BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

Dovahbrah

thats because theyre op at low lvl. So they think oh look how op I am now cant wait to get to 50.

People dont realize the the classes that are OP at low level are the worst at endgame. Simple MMO logic from MMO 101

Cept snipers.

While not OP at higher level like they are in lower levels (Ambush scales VERY well with bolster), they're very strong at 50, and getting stronger in 2.0

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it had to do with "I leveled everything else. I guess I might as well level my merc. Can't suck forever, can it?"

That or you get a lot of new people who don't know any better and lets face it; big as gun is cool for commando, and it really is a long time until you hit 50 to start wondering what went wrong. Not bad for PvE either.

idk it sucked for a full year and only got more nerfed.........so ya

I'm sure a number of you have already seen this thread, but this should tell BW something... but it probably won't... they're deaf, dumb and blind when it comes to Commandos/Mercs for seemingly forever now:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=618564

Bear in mind that those at the top of the thread that are predicting RWZ champions post 2.0 of having teams made up completely of troopers/Commandos/Mercs are being totally tongue-in-cheek. Note that all the earnest predictions have not a single one.

So yeah, BW, thanks again for KEEPING us excluded from serious RWZ invites. :/

And here's another telling thread thus far about "Most fun classes to play pre 2.0":

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=620977

The OP ranks the classes in 1-7. I guess it this thread I don't need to actually state which class is entirely left out not just from his list but from the entire thread so far. LOL

BIoWare? Any of this getting through? Bueller?

Oh, and does anyone have any dillusions this will change post 2.0? lol.................. ROFL. ......Bahahahhahahaha!........... ... heh. :/

I'm seriously just waiting to see the *changes* they said would be made to certain classes that we didn't see on the pts....... If its the same I'm done if the changes are pointless I'm done. It took half a year to give mando's and mercenaries an interupt. I doubt were going to get anything nice in 2.0:(

So patch notes for tomorrow is up and yeah same...will still be easy to shut down.

I mean cant keep going hammer shot all day while advanced the line is on.

I dont know. re rolling smuggler as we speak.

Someone who play ranked think this class is viable ? i say unwanted pre 2.0 for more then 1 year

and still unwanted after 2.0 for the next year i'm guessing.Shame really, well just like it have been

up until this point EA will just keep losing money when players leave ... again......

Good wiork pvp devs, you make us proud of you :(

just to play devil's advocate, Merc/Mando is going to be a much better place than it was. not saying it will be an ideal place, but it will be better.

just to outline a few improvements: we have more escape tools. we have a mobile heal. our main burst damage rotation was shortened by 50%.

this is a step in the right direction. AP was clearly on class balance sensory overload in prep for 2.0. now that it is out of the way, and in lieu of the news that we are likely to see more frequent class balance changes, i think AP will continue tweaking Merc/Mando.

I mean, what if something so simpel as making grav round

instant and on a 2.5 sec cooldown ? would fix everything.

you cant put it on a cooldown when there are still 3 buffs/procs tied to it. Charged barriers, tracer lock, and Barrage procs depend on casting tracer missile. 2/3 of those can be proc'd with Power Shot, but tracer lock cannot.

ive actually been thinking of how the general mechanics of the class can be shifted away from a laser-point focus on tracer missile, and more toward a balanced use of abilities. one idea i had was this:

- Charged Barrier and Tracer Lock stacks are now built on critical hits with Power Shot and all missile abilities.

even with the reduced frequency of crits in 2.0, you would have a 15s window to land 3 crits with basically any offensive ability we use besides Rapid Shots, Rail Shot and Rocket Punch.

what this does is allow Missile Blast/Salvo to actually have a real function. you would be able to build Tracer Lock stacks on the move, which would be a great addition to our mobility (being able to build Rail Shot damage buff on the move vs only when standing still).

im still hoping that the heat cost for Missile Blast is brought down to 16. there is no reason for an ability that deals barely more damage than Rapid Shots to have a heat cost of 25. in conjunction with this new suggestion, Merc/Mando would have much greater freedom in our rotation, and would not have all our important buffs/procs tied directly to only casted abilities.

whoever is balancing merc for pvp either doesn't play the class at all or is just stupid. I think people should be fired over merc because this is terrible. Merc has been bad for forever and the players have been telling the devs for forever, wth are they doing. Im glad I did research and didn't make a lv50 merc or else i would have rage quit and unsubbed. Edited by MarkXXIV

Tracer Missile being instant would be awesome, it would basically be the Merc's Flame Burst version.

will never happen, devs don't even like/play merc. This class is going to suck for as long as this game runs, I hope you rerolled during 2x.

Day away from 2.0 where it won't matter so much that my sniper is geared and I am kind of bored. (never mind the fact that there is a perceived likelihood of snipers being FOTM) I think I might just go against the grain and start using my merc. F em if they can't take a joke; right? I just don't care anymore.

Day away from 2.0 where it won't matter so much that my sniper is geared and I am kind of bored. (never mind the fact that there is a perceived likelihood of snipers being FOTM) I think I might just go against the grain and start using my merc. F em if they can't take a joke; right? I just don't care anymore.

I will do the same if pt sucks after 2.0. If pt no longer wrecks like it does now I will just play merc for fun and get it 55 just incase it gets fixed in 2014.

My hero.

merc/commando ftw! Even though the buffs might still not be enough I am glad merc/mando are moving in the right direction these class are awesome :D. merc/mando pride!

Edited by MarkXXIV

Well I'll say this for 2.0, popping electro net on someone, punting them, then using Hold The line and kiting them around while the DoT just gets bigger and bigger is hilarious. Combine with TO > GR > DR > GR > HIB, and it's just lulz for days and days. Throw in a plasma instead of a second GR if that suits you as well.