Updated! BOOM! Awesome clothing on the Cartel shop.

Tim-ONeil

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now everyone can look like Darth Vitkus, yaaaaaaaaaaay! :D

This how cartel thing looks very awesome, originally I thought it was just some random speeders and pets and I was like :confused:.

But know, finally, NEW ARMOUR! I've been waiting for some more decent armour, accessible armour not all this operation stuff, to be added and its finally here. I only hope this becomes an ongoing thing which is added to all the time, if it is then this game will officially become my favouritist game ever.

Oh and what colours are the Viktusey chestguards available in. By female sith warrior has those robes in purple (proper purple) but without the shoulder pads and a really want some because it will seem far more sith lordish. If if it doesn't though, i think I can work with red...

And how much gear is their available for Sith inquistors, because that class is in dire need of some new armour.

This may have already been answered...

Are these items (Orange) Moddable?

Modable, but purple rather then orange in all cases I believe.

Which raises an interesting question... will a Freeb have to also unlock "artifact" to wear this gear? Personally, as a subscriber I don't care.. but I figure it's good for a QQ or two in the forum if they do require it.

Edited by Andryah

Did I see that right? 1200 coins for an armor that's per toon? We know how much coins will actually cost yet?

It's too much to me too. If a player just subscribe now, at 200 cc/month, it needs 6 months to get a single suite. And I (like many other I guess) have no intention to pay more than subscription cost...

Which raises an interesting question... will a Freeb have to also unlock "artifact" to wear this gear? Personally, as a subscriber I don't care.. but I figure it's good for a QQ or two in the forum if they do require it.

I don't know. Apparently everyone on the PTS is set to free access and I was able to put it on for the screenshots.

There will be no QQ since there will be a "Silence of the Freebs" on these forums. :D

Just hopped on the PTS for a few minutes at work. The Cartel Pack is actually one of the cheapest items on the market place. This is the pack I am assuming everyone is hating on even though they have no idea what items are considered super rare and the one they want could be the most common item ever. I open 2 or 3 so far and here are the screens of what I got.

http://i.imgur.com/KDsH6.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ZrYlq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8k4ZT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vq6dQ.jpg

I couldn't try on the gear I created this char for this purpose, it also turned out to be female only clothing so I couldn't preview it either. I also got a pet, some of the XP boosts, companion gifts of varying qualities, some seemingly random crafting mats (20 of each, one stack Bio-Chem, one stack Artifice). I didn't check the Credit Boon thing as I didn't read the description until I posted the pics and thought it was a buff like the XP things.

Overall if you're going to spend all your coins on these things go for it. You'll definitely end up with a wide assortment of stuff. I was 2 for 3 on getting a piece of gear out of them so take that for what you will.

You can preview everything in the shop on you char. and you can also draw your weapon in the preview screen now. You can also move your char. side to side as well as rotate them in the preview screen too. There are some pretty cool things in there. I'm really like the grey Saberists Chest for my Shadow as well as the grey Stealth operative one. I think it's really cool that I'll be able get some dark/grey looking stuff for him as he is a Dark Side Jedi, think Anakin/Luke's black robes. And they don't have capes. Seriously there is so many things that have capes in this game.

I probably won't be spending any of my hard earned(read: free) coins on these until I get the rest of the stuff I want first, mostly because there is stuff already in the shop that I really like. Or maybe grabbing some if have all my monthly coins piling up not doing anything. From my very short experience with the shop it seems to be more of an add-on than an absolutely necessary part of the game at least for a subscriber.

Hmmmmm..

Is this not stuff that was removed during the beta being sold back to us?...

Though I think certain colours should be kept for Sith or Jedi to keep them clearly distinguishable like on current gear. Like red should only appear on Sith clothing and green/browns on Jedi (I'd say they should have kept these restrictions on saber colours as well, but meh).

Edited by NasherUK

Female only clothing that you can randomly get and it automatically binds? Really? Like...seriously?

Fail.

It's bound for 5 days then you sell it on the GTN/trade it/mail to an alt. Subscribers will have a shorter bind time but we are all counted as F2P on the PTS so I don't how much shorter. It's the opposite of what happens with Ops. drops instead of having only a certain time to trade to certain people with this system you have hold on to it for a certain amount of time then you can give it to anyone.

Pro Tip: Read things before making decisions.

Female only clothing that you can randomly get and it automatically binds? Really? Like...seriously?

Fail.

It unbinds after 5 days so you can sell it.

I had suggested the following be added for armor/clothing...

Since you already have the proper jacket for the smuggler, I would suggest you add the following items..all available at level 1

Pilot's Overcoat - medium armor - orange gear - for knights

This provides a plain white robe. I would recommend you add a plain black version for the Imperial side (on the Imperial side it is an open coat style robe with red accents...)

Would also be nice to add this as an adaptive item with white, black and grey versions, maybe even dark red. Doing so would probably be wildly popular, as many seem to ask for this type of plain robe quite often.

RD-13A Raider helmet - heavy armor - orange gear - for troopers

Riveted Chestguard - heavy armor - orange gear - for troopers

A helmet and armored chestpiece early on would be preferred, and this provides that look.

Blast guard helmet - heavy armor - orange gear - for BH

Assault Chestguard - heavy armor - orange gear - for BH

A helmet and armored chestpiece early on would be preferred, and this provides that look.

Adding the helmet as an adaptive item would be great for Sith as well.

Notices Sith Inquisitor-esque armor is avaliable for my Sith Jedi Knight that I've RPed as an Imperial Defector....

Drools.....

Words cannot express how much this armor avaliability will enhance my Characters RP within my guild. Now I can finally look like that sith defector that Ive always wanted my character to look like! That and I can now make my trooper have Jedi gear from her Jedi father, only gripe is that this should have been what Inheritance gear was, atleast this system finally does it right. Enough said.:rak_03:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.