• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tank out damaging primary DPS.

Healers putting up pedestrian numbers.

Two quitters..

Overall, bads being bad.....

This, boys and girls, is what ruins non-ranked WZ.

This, a million times this. It doesn't matter if the other team had a premade or not, you had 7 window licking mouth breathers for teammates. 8v1 ahgs don't usually work out well. **** like this is the reason I started grouping for pvp whenever possible, backpack is only so big

Looks like they were busy playing objectives.

I hope that was a joke or you were referring to the other team.

On Cash's team I count 4 people with 0 objective points.

Their highest objective points player was 5,750 compared to the enemies highest being 11,250 and second highest being 8,500

The rest of his team were 3,750 or less (including Cash, shame on you!).

I also not that not a single player including Cash (though his damage was about 150k higher than the other teams top damage dealer, and over 350k more than his teams second damage) on his team killed more than 6 players.

The entire other team had 18 or more, Including one 27.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I'll be the first to say scoreboards can't tell you the whole story, but that one does a pretty good job.

Yeah but that was hypergate, you need to be able to kill the other team in order to win. If you cannot control mid and are getting constantly pushed out you will get rolled every time.

This, a million times this. It doesn't matter if the other team had a premade or not, you had 7 window licking mouth breathers for teammates. 8v1 ahgs don't usually work out well. **** like this is the reason I started grouping for pvp whenever possible, backpack is only so big

There is no reason for name calling. You, and several others in this forum, dismiss anyone who does not meet your standards as a waste of space. You call them, "window licking mouth breathers" as if your success in a GAME is somehow an indicator of your mental status. You have lost all touch with reality, and for that your word here falls on deaf ears.

There have been matches where I've only put out ~100k damage and as much protection as my taunts get me.

There have been matches where I put out ~600k damage and 300k protection.

And there have been the rare match where I do less of both than anyone on the team, and I take more damage and die alot.

His screenshot looks to me like focus fire and higher coordination. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the hallmark of premades.

Casually grouping to play with friends isn't the problem with premades. The problem comes in when ranked teams who practice like this is truly war (or football, if you're from Texas like me) join in on the casual party. It's no longer fun for anyone but them. In the end, this will be the downfall of PvP for all of us.

Think of it like a company softball league. These guys play for fun, and for the most part they enjoy it. It's relaxed, casual, and there is no status to be had from demolishing the other team. Typically everyone shakes hands and says "good game" or "Hell of a play you made, Bill" afterwards.

Now tell the same league that their new opponents are the Texas Rangers, and the game is no longer softball but rather baseball. Tell them that sometimes they will have to play the whole Rangers team, and sometimes they will only play half. Also, remind them that they will be lots of trash talking, sunflower seed spitting, and teammates yelling at you for an error.

The game would no longer be fun. The same applies to PvP. You can try to argue counterpoints, but there are none to be made. Casual players have no interest in the higher level tactics, and they have no interest in playing premades and getting rolled. They will simply stop playing, and you won't have PvP anymore.

Edited by maverickmatt

Maybe you should...play the game instead of spamming grav round.

sounds like you know how to play merc/mando.....

which is why we lost so badly? b/c they were doing the objectives? :rolleyes:

You were playing a pub...

'Nuff said

hehe, i havent had a pug experience this bad in a while tho. even had folks in ops chat whining that the other team had a premade and we should just give up. it was quite /facepalm-ey :D

Edited by cashogy_reborn

There is no reason for name calling. You, and several others in this forum, dismiss anyone who does not meet your standards as a waste of space. You call them, "window licking mouth breathers" as if your success in a GAME is somehow an indicator of your mental status. You have lost all touch with reality, and for that your word here falls on deaf ears.

There have been matches where I've only put out ~100k damage and as much protection as my taunts get me.

There have been matches where I put out ~600k damage and 300k protection.

And there have been the rare match where I do less of both than anyone on the team, and I take more damage and die alot.

His screenshot looks to me like focus fire and higher coordination. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the hallmark of premades.

Casually grouping to play with friends isn't the problem with premades. The problem comes in when ranked teams who practice like this is truly war (or football, if you're from Texas like me) join in on the casual party. It's no longer fun for anyone but them. In the end, this will be the downfall of PvP for all of us.

Think of it like a company softball league. These guys play for fun, and for the most part they enjoy it. It's relaxed, casual, and there is no status to be had from demolishing the other team. Typically everyone shakes hands and says "good game" or "Hell of a play you made, Bill" afterwards.

Now tell the same league that their new opponents are the Texas Rangers, and the game is no longer softball but rather baseball. Tell them that sometimes they will have to play the whole Rangers team, and sometimes they will only play half. Also, remind them that they will be lots of trash talking, sunflower seed spitting, and teammates yelling at you for an error.

The game would no longer be fun. The same applies to PvP. You can try to argue counterpoints, but there are none to be made. Casual players have no interest in the higher level tactics, and they have no interest in playing premades and getting rolled. They will simply stop playing, and you won't have PvP anymore.

