Hi, I'm Chris, and I'm shy.

SerZa

Hello, I'm Chris. Seeing as how early access is open now I'm pretty excited! This is my first MMO, and the last time I made this thread I met so many great people, and I want to meet more! Please post about yourself and introduce yourself just like I did before. Chat and make new friends! (Please try and keep discussions on TOR.):D

Hello there Chris. When I first saw this thread before the wipe, I didn't even know what it was about so I passed over it. Now that I know what it is, I kind of like the idea to be honest.

Well, before I go and introduce myself I'd just like to share a lesson and some of my experiences that I learned myself and over time while playing my first MMO.

Not everyone is all that nice (some people can be down right mentally insane), but there's quite a few out there who are very nice such as the ones found in this thread. But in-game once you find your particular crowd via a guild or friends met on the fly it gets a whole lot better. A lot of people will claim that what makes a good MMO is the gameplay, but I'll give them some credit on that, they're half-right. But what makes it lasting is the people you meet and give you that sense of belonging.

Now it wont last forever though, even some of the best guilds I belonged to had their fallings apart. Don't get discouraged if they do, there's always other guilds to join. It might take a few before you find one to settle in with that feels right for you and when you do you'll make plenty of more friends. Also don't get too carried away though and become attached to people. I know I have before, just don't. It only ended in pain and tears for me in the past and even for the person of the other party involved. I've learned to keep my distance emotionally. Just treat them like you would your classmates/colleagues and it'll be okay.

Also if you have questions about you chosen character class, feel free to ask others about it. The more you know the easier and better your gaming experience will become, for both you and others as well. Other than that, back to business shall we.

My name is CaffeineMonkey and judging by the name I do enjoy coffee and tea, a lot! I'm an addict and feel no shame for it either. I also enjoy walking, listening to 80s and dance music, even some talk radio and sketching out characters when I'm not playing online games.

Edited by CaffeineMonkey

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well hi there, Chris. you seem like a nice sort. i approve your choice of a first MMO. :p CaffeineMonkey's right though. they'll be a decent amount of mean people and elitists in the game, but don't let it get to you. it's kinda that way in every MMO, sadly. don't let people bully you either. and you don't have to join the first guild that sends you an invitation. i'd take your time and maybe learn a little about the people in the guild first before you decide to join or not. gosh, i'm sorry. i sound like a mother. -_-

Hey everyone.

I'm Chous (Don't feel like using my real name...yet) And I guess this will be my second MMO I hope to be playing for a longer time. The first one being.... ye, WoW. I have played alot of other MMO's but most were only fun for a short time (like Rift and DCU).

And I'm also really shy =/.

I'm someone who lurks the forums alot too afraid to reply to anything, but now that i posted this I may just post some more on the forums. Maybe. I doubt it really.

or to drop off a tray of cookies. (Chocolate chip, in case you were wondering.)

I would love some cookies! But I 'm off to bed now. Goodnight!

Hiya Chris and everyone else! This is my first post and this is the only topic I've actually felt like posting in! My name is Geoff and this will be my umptenth MMO first being EQOA on PS2 many many years ago followed by a couple F2p Korean MMO's then FFXI and back to F2p Korean MMO's such as Fly for Fun. I am very shy but only when in-game because you actually interact with people realtime and also voice chat @.@ which kills me unless I know the person. This is the first MMO that I will actually be starting from the get go and not after a few months of its release so I'm really excited! Been playing Kotor trying to get a quick fix but its starting to fail XD.

Hello again all my shy friends! Long time no see. I hope everyone has been well over our extended forum break? How goes life, Chris? All your college football games done? I've been good myself, having fun as always.

Oh and keeping with the thread, let me introduce myself properly!

