What's the staus on Same-Sex Romances?

GregSJ

It's funny you say this, because I've had the opposite experience. Someone pro sgr makes a thread, then it gets derailed by someone getting religious/discriminating/trolling, you name it. For the most part it's the pro side that has come up with logic, well thought out posts. Of course, there will be some times that things get slightly heated, but for the most part I don't see alot of drama coming from those that are for it.

I dunno 99 percent of the arguments for or against have no pertinent facts or logic... it's mostly just opinions... which is fine.... but I have also seen more than one Pro post trying to claim that it's discrimination to not include them... which even tho I would like SGRs is ridiculous... there is plenty of ******tery going on with both sides of the debate

Edited by Liquidacid

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ignore those that make you angry, report really offensive posts, and move on is the mantra in the SGRA thread.

We try not to feed trolls and we believe in self policing. We're proactive when it comes to destructive posts. I've read some posts that didn't...devolve like that from people that didn't agree with SGRs. So we don't just report any poster that disagrees with us at all. We do report the truly offensive and negative posts out there.

Just like with other players wanting clarification on the features they request, we want the same. It was promised in September 2011 before Launch, reconfirmed at the Guild Summit and also mentioned by the lead PvP dev less than two weeks ago. It's fair and it's time that the devs speak up and talk plainly about the content that was promised.

Also, for those that say, "LOL, BW doesn't care at all, they just want money, give up asking..." I gotta ask. If you feel that poorly about the game, why keep playing? Why keep requesting info on features and topics others want? You have to be enjoying the game and have some faith in the developers.

For some that are the type to troll the forums while waiting for a sub to run out, then I guess they can't allow anyone to have fun because they aren't.

There is a ton of links, quotes, proof provided about their stance on SGRs, if you go back a page.

I'll state this again: If a player has a problem with SGRs coming into the game, then they are free to write BW. Contact information for people such as Joveth Gonzales and Allison Berryman is in my sig, as well as Hall Hood's Twitter(the lead writer for ToR.) There is also email and snail mail.

Edit: Oh and pulling out the most stereotypical, offensive and inaccurate statements about the LGBT community is not constructive feedback. :rolleyes:

Edited by natashina

Also, for those that say, "LOL, BW doesn't care at all, they just want money, give up asking..." I gotta ask. If you feel that poorly about the game, why keep playing? Why keep requesting info on features and topics others want? You have to be enjoying the game and have some faith in the developers.

Hah, thank you! I swear I read these "BW doesn't care" comments and I'm back on the WoW forums.

All I want is to know how it's going along. I love Star Wars and I will play the game regardless, but having SGR would just make my day. I can't play a male toon and it bothers me greatly that my boyfriend's male toon can hit on all these women while my female SI can't hit on any of them. I just want a couple of cute flirts and a possible romance from my female companions. It's not all that much to ask for, really.

If they just tell us how it's coming and reassure us that it is then I'll happily wait for it to be released.

Too loud, too proud.

You guys spend more time making noise on the forums then you actually do playing.

Content for a minority of players > content that will actually make money...yeah...right...

As a paying subscriber from launch, this would be the last straw for me.

I dunno 99 percent of the arguments for or against have no pertinent facts or logic... it's mostly just opinions... which is fine.... but I have also seen more than one Pro post trying to claim that it's discrimination to not include them... which even tho I would like SGRs is ridiculous... there is plenty of ******tery going on with both sides of the debate

Both sides, yeah, I would agree to a certain degree. However, they have said they will include sgr aswell as heterosexual relationships. All most people are asking is when. Really, this shouldn't even be an issue, heated or otherwise, as its going to happen. I've seen posts from people saying how bioware should be concentrating on bugs as a priority, and not spend time on this, as it wastes dev time. Yet if you check their post history, they're asking for things like Halloween events. Makes no sense.

Both sides, yeah, I would agree to a certain degree. However, they have said they will include sgr aswell as heterosexual relationships. All most people are asking is when. Really, this shouldn't even be an issue, heated or otherwise, as its going to happen. I've seen posts from people saying how bioware should be concentrating on bugs as a priority, and not spend time on this, as it wastes dev time. Yet if you check their post history, they're asking for things like Halloween events. Makes no sense.

Fact remains.. its a small group of people who want this.. That might be why its on the bottom of their list, where it should be to be honest. This game has bigger problems to worry about and im sure it will come out eventually. The same thing goes with other features.. we only heard about the secret space project once.. but we know its coming.

Too loud, too proud.

You guys spend more time making noise on the forums then you actually do playing.

Content for a minority of players > content that will actually make money...yeah...right...

As a paying subscriber from launch, this would be the last straw for me.

I too am a paying subscriber from launch. I don't pvp, but would be happy for pvpers if they added more stuff for them. This game isn't a democracy, they'll add what they like. If you don't agree, and think its a waste of time, and will leave because of it, that's your right to do so.

The vast amounts of idiocy, immature behaviour and outright ignorance displayed on these forums is just shameful.

