Updated with Answers: Free-to-Play Questions? Ask them in this thread

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why aren't the Chest pieces and the Armor Sets on the vendor Bind on Legacy?

Will they ever be?

Will there be an option to buy those Armor Sets // Chest Pieces (weapon) as Legacy gear?

Multiple threads about this and there is a lot of support to have these items as Bind on Legacy.

Is the patch on the PTS, 1.5, the full-on official F2P patch, or is this just adding the cartel coins store so that people can start spending cartel coins.

If so, or even if not, will server transfers become available with this patch?

Not sure if this has been asked yet, but will there be any way to move items to a different server? Like, for example, say I want a color crystal from a cartel bag on Red Eclipse. But I open the box on Harbinger...would there be any way to transfer the item over to the server I want it on? Or do I have to buy separate packs for both servers and just cross my fingers and wish on a lucky star that I get it on the server I want it on instead of the server I don't?

Hope that makes sense...

How does the process work when a subscriber becomes free to play to determine what characters and equipment they still have access to?

For example, if I have a level 50 character of a non FTP species with full storage unlocks and all purple gear, will I still be able to play this character if I convert to FTP? Will I need to purchase the equipment unlock to continue to use my purple gear? Or will the fact that this character existed before I switched automatically unlock those features for the character in question?

I would like to use my cartel coins to buy the ability to share my characters' cargo holds amongst themselves - any chance of being able to do that in the future? (or just give it to us as a Legacy perk...) Edited by pooks
typoc

Since Bioware believes there is enormous outcry for it, they should even make subs pay for it.

I beg your pardon? It was delayed because it was thought to be (and I quote former CM Stephen Reid) "interesting to smaller audiences". How does this equate to believing there is an enormous outcry for it?

That said, I'll reiterate the question:

Will same-gender romantic content be pay-to-unlock or, like more general story content, will it be freely available to subscribers and free players alike? This question has been pending since the Cartel shop was initially announced.

Will SGR, when it is finally implemented, be a pay to unlock feature or part of basic Free-to-Play?

Though I've already sent this question to Ms. Berryman, I'll throw in my support for the question here as well.

(In our little corner of Story and Lore, most us have agreed that Pay2Gay would be a bad thing.)

We have received what we can expect come F2P in the form of Cartel Coins via the link under our account page. However there were countless attempts to get official word of why those who have the exact same thing (Pre-ordered the Collectors Edition) and have been subbed since day one without a break, that have different Cartel Coin totals. As pre-order CE owners plus subbed since day one should be getting the full amount possible. Reports from others suggest this is not so.

Please explain what has happened here as many expressed being cheated by this finding. I await official reply.

Thank you.

Edited by xorcist

I have only 1 question and I don't know if it has already been answered or not, if so please direct me to where I can get the answer.

For sub players will there be options to buy more character slots? Subscribers having 12 slots already, but I would like to play all 16 classes on one server instead of having to go to a different server just to play the 4 classes that could not fit in the original server?

Why do other subscribers with the same version of the game as me (Collector's Edition) and have been subbed in the game since early access have an extra 150 (extra month) of cartel coins than I do.

Same version of the game and same time in game yet a difference of 150 cartel coins? They have 2500 and I have 2350...why?

Did you beta test? Are you a founder? Perhaps Founders got a little extra...

If I buy the class quest XP boosts from the legacy store, do they stack with the class quest XP boosts from the cartel store?

If they DONT stack and you have the legacy perk already and continue to subscribe then buying the boster should be greyed out and disaloud. To prevent you from waisting money...errr ummm forgot this is EA crap...

I beg your pardon? It was delayed because it was thought to be (and I quote former CM Stephen Reid) "interesting to smaller audiences". How does this equate to believing there is an enormous outcry for it?

That said, I'll reiterate the question:

Will same-gender romantic content be pay-to-unlock or, like more general story content, will it be freely available to subscribers and free players alike? This question has been pending since the Cartel shop was initially announced.

Only if theres adequate parental locks on the cartel market. There needs to be purchase limits anyway so kids dont charge up the credit accounts.

Which brings me to my question.