Greetings and salutations my fellow TORians! Although I am known by many names, not all of them appropriate for this forum, my most common one is Jason. I am a good ol' boy from the great state of Vermont! The Green Mountain State, the best damn place there is to call home. I enjoy playing sports, games, reading, exercising, I run charity races and half marathons, been known to bench a few weights now and then and of course my number one hobby which is hanging around the ladies and flirting with them. I also of course enjoy the redneck things in life, driving my jeep wrangler out on a swamp road, taking the canoe down a river on a trip, going hiking in the woods, climbing a mountain etc... And of course my newest hobby which is hanging around on these forums with all of you interesting people.

Well there, I think I've just about told you my life story, pleasure to meet you all again.

Hope to see some of you in the game, perhaps.

Never saw the original thread but well, why not. Hello! :D I'm Anna and I'm very shy, hence I lurk everywhere and this is only the second thread here I've ever posted in.

TOR is also my first MMO, so a bit nervous about that. Excited though, I even bought a headset mainly for this game... though I'll probably only chat with my friend, too self-conscious about my English and everything else.

Didn't actually pre-order until October so I'm currently just killing time, making Christmas presents, playing Mass Effect and checking my mail at unhealthy intervals even knowing there's no way I'll get in yet.

Didn't actually pre-order until October so I'm currently just killing time, making Christmas presents, playing Mass Effect and checking my mail at unhealthy intervals even knowing there's no way I'll get in yet.

welcome to the club, m'dear. i preordered a couple weeks ago. XP you're english seems fine to me.

Never saw the original thread but well, why not. Hello! :D I'm Anna and I'm very shy, hence I lurk everywhere and this is only the second thread here I've ever posted in.

TOR is also my first MMO, so a bit nervous about that. Excited though, I even bought a headset mainly for this game... though I'll probably only chat with my friend, too self-conscious about my English and everything else.

You picked a good MMO to start with, in my opinion. It has a wonderfully rich storyline and it has some really good features to help new players learn the ropes, ask questions or ignore trolls, should it come to that. Hopefully it doesn't for you. :)

Welcome, and don't be scared. Also <points to her own Joined date> welcome to the waiting room, there's lots of company!

Heya Chris,

You can call me Hat Rack, my friends say thats all my head is good for :cool:, Welcome to the world of MMO. I've played several; Ultima Online, Lineage 2, City of Heroes, WoW, STO, and ExTeel. I was both lucky and cursed to be part of the last two weekends betas..Lucky as in a got to get a taste of this game and cursed because I'm in full DT's waiting for my EGA invite :) So far I have loved the non leet attitude and strong community support the players in the game have shown, beats the hell outta WoW by a long shot. Looking forward to making friends here. Not sure what name I'll use but I've broke it down to Either Jedi Consular or Sith Inq

Hi, I'm Eva. I'm really shy, too. Mostly a lurker and soloer.

This isn't my first MMO, but this is the only one I've been really excited about. :) Hopefully I'll get in tomorrow.

Hey :) I'm also mostly a soloer as well as a lurker, nice to meet you.

You picked a good MMO to start with, in my opinion. It has a wonderfully rich storyline and it has some really good features to help new players learn the ropes, ask questions or ignore trolls, should it come to that. Hopefully it doesn't for you. :)

Welcome, and don't be scared. Also <points to her own Joined date> welcome to the waiting room, there's lots of company!

Thanks! I played in the beta on a couple of weekends so I agree with you. I do enjoy the class stories, having played about every Bioware game out there.

welcome to the club, m'dear. i preordered a couple weeks ago. XP you're english seems fine to me.

Thanks, I mainly mean spoken English, you can take your time with written stuff :p I'd be self-conscious enough voice-chatting in my own language...

And yeah, nothing wrong with threads like these IMHO, they are good for drawing out shyer people. Just move along.

I'd be self-conscious enough voice-chatting in my own language...

That's why I spend all my time on Vent serenading everyone with my versions of AC/DC songs. It breaks the tension, gives everyone someone to yell at and gets a few laughs.

Imagine if you will two drunken monkeys yelling at each other and you have a good idea of what I sound like singing. It's a rather amusing time all around.