Updated with Answers: Free-to-Play Questions? Ask them in this thread

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will BW be gouging its players to the max as expected and farming out content that SHOULD have been in game (in reality its been held back for FTP)...........FFS wake up players you morons!

The game is going F2P. We are all going to be extorted. There is nothing you can do about it. So complaining will not help you, and in fact shows us all that you are the moron.

Will we be able to get a Legacy Cargo Hold that is crossfaction? Kind of annoying to mail stuff from toon to toon

Will CE owners get an extra? We've been asking for a while now and got nothing. We spend a loooooot of money on CE with the promise that more stuff would be available after launch

Will Cartel Pack items be BoE and BoL?

Are you keeping Biometrics and Upari crystals as the "rare" mats or will you replace them with Molecular Stabs? Biometrics and Uparis are pretty much useless now that we have new gear that requires mol stabs and matrix'

Hello, I was just wondering if there will be a restricion on the Mods on purples as well as the actuall items for the free ppl??

IE: Can they just strip the mods and use them in orange items?? I currently do that myself for cosmetic reasons on a few toons, and I was just hoping that this is NOT allowed for the free accounts.

If they are allowed to do that, then it defeats the purpose of the restriction in the first place, and that would not be cool=(

1) How much are Cartel Coins going to cost in real dollars?

IE: I bring out the credit card and want 100 more cc's. That going to be $1 or $5 for 100 cc's?

2) Cargo Bay for Sub's. If I purchase an "Account Wide" Cargo bay does it incrementally add one to each existing character and future characters I create? So my 50 with 3 bays would get a 4th, but my new character would get a complete 2nd bay and my other toon with 2 would get a 3rd bay.

3) The Fleet Travel pass cost 90 cc's. It's consumed once used. Why? That seems pretty darn high for a one time item. I thought it was a permanent item with a cool down. (maybe I missed it in my legacy or general section)

4) Party Jawa? I didn't see him anywhere. This coming via ingame mail later on?

5) BRAVO on the "Free to Respec" that is awesome! Thank you

Will you release Revan's armor(Robes,mask....etc) in the Cartel Market? Seeing as it is a replica and not the real thing, there shouldn't be a problem. That's what people are saying about Nihilus's Mask. You can also find a page on wookieepedia on his mask and the powers it contains. Edited by SithEBM

The FAQ already addresses this:

Do I need to be a subscriber to receive my Cartel Coins when the Free-to-Play option becomes available?

"The Cartel Coins that are visible in your Ledger now will be granted to you when the Free-to-Play option becomes available as long as you have active game time on your account at that time.

Follow-up: Why do I have to have active game time to claim my earned Cartel Coins?

Yes and no. It seems to hint that some coins can be kept - it isn't 'black and white.' In short, why should my wife lose all 1500 cartel coins if she dumps her subscription three days before it goes FTP, even when she's been a loyal subscriber since release? That's simply inane.

My guess is she'll be able to get most of them refunded with a call to support.

Edited by GreySix

Yes and no. It seems to hint that some coins can be kept - it isn't 'black and white.' In short, why should my wife lose all 1500 cartel coins if she dumps her subscription three days before it goes FTP, even when she's been a loyal subscriber since release? That's simply inane.

My guess is she'll be able to get most of them refunded with a call to support.

I know you emphasis the three days to make it look ridiculous, but it seems clear the intention is that current subscribers will stay subscribed and use the points along with their subscription.

So if three days, why not three months? And that is a somewhat honest question, as that is the kind of move that could bring past subscribers back in some form. However, that sort of answers the original question: this is intended to keep current subscribers as future subscribers, not to give past subscribers a way to unlock some of the restrictions they will hit when they drop to F2P.

One of the subscriber benefits is increased XP over FTP players. How much more XP will subscribers receive? Regarding crew skills, if I cancel my subscription and choose the FTP route, I will be left with one crew skill. If through the cartel shop I unlock the other two crew skills I lost, will I have to re-level them?

Have another question gleaned from another thread:

Will there ever be a non-credit card/PayPal method to purchase Cartel Coins, like a GameCard?

Some of us are Premium Subscribers but aren’t comfortable linking a credit card number or PayPal account to our SWTOR account, especially in today’s environment of hackers (Sony’s PSN, Gawker, and a million other examples in the past two years).

Have another question gleaned from another thread:

Will there ever be a non-credit card/PayPal method to purchase Cartel Coins, like a GameCard?

Some of us are Premium Subscribers but aren’t comfortable linking a credit card number or PayPal account to our SWTOR account, especially in today’s environment of hackers (Sony’s PSN, Gawker, and a million other examples in the past two years).

One of those examples can also be when Warhammer over charged people for several months of subs at one time. I used game cards for Warhammer so I dodged that bullet. And a lot of those Mythic guys work on this game.

Can you explain the theory behind the +41 level 10 crystals? I know there is a lot of outcry on the forums claiming this is now becoming P2W. What are the numbers like in terms of damage difference especially in warzones between a +41 and a normal level 10 crystal?

Can you explain the theory behind the +41 level 10 crystals? I know there is a lot of outcry on the forums claiming this is now becoming P2W. What are the numbers like in terms of damage difference especially in warzones between a +41 and a normal level 10 crystal?

Since you get buffed to 49 in warzones, I would guess the number isn't that big. However, in PvE content I would guess it would make things very easy at the lower levels. Then balance out later.

Actually now that I think about it, it actually will help balance in PvP. Since we can have a for real 49 fighting a buff to 49, they would be closer to equal than before. That is if the for real 49 was properly equipped.

Edited by ShepardSpock