Reminds of the big flame-war over the Star trek DS9 episode where what's-her-name was revealed to be romantically involved with another woman, the trekkies went absolutely ballistic, they instantaneously went from the hope for peace and co-operation in the world, to just another group of hate-filled spouters, it was that moment when I stopped watching Star trek all together because I knew we'd never get over our petty differences.

I also laugh at the people who think this is maximum '5%' of the playerbase, despite BiOWare and EA being the leading gaming companies that are pro-LGBT, there are literally thousands of players who want this in, not a couple here and there, the LGBT community that backs BiOWare games is enormous in size, just the social.bioware.com forums can give you a hint to just how big it is, BiOWare has literally the biggest LGBT gaming community fanbase on earth, this isn't a couple of hundred people, there are thousands, to coin the phrase 'if I had a penny' referring to the amount of players that would happily come back to play this as a solo RPG is well beyond what you people believe.

I remember people leaving in droves when BiOWare announced it would be a post-launch feature, a lot of them stating they won't be back till they can play the game the way they want to, I should know as I've been following this feature's progression slowly for three years, the amount of great users that have come and gone since is huge.

Now I imagine somebody will ask: 'well how do you know how many there are' call it experience and that in the space of a couple of months the S&L SGRA thread we already have over a hundred thousand unique views on the topic, this is during a time when the topic is relatively low-brow, last year, they used to have to open and close three threads a day due to the one thousand cap being hit repeatedly, that is how big this topic really is and the fact that people claim 'the fact is this is only a small portion of the playerbase' is frankly hilarious and shows me just how much people really know about the BiOWare fanbase and franchise in the first place.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

Why do people feel like making a billion threads on something that is being covered in one huge thread.... :rolleyes:

Most likely because the huge thread is hidden away in a section where people don't expect to find it. That and for the same reason that we see many threads asking when hood toggles will be added or saying what's wrong with PvP, or asking about F2P.

Reminds of the big flame-war over the Star trek DS9 episode where what's-her-name was revealed to be romantically involved with another woman, the trekkies went absolutely ballistic, they instantaneously went from the hope for peace and co-operation in the world, to just another group of hate-filled spouters, it was that moment when I stopped watching Star trek all together because I knew we'd never get over our petty differences.

Finding out about that really made me sad... Isn't Star Trek about how we'll all get past our petty differences in the future in order to work to better humanity? And apparently, Roddenberry wanted a gay regular on TNG, but that didn't happen. And when the writers wanted to have same-sex couples at least as extras in the background, that was shot down by execs. And I remember hearing that Kate Mulgrew apologized for not fighting hard enough to get a gay character on Voyager.

I am very big proponent of equality but i don't understand the hysteria for same gender romances on these forums. Most gay people I know just want to be left alone and are personally sick of all the ridiculous requests for "equality" that they didn't even ask for.

I don't care if they ever put in SGR or not because quite honestly, its pointless. We aren't fighting a gay rights battle here, its a god darn video game.

Edited by Arkerus

I am very big proponent of quality but quite honestly, I don't understand the hysteria for same gender romances on these forums. Most gay people I know just want to be left alone and are personally sick of all the ridiculous requests for "equality" that they didn't even ask for.

I don't care if they ever put in SGR or not because quite honestly, its pointless. We aren't fighting a gay rights battle here, its a gosh darn video game.

No one said we were, you jumped to that conclusion, we are just asking to be able to play our own characters the way we want, just like heterosexuals can, you could say a lot of us are used to it in BiOWare's other franchises and not being able to do the same here has sullied our experience and enjoyment, we are not demanding the feature be put in game or anything like that, they said we would see SGRA content in the future even going so far as to say it would be this year and a few devs have pointed at Makeb as the actual patch, all we want to know is if that is indeed the truth, once we know that, we'll all shut up and we can avoid the mass arguments that go on whenever we come out of the story and lore section.

We aren't fighting a gay rights battle here, its a god darn video game.

This... in a way.

Its not 1 group thats against it and another thats for it actually... Its more like 1 group for it, 1 group against it and 1 group that really doesnt care about "romances" in the video game at all.. That might be the reality of the situation and in that case the people for it have to accept they're apart of a small portion of players that want this feature in, with that said its understandable that BW is slow to put this in or even touch on the topic at all.

This... in a way.

Its not 1 group thats against it and another thats for it actually... Its more like 1 group for it, 1 group against it and 1 group that really doesnt care about "romances" in the video game at all.. That might be the reality of the situation and in that case the people for it have to accept they're apart of a small portion of players that want this feature in, with that said its understandable that BW is slow to put this in or even touch on the topic at all.

By your logic, so are things like Hood Toggles and the likes only supported by a small portion of players, if people think this is just a couple of hundred people, etc.... they would be quite wrong.

By your logic, so are things like Hood Toggles and the likes only supported by a small portion of players, if people think this is just a couple of hundred people, etc.... they would be quite wrong.

