BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

Dovahbrah

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pyro has crap burst now. You can still put up good numbers with it cuz of the dots, but its not going to be effective damage and would be easily healed through

I have been noticing but lining up my EM and TD with Railshot, I still take chunks out of their HP.

With arsenal are we doing a Tracer then HS? followed the regular or what?

Zealous leap can be used while imbolized. So far it seems like electro net only affects core moves like force leap, force sprint, hold the line, stealth etc anything thats baseline to a certain class, so im not 100% sure but it won't work on zealous leap because its an ability in a specific tree. and its not a baseline ability.

Zealous leap can be used while imbolized. So far it seems like electro net only affects core moves like force leap, force sprint, hold the line, stealth etc anything thats baseline to a certain class, so im not 100% sure but it won't work on zealous leap because its an ability in a specific tree. and its not a baseline ability.

this.

not sure if its only cuz its not baseline, but the focus/rage specific leap is not locked out by electronet. just keep >10m and you wont get leapt to tho

this.

not sure if its only cuz its not baseline, but the focus/rage specific leap is not locked out by electronet. just keep >10m and you wont get leapt to tho

Ya, apparently Ill have to run more which bugs me cause thats down time. oh well TO amirite? And now that Im getting comfortable with plugging in the new abilities into arsenal I can see the difference between that and pyro....Still something nice bout pyro is the better kiting.

dont underestimate explosive round/missile blast. its still a fraking terrible damage/resource cost ratio, but if they are low on health and you forced to kite you can finish them quickly. i use it a lot actually.

same its a nice execute

I must be doing something very wrong, im having a better time staying alive as pyro over arsenal, i get two escapes thats why

Commando has NO esacpes. Escape = immune to damage/go invisible.

That is still the looming problem on the class. Sniper has it all. 2 stuns, knockback, immune to interrupts, 12 second immune to all. Dodge shield, dmg shield for group, self dmg shield etc.

It's hard to judge at the state of 50 pvp, but commando still has issues getting skills off. That part has NOT been fixed.

Mando may not be perfect, but I think people who know are extremely happy with the way the class is playing post 2.0

Gunnery : 2xTO + 1 grav round for DR + KOLTO BOMB + electro net + off-heals + hold the line + diversion is pretty damn awesome

Assault : Meh imo, but I know some friends who love it

Combat medic: Strong as it ever was. We still put lower numbers on the board, but our numbers reflect less bloat than the other healers (i.e. our direct heals are still awesome).

Not much to complain about this patch mang.

Mando may not be perfect, but I think people who know are extremely happy with the way the class is playing post 2.0

Gunnery : 2xTO + 1 grav round for DR + KOLTO BOMB + electro net + off-heals + hold the line + diversion is pretty damn awesome

Combat medic: Strong as it ever was. We still put lower numbers on the board, but our numbers reflect less bloat than the other healers (i.e. our direct heals are still awesome).

yeah I feel the same way, the changes are awesome and I am probally gonna main my merc. The class could use more in the future but for now I am just having fun.

Commando has NO esacpes. Escape = immune to damage/go invisible.

That is still the looming problem on the class. Sniper has it all. 2 stuns, knockback, immune to interrupts, 12 second immune to all. Dodge shield, dmg shield for group, self dmg shield etc.

It's hard to judge at the state of 50 pvp, but commando still has issues getting skills off. That part has NOT been fixed.

Anything that removes any movement impairs is consider an escape.

So Merc/Mando has an escape, Hydraulic Overrides and in pyrotech you get a talent that makes Chaff Flare remove all movement impaires so you get 2.

I still very much like Pyrotech/Assault. Arsenal is still heavy in plant your feet and pew pew spec. And with everyone being melee its like I find ppl runing out of range of my unload, railshot, HS. Tracer, whatever. And I like to save thermal Override for kiting.

I don't think hold the line cleanses snares which is unfortunate, but otherwise I love it.

Finally got some matches in last night on commando (been gearing up for raids the past few days but I needed the relic since I lost both rolls on the Arkanian power proc relic). Even in PVE gear, which probably has too much accuracy for PVP, I was doing some hilarious stuff. 4k GR > 8500 DR is lulz and using electronet on a ball carrier and watching them stubbornly move forward is even more lulz. I was having an absolute blast. I might actually gear up my commando in my spare time, though I'm definitely liking current bolster (THATS RIGHT I SAID IT NEW BOLSTER > YOUR FACE).