Will I as a parent be able to via a website or the game itself be able to lock down all or part of the monitary functions of the game. I want to alot x amount per month. I want to know the exact costs per coin. Ide also like the option in game to see dollar amounts instead of coin amounts. Will I be able to convert ingame currency to coins. I can do this with Guild Wars 2. I can convert gold to gems to buy keys to open lockboxes I loot from mobs or quests...

Only if theres adequate parental locks on the cartel market.

The implication being that children should not be exposed to romance? Or just romance between two people of the same gender? Why don't we ask Bioware to remove ALL romance story arcs and then make us pay for them, with parental locks in place of course. After all, romance isn't something we want our kids exposed to right? -_-

The implication being that children should not be exposed to romance? Or just romance between two people of the same gender? Why don't we ask Bioware to remove ALL romance story arcs and then make us pay for them, with parental locks in place of course. After all, romance isn't something we want our kids exposed to right? -_-

I will forgo one to block another sure. I believe the option should be there for those who want to partake. Just give me the option to block it in my house with MY family. I said nothing about you and yours.

However I realized if its in the cartel shop then all I need is a block to purchases. This way If my child wants something they can ask me for it. I have younger children who love starwars. I never see same gender content on the clone wars cartoon or in the movies or any of the starwars content.

I played through Mass Effect first before deciding if my child could play. I didnt let him play. Hes not old enough to understand whats goin on. I fear with the mass influx of younger players on the F2P model some parents wont be as savy to know Biowares previous games which did have SGRA. Just give parents the option and everyone is happy. Don't ban it from all just let me ban it..

Edited by ZORG

I will forgo one to block another sure. I believe the option should be there for those who want to partake. Just give me the option to block it in my house with MY family. I said nothing about you and yours.

However I realized if its in the cartel shop then all I need is a block to purchases. This way If my child wants something they can ask me for it. I have younger children who love starwars. I never see same gender content on the clone wars cartoon or in the movies or any of the starwars content.

I played through Mass Effect first before deciding if my child could play. I didnt let him play. Hes not old enough to understand whats goin on. I fear with the mass influx of younger players on the F2P model some parents wont be as savy to know Biowares previous games which did have SGRA. Just give parents the option and everyone is happy. Don't ban it from all just let me ban it..

This isn't a game for young children, it's a game for teenagers and adults. No, you don't see same-sex components in the Clone Wars and the movies, because all the ignorant homophobes would be burning down Lucasarts if they tried it, such is the state of the world. I'm not against having purchase restrictions to ensure younger players (who aren't paying for the content themselves) don't go OTT, but singling out same-sex storylines as a key argument for adding child-locks is a poor and invalid point.

From a money perspective, I understand. From a "I don't want my kids to suddenly and miraculously be convinced they are gay because they saw two animated people kiss" perspective, I will never understand, or support.

What happens to some of the stuff we have unlocked while being a subscriber currently, but looking to go F2P when it launches?

- Most of my characters are in full Artifact (purple) gear, will they just become naked since you need to unlock being able to wear Artifact quality gear?

- Most of my characters have fully, or fully minus 1, expanded inventories, will those automatically reduced when F2P hits? Or will I be able to keep the increased space, since I already paid for it?

- Same goes for Cargo Holds?

- Do I lose legacy perks that I have already purchased during my time as a subscriber?

- With the credit limit of 200k, once I spend some of that money, will it just be refilled with my excess of over 1M credits? Or are those credits essentially locked/lost until I subscribe again?

All of my questions are asked already in this thread my problem is, none of them are answered. Can we get some answers please?

Are transfers going to come? If so are they going to be purchased by the cartel coins?

What will happen if we play as a sub for a while and then go FT2?

If you buy a legacy cargo hold does it work cross faction?

Will the new race Cathgar end up being something we gotta buy with the coins?

All these questions have been asked. I hate to ask them again, but there are no answers. Please, when can we get some?

Hello!

Just a real quick question. I have some friends that are interested in playing SWTOR for the first time once Free to Play launches. My question is, if I refer a friend that decides to play Free to Play style, does that award the promotional speeder to me, or do they have to actually subscribe? I'm assuming the person playing Free to Play style will still have to buy a retail copy of the game, so I am wondering if that is enough to award for the promotion.

Thanks!