To be honest IMO.. I think Hood toggles arent important either. I understand alot of people ask for this and part of the frustration is the fact that its been requested for sooo long but if theres 1 group for it, 1 against it and 1 group that doesnt give a damn then yes... it also applies.

That wasnt the point though.. He gave his reason to why he doesnt want it in the game, Thats what was questioned. If you dont like PVP... Sorry but i bet you theres a larger group that wants PVP than the group that wants SGR.

He is off-topic regardless, we all know it's going to be in the game, the matter is when and how.

And it doesn't matter how small or large a group is supporting 'x' feature, BiOWare themselves don't actually care, about the size of people wanting SGRs, they know it's not a small group, they have said so themselves, they have already confirmed it, but again that isn't the matter, it is about when and how this will be put in.

He is off-topic regardless, we all know it's going to be in the game, the matter is when and how.

And it doesn't matter how small or large a group is supporting 'x' feature, BiOWare themselves don't actually care, about the size of people wanting SGRs, they know it's not a small group, they have said so themselves, they have already confirmed it, but again that isn't the matter, it is about when and how this will be put in.

Like i said earlier... I feel the same way with the "Secret Space Project" Its been confirmed but we havent heard about since it was first announced.. By now i dont think anybody should be surprised that BW hasnt mentioned anything about SSP or SGR .

Like i said earlier... I feel the same way with the "Secret Space Project" Its been confirmed but we havent heard about since it was first announced.. By now i dont think anybody should be surprised that BW hasnt mentioned anything about SSP or SGR .

Except they have, they stated that this year we would see SGRA content, lead PvP designer Gabe Amantangelo(Hope I didn't butcher that) also said he believes it is in the Makeb patch, Hall Hood later stated on Twitter that what he said was correct, though that tweet was later removed, all we want to know is if that is true, if SGRA content is in Makeb, once we get that answered I imagine we can all move on.

Except they have, they stated that this year we would see SGRA content, lead PvP designer Gabe Amantangelo(Hope I didn't butcher that) also said he believes it is in the Makeb patch, Hall Hood later stated on Twitter that what he said was correct, though that tweet was later removed, all we want to know is if that is true, if SGRA content is in Makeb, once we get that answered I imagine we can all move on.

Theres alot of question marks regarding Makeb so im sure they are still trying to figure it out themselves. When Makeb gets released, If theres NO SGR you guys have a right to get mad at BW all you want i just dont think they will come out and confirm it because it might still be up in the air.. But if this feature is as anticipated as you say im sure they will include it in Makeb if they orginally said it would be in.

Theres alot of question marks regarding Makeb so im sure they are still trying to figure it out themselves. When Makeb gets released, If theres NO SGR you guys have a right to get mad at BW all you want i just dont think they will come out and confirm it because it might still be up in the air.. But if this feature is as anticipated as you say im sure they will include it in Makeb if they orginally said it would be in.

BW like every MMO has said a lot of things were confirmed to be coming "soon" ... doesn't mean they ever will... it's not a guarantee or a verbal contract as things are always subject to and usualy do change

This is the point we've been trying to make clear in multiple threads. We're not demanding that it be put in right now, we're not demanding they tell us every detail there is to know about it with an exact date and time of when we can expect to see it. We're just seeking clarification on a piece of content that we're interested in. It's exactly the same as people who make topics on F2P or a new warzone or the SSP. Yes we might not be as large in number as some of those crowds, but it doesn't mean we're not as interested in finding out what news we can.

Unfortunately a lot of people see a thread about SGRA's and assume that we're shouting about how we want it now, or complaining about it not being in yet or demanding to know every single detail about it. Time and time again we explain the situation and never seem to make any headway with the people we're trying to explain it to. Occasionally one of us might get a bit snappy, it's hardly surprising though if you see the sheer number of trolling or offensive or downright abusive posts we've had to tolerate repeatedly.

BW like every MMO has said a lot of things were confirmed to be coming "soon" ... doesn't mean they ever will... it's not a guarantee or a verbal contract as things are always subject to and usualy do change

Exactly.. Thats why they wouldnt want to confirm it for Makeb because things ARE always subject to change.. Thats the way i see it.

That's the point of the thread. We don't know if we should believe Gabe's interview or not since Hood's tweet linking to it was removed, so we're seeking clarification of if we should expect this content with Makeb or not.

I think the thing that is bugging people more than anything is the lack of confirmation, and why. When at first they say "yes, it's coming this year" and then near the end of the year it's "sorry, we have no information to give at this time". Just something like, "it hasn't been canceled, just delayed" or "we currently don't even have it on our timetable anymore because of changes". It just feels like somebody has the answer but they're withholding it for whatever reason. I'm curious what the reason is, I can't really think of any positive ones. At best it's as you suggest, they just haven't ironed out enough of the details yet.

It's not the only features that's been treated this way. Since we've seen a slight increase in developer communication, I hope this will be changing soon.