BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

Dovahbrah

ah yes Hold the line and diversion both remove impairing effects, Just hold the line makes you immune for 6 seconds and diversion just removes. As assault anyways.

I don't think Hold the Line cleanses movement impairing effects, just provides immunity, so if you get snared before you use it, you'll still be snared after you use it. At least based on my experience last night.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Hold the Line cleanses movement impairing effects, just provides immunity, so if you get snared before you use it, you'll still be snared after you use it. At least based on my experience last night.

It does, Ive used it thousands of times.

Edited by Bluntron

Yeah, I'm pretty sure hold the line DOES remove snares/roots. It has become a staple for me, particularly against sorcs and snipers.

Good snipers are just scary now. It was hit and miss between a good sniper and a good commando previously, but now the *moment* I start taking damage from one I have to bug out, as they'll kill me in 6 seconds or so. And needless to say I can't do the same to them heh.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure hold the line DOES remove snares/roots. It has become a staple for me, particularly against sorcs and snipers.

Good snipers are just scary now. It was hit and miss between a good sniper and a good commando previously, but now the *moment* I start taking damage from one I have to bug out, as they'll kill me in 6 seconds or so. And needless to say I can't do the same to them heh.

I've noticed this too about Snipers now. Sniper spec and Sabotage spec are killing EVERYTHING! Well not everything, but damn near close. Soon as they set their sights on you you've got a good 5 seconds to get out of sight or you're going down quickly. Meet the new FOTM.

Not liking our 8.2k Ambushes followed by an 7.5k Takedown?

For the life of me I can't fathom why the AC received the buffs it did. Coupled with TTK, they are devastating. I don't even need my defensive cooldowns unless I start to receive focus fire. If it's a DPS race (Marksman), I can usually win.

There is hope, however. Finish leveling your Operative. :D Much more energy friendly and it is very nice to have our burst back, for however long it lasts.

Is there a certain amount of aim you want to reach before you mod out straight power?

I think it's wrong to look at in terms of a certain number for either stat. What I do is make sure I have the high aim/power mods. I.E. add the aim and power together on the mods that you want. Whatever mod has the most of those two added together, that's what you want for bigger numbers. Obviously you are going to want to balance this with crit/accuracy/alacrity. I won't begin to tell you how to balance those. Everyone has their own opinion, but for the mods that you decide you want high power/aim stats in make sure you get the mods I mentioned above.

Note getting the maximum aim/power mods will have lower endurance on them. Worth it IMO.

I think it's wrong to look at in terms of a certain number for either stat. What I do is make sure I have the high aim/power mods. I.E. add the aim and power together on the mods that you want. Whatever mod has the most of those two added together, that's what you want for bigger numbers. Obviously you are going to want to balance this with crit/accuracy/alacrity. I won't begin to tell you how to balance those. Everyone has their own opinion, but for the mods that you decide you want high power/aim stats in make sure you get the mods I mentioned above.

Note getting the maximum aim/power mods will have lower endurance on them. Worth it IMO.

Agreed. Hit the caps on Acc/Crit/Surge i guess if ppl want to focus alacity then they can but I dont see it being a a huge deal and just got straight aim power.

Mine is broken then. Totally got snared holding the ball last night, popped hold the line and was still snared when I was done =(

Mine is broken then. Totally got snared holding the ball last night, popped hold the line and was still snared when I was done =(

Might be worth testing if there is a specific snare it doesn't work against then. I'll keep an eye open.

pyro/assault is not even close to what arsenal/gunny can do now. so much of the damage in that spec is negated by cleanse.

On my sever no one cleanses lol except me apparently.

I thinks it because the raid frames dont show debuffs, like other mmos.

One of the reasons why I will never heal on this game. Raid frames are just terrible.

I think they have sorted it out. I have not pvped with my Merc for several months, been away, but I tried it earlier with the new skill, and I have to say, you can now use full Arsenal spec and basically blow people away with relative ease, seriously.

I have a PT FB as well, and you know what, I think the Merc may be better now, call me mad, call me what you like, you normally do, but I am genuinely happy with the boost to the Merc they have given. Full Arsenal spec with Gas Cylinder,lol, and do 450-650k damage, I mean that is a massive improvement from the struggling ways it was before.

Nice one, well done TOR, you have finally given the Merc's in the game some hope that things are finally being done to rectify the issues the Merc had.

The net, totally awesome, throw that at someone, then missiles, there as good as dead.

I think they have sorted it out. I have not pvped with my Merc for several months, been away, but I tried it earlier with the new skill, and I have to say, you can now use full Arsenal spec and basically blow people away with relative ease, seriously.

I have a PT FB as well, and you know what, I think the Merc may be better now, call me mad, call me what you like, you normally do, but I am genuinely happy with the boost to the Merc they have given. Full Arsenal spec with Gas Cylinder,lol, and do 450-650k damage, I mean that is a massive improvement from the struggling ways it was before.

Nice one, well done TOR, you have finally given the Merc's in the game some hope that things are finally being done to rectify the issues the Merc had.

The net, totally awesome, throw that at someone, then missiles, there as good as dead.

I think one thing which contributed to it is that for the last year you could basically ignore them unless there were two Commandos on the same target. I tried shrugging one off in Huttball yesterday and promptly got decked as a result. They've got some damn good burst from my observations -- mostly on the receiving end as a healer -- in the lowbie bracket. I haven't seen them nearly as frequently in the 55 bracket, I assume for much the same reason as before. They definitely aren't a class to take lightly, though. I'll have to scribble them under anti-Sniper and anti-Sage DPS strategies.

Edited by SpaniardInfinity

I think one thing which contributed to it is that for the last year you could basically ignore them unless there were two Commandos on the same target. I tried shrugging one off in Huttball yesterday and promptly got decked as a result. They've got some damn good burst from my observations -- mostly on the receiving end as a healer -- in the lowbie bracket. I haven't seen them nearly as frequently in the 55 bracket, I assume for much the same reason as before. They definitely aren't a class to take lightly, though. I'll have to scribble them under anti-Sniper and anti-Sage DPS strategies.

Well it is just quite mental how easy it is now to be a Merc. I mean it is finally what it should be. PLEASE PLEASE do not take away what you have given us, it is spot on and can match any class now, any class and is well worth being in RWZ now because of these glorious changes. Anyone who says the Merc needs buffing now is crazy,lol. Mind you the base stats and a few other issues some people have been having may be why the Merc is so deadly all of a sudden?. I hope that this is not the case, and that it is genuinely a buff for the Merc. Commando's, well dunno about them, but I know they die easy,hehe, same goes for any class it seems now, and if you have heals with you, who needs a PT FB to cause the mayhem. Not sure how the Merc would fair in a 1v1 though?, against say a Sorc, PT as an example?.

Sorcs though are doing some crazy healing as well at the moment, over 1m healing I have seen in several WZS, and the damage they do is not to be played with or underestimated.

Edited by FatEdd

Yep. I know what that snare is like. I carry the ball quite a lot on my shadow =)

On topic we're definitely a lot stronger in regs. We'll see how the meta evolves if we can be solid in ranked.

Talking to dedicated pvp guilds on my server, mando/mercs are still NOT wanted in rwz.