It's dumb to even compare RL to this situation. There is a huge skill level difference between a pro team and a casual team. As it relates to this game the skill level required to be decent is low as hell, let alone competent. When you see that screenshot, the conclusion I come to is my 7yr old could put up better numbers.

sounds like you know how to play merc/mando.....

which is why we lost so badly? b/c they were doing the objectives? :rolleyes:

hehe, i havent had a pug experience this bad in a while tho. even had folks in ops chat whining that the other team had a premade and we should just give up. it was quite /facepalm-ey :D

Just because I proved you wrong, doesn't mean you got to get butthurt about it.

Don't take things so personal.

Looking back, it looks like you didn't bother protecting your healers. So much for teamwork on your end. :rolleyes:

Edited by TridusSWTOR

I'm not removing most of your post to only reply to this piece or that, but rather cause I only quoted it to signify who I'm talking to.

I am aware (and guilty of it myself) that a lot of name-calling and insults have been thrown around here, but also realize it's been back and forth both ways. My personal favorite directed at me is provided by Comftertbilly here:

"Rise to our opponents" Pfft bite me. You are masquerading your egotistical chest-thumping around in the place of an argument then saying "hey why don't you want to join my argument". You don't have one. You have only bias, which yeah the girl everyone wants to have in their premade might as well be biased instead of face the likelihood that they too are a bad being carried.

This thread (and probably the reason Dev's aren't posting in it) lost any real sense of argument a long time ago. There's a few gems of debate here and there, but over all PuG-centric solo-queue'rs call those who group Bullies, Jerks, No-lifers, etc... And Premade/Group-centric get tired of explaining over and over and resort to L2P, window lickers, etc... Guess my main point is everyone's guilty there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The "real sport" examples have been used before, and they just don't work. They sound nice, but in reality we're not talking about paid professionals invading a company softball game. The regular warzone queue is free for anyone to join, and is not designated for "casual-only." It's only real restriction is 1-4 players can group and I've already stated those who try to get around that are exploiting, report them.

Beyond that, PuG-centric players need to lose the mentality that regular is some how their bracket. Once they stop thinking their opponents should be casual too, they might realize they either need to up their game to have fun like the rest of the players or stop caring about winning (or "having a chance!" in case anyone wants to use that line).

Regular is everyone's playground.

just did this warzone. my team appeared to be full pug, the enemy team had a 4-man premade.

someone explain to me why we lost.

http://i.imgur.com/Cikl5VH.jpg

I'm betting at least two of those teammates are actively on this thread QQing about premades.

If the objective is being a terrible albatross to their team, then indeed, gold medals.

Edited by islander

Just because I proved you wrong, doesn't mean you got to get butthurt about it.

Don't take things so personal.

Looking back, it looks like you didn't bother protecting your healers. So much for teamwork on your end. :rolleyes:

proved me wrong? you said "nice grav round spam" which a) shows you are a noob and b) is entirely irrelevant to the outcome of the warzone.

protect my healers? i play a commando, i have no taunts/guard. :rolleyes: the only thing i can do is peel with CC and knockback (which does not show on the scoreboard). which only helps so much, and a bad healer is still gonna die. ie, if i knockback several enemies from the healer, and then the healer does not reposition to further increase distance from the enemy, the healer is going to die.

that comfertibility guy also said that grouping for regs was equivalent to sexually assaulting young girls....

so ye id say the "pro solo queue" team was winning the insult war :rolleyes:

I am still waiting on a SS from him showing those premades stomping. I would venture to guess it will have a similar look to the one you provided.....

Well said buddy. See you in game.

Oh I get it now. Topping dmg charts is what separates the pros from the bads. Glad that's cleared up now.

Much more so then the opposite scenario.

Objectives aren't accomplished without, you know, actually killing your opponent.

There are obviously situations where DPS alone doesn't matter, but by and large, if you can't perform your role at a fundamental level - whether its healing, dps, or protection, then yes, you are terrible and shouldn't be queueing - practice in pve more - you know, the minor leagues.

this thread is good for finding people to add to my ignore list :)

Hypergate is the one WZ where killing is actually an objective. Damage is key to killing.

Huttball is the WZ in which damage matters least. In all the node capping WZs killing (damage) is key to capping unless you are playing terribad window lickers.

The only objective where damage (heals, protection) does not matter is node guarding.

Ah so much entitlement. You see how easily this poster says their rights are better than anyone NOT him?

It's funny because separate queue's don't actually remove groups. They just encourage more group vs group play and solo vs solo play. Kinda like what CoD does...you know the biggest selling Multiplayer game ever? I guess in his version of the world, separate queue's means no more grouping ever....said noone.

Kinda seems posters like this want to keep the norm, why? Because is doesn't promote competition, in fact it draws people away more than lures players into PVP.

All I have to do, is point at our current ranked pvp state. What can you point too? ;)

Just sayin'

COD has a pool of millions of players. SWTOR barely has over 1.5 million TOTAL PLAYERS! Without cross server queue guess what? group only queue would not work. Do you think it really would be wise to punish people that wish to play with their friends? Be it either good or bad? I mean not every premade is "good" some premades may be a bunch of friends who just want to have a good time. Should those players be tossed in a queue with the big fish in the pond simply because they had the desire to group up and hang out with one another while playing?

Problem is without cross server queues, tor servers do not have the population to have a smarter match making system. End of story, you a are beating a dead horse.

Well said buddy. See you in game.