of what you missed.

"The Devs don't seem to care about our (insert class here) especially ghost crawler (main dev) and only care about making money. " then you could throw in some random censored profanity, so it was whine whine whine.

or

"You (insert player's name here) need to learn how to play your class (insert insult here) and nobody helped me, you rolled the wrong (inset class here)so I am not going to help you (final insult here) ."

Those comments more or less repeated itself on and off for 2 years.

I burned out of the game, the people really put the final nail in the coffin for me.

For every good person, there was at least five trolls, or elitist players.

Dungeon finder was a nightmare, especially if you played a key role.

When I was nice to people, they were almost in shock, they were used to being treated badly or scammed by bots.

Patch 4.3 seemed somewhat interesting, but not interesting enough to push me back into WoW again.

I understand every online community has it's problems, but WoW was by far the worst I have ever been a part of.

It's refreshing to read comments from such cool people.

It seems like Bioware really wants to police the community, and focus on providing a terrific social game environment for everyone.

Nice to meet all of you, I can only imagine what would have happened to poor Chris is he posted this in the wow forums.

You picked a great community to be apart of for your first MMO Chris and welcome.

Stay here and avoid wow like the plague.

Hi, my name is also Chris. I am a Libra, love long walks on the beach, and watching the sunset in the eyes of the one I truly love... your mother.

I'd advise you go back to WoW and Troll School.

Regardless of the few trolls folks (every community has them), I promise they are rather tame here, compared to other online community standards.

Hey Chris - hit up the Juyo server today once I got my EGA - woot!

Tried to add you:

I'm loving the game right now! If you're on the Juyo server feel free to add me. I'm using my name SerZa, not Chris. :p

but it didn't seem to work.

Anyway, playing Malyce Inquisitor right now.

G

Hello everyone I have many names that my friends call me and most call me Rav or Warr due to my Xbox Live gamertag. I havent counted how many MMORPGs I have played tho there are ofc WoW and GW. I have lurked on this thread before the wipe and for some reason I havent been all excited about the release because I have been busy with Dark Souls also I would do nothing with EGA because my new PC has not arrived and when it does I can build it and install all needed things. Also I think I'm shy I dont talk often when around people I dont know but then again I don't talk much at anywhere and when I do even tho Im from Finland I talk in English (Only finnish I talk is at work and few words at home). Well theres my wall of text and my written english is not my strong part but talked english is way better. Until next time.

Hi Chris and Everyone

I have continued to read this thread and found it very heart warming and has a first timer will not feel alone out there, I will be on eu servers PVE soon I hope but I know it will be well worth the wait, hope to meet some of you soon out there.

Hi Chris and everyone else(too many names to mention them all) lol

Im Gary, i dont normally go on forums unless im looking for a fix for something lol

Like someone mentioned earlier, usually too many trolls and always drama, but its nice here so i think il make more of an effort on swtor forums :)

Well its an awsome game this and i think il have my early access today, beta was awsome, one of the best games iv played, i cant wait to get in and create my toon, although in beta i had many different classes/races and i am undecided what il choose, but what ever it is i will be dark side MWAHahahahahahahahaaaaaaaahhhhh lol

Anyways nice to meet you all and i look forward to seeing you in game.

Join the dark side, it is your destiny........:D

Hey Chris.

My name is Chris, from sunny England. I on the other hand am not shy i'm basically your typical British 25yo I drink, I laugh, I can be loud... But because i'm not one of the little basta*ds of this fair nation, I'm also not a n*bhead who smashes things for no reason or pukes up on the street because its funny.

I've been playing MMOs since WoW the other other MMO that has held my attention for any length of time is EvE but thats not really fun if your playing on your own.

Anyways enjoy SW:TOR as I know i'm going too.

Hello everyone,

Im from Czech Republic and Im on the Legions of Lettow EU server.

If you ever feel like talking or need an extra hand - contact my Bounty Hunter "MiaFett".

Hope all of you will get into the game soon. Its a blast !

gl and hf

I'm Yasmine. Or Yas if you want. I'm not shy at all. Just see my Sig for verification. :t_redface::t_wink:

I plan to be playing on the Sith side and probably on the RP servers. Might not sees you in the game unless you're in the RP servers.

Hey Yas nice to meet you. :D

Hey Chris - hit up the Juyo server today once I got my EGA - woot!

Tried to add you:

but it didn't seem to work.

Anyway, playing Malyce Inquisitor right now.

G

Try SERZA, might work then.

And welcome all new posters!

Edited by SerZa

Pleased to meet you Chris! Hoplop, aka "Granny" here. Thanks for starting this discussion.

I've been lurking on these forums for a few days and am pleased to find a thread with such kind and friendly people. While I'm not new to MMOs, I know that I too will probably need some help starting out and hope that I meet folks like all of you here when I enter the game.

I'm Yasmine. Or Yas if you want. I'm not shy at all. Just see my Sig for verification. :t_redface::t_wink:

I plan to be playing on the Sith side and probably on the RP servers. Might not sees you in the game unless you're in the RP servers.

Say wich server Yasmine. Then we can roleplay ;)

Still here wating patiently .. I fell over something all that didn't participate in the beta & maybe even those also, should read:

SW:TOR for Noobs

And since that doesn't cower what armor type is for what class, here is something I found elsewhere:

The Galactic Republic:

Jedi Knight: Medium starting out, heavy if you pick up the Guardian AC

Jedi Consular: Light armor

Smuggler: Medium

Trooper: Heavy

The Sith Empire :

Sith Warrior: Medium starting out, heavy if you pick up the Juggernaut AC

Sith Inquisitor: Light armor

Agent: Medium

Bounty Hunter: Heavy

Also there now seem to be a thread to check for those of us that sill am waiting that early access mail:

Email invite waves for today, 12/14 (and an update for tomorrow)

Anyway welcome to those that came since my last welcome post.

Hope you all are good.

Yours truly

Zilvereyes

Edited by Zilvereyes

I have no clue what they use for server names in this game, but people do tend to flock towards servers that sound cool. Ones with Sith type names will gather Sith oriented folks, ones with Republic names will gather Republic oriented folks and PvP servers with tough sounding names will gather those who think they are tough in a video game.

I of course could be wrong, as I said I have no clue what the names of the servers even are in this game yet. But that's what I have seen in other games before.

There's a current server list stickied in General Discussion, I was looking at that. And I figured as much, thanks. I'm not super well versed in EU stuff and characters if they're using those for server names, so I can't be sure what all is considered cool. :p