We've said for awhile that commando just needed some utility. I'm still pretty skeptical of our place on a ranked team, I STILL think we're a little too easily shut down, but every 90 seconds, when TO and Electronet come off cooldown, we are as gods, and Hold the Line is just amazing.

I still very much like Pyrotech/Assault. Arsenal is still heavy in plant your feet and pew pew spec. And with everyone being melee its like I find ppl runing out of range of my unload, railshot, HS. Tracer, whatever. And I like to save thermal Override for kiting.

Glad you posted this. I was wondering what others thought of Assault/Pyro. The burst being gone is a HUGE difference...it allows far too much time for them to heal or a healer to notice and heal them. Overall, I still am running my Assault spec from prior to 2.0, and I'm doing well enough that I really haven't noticed too much of a drop in my performance, again, just a drop in 'burst'. I'd really like it if AP's DoT ticked just a tad faster...slowing our burst, not removing it.

However, whomever the moron was who thought changing Adrenalin Rush to only take effect below 30% should be fired. With the amazing burst coming from other classes, by the time it 'triggers' off it's little 250'ish ticks, I'm dead. That change needs to be reverted.

I don't think hold the line cleanses snares which is unfortunate, but otherwise I love it.

Finally got some matches in last night on commando (been gearing up for raids the past few days but I needed the relic since I lost both rolls on the Arkanian power proc relic). Even in PVE gear, which probably has too much accuracy for PVP, I was doing some hilarious stuff. 4k GR > 8500 DR is lulz and using electronet on a ball carrier and watching them stubbornly move forward is even more lulz. I was having an absolute blast. I might actually gear up my commando in my spare time, though I'm definitely liking current bolster (THATS RIGHT I SAID IT NEW BOLSTER > YOUR FACE).

We've said for awhile that commando just needed some utility. I'm still pretty skeptical of our place on a ranked team, I STILL think we're a little too easily shut down, but every 90 seconds, when TO and Electronet come off cooldown, we are as gods, and Hold the Line is just amazing.

As a sniper I have had some more difficult encounters with Commandos recently. My burst is still too much for most 1v1, but if I'm focusing someone else and a Commando gets me I'm toast.

Glad you posted this. I was wondering what others thought of Assault/Pyro. The burst being gone is a HUGE difference...it allows far too much time for them to heal or a healer to notice and heal them. Overall, I still am running my Assault spec from prior to 2.0, and I'm doing well enough that I really haven't noticed too much of a drop in my performance, again, just a drop in 'burst'. I'd really like it if AP's DoT ticked just a tad faster...slowing our burst, not removing it.

However, whomever the moron was who thought changing Adrenalin Rush to only take effect below 30% should be fired. With the amazing burst coming from other classes, by the time it 'triggers' off it's little 250'ish ticks, I'm dead. That change needs to be reverted.

If you havent already start lining up your Railshot with your thermal det. (Dont know the mando names for these abilities sorry.)

There are several ways to line it all up like what I have been doing is

Explosive Dart < Fusion Missile < Railshot (Lined up with ED going off) < Unload/Power Shot (Procing Railshot) < Thermal Det < Incendiary Missile < Railshot (lined up with TD) < Unload/Powershot. Rapid Shot and Vent Heat where you see fit. Repeat.

You still keep up with people in damage but I notice I no longer top the charts as pyro or arsenal now.

Hold the line would be the threat reducer ability for mandos I assume?

because The snare remover for Charred Flare is for Pyrotech ONLY. Arsenal makes charred Flare to absorb the next force/tech attack.

Also I loving the 30% reducer from dot dmg from cleanse as pyrotech.

Hold the line would be the threat reducer ability for mandos I assume?

because The snare remover for Charred Flare is for Pyrotech ONLY. Arsenal makes charred Flare to absorb the next force/tech attack.

Also I loving the 30% reducer from dot dmg from cleanse as pyrotech.

Hold the Line = Hydraulic Overrides. Our version of charred flare is called diversion.

Also, I actually really like the new Adrenaline Rush. Very much more a clutch ability, at least once you get enough health that they can't get through you in one hit. At 30k health, anyone who can't do 10k in one GCD isn't going to kill you for 8 seconds, period.

Hold the Line = Hydraulic Overrides. Our version of charred flare is called diversion.

Also, I actually really like the new Adrenaline Rush. Very much more a clutch ability, at least once you get enough health that they can't get through you in one hit. At 30k health, anyone who can't do 10k in one GCD isn't going to kill you for 8 seconds, period.

ah yes Hold the line and diversion both remove impairing effects, Just hold the line makes you immune for 6 seconds and diversion just removes. As assault anyways.

Edited by Bluntron