PVP FotM

Ereck

Hey there,

its quite some time since i played..... so there are some questions for PvP ( tho i heared imbalenced.... )

Whats the best classes atm?

Still DPS Sorc?

Merc ?

Lemme know so i can jump on the train lol

What is ironic is both specs/classes he listed are the weakest in pvp now.

Ops healers are honestly insane atm. They are more tank than any tank class.

Sents rock, but not a lot of people play them well. Powertechs are deadly, but squishy as hell, and a tad over rated imho, and they were recently nerfed.

I see more snipers now than ever, I think they might be the new secret FOTM, but no one wants to let on.

Hey there,

its quite some time since i played..... so there are some questions for PvP ( tho i heared imbalenced.... )

Still DPS Sorc?

Merc ?

Juggie sssmmmaaassshhhhhhh

Hey there,

Still DPS Sorc?

Merc ?

Dps sorc/Merc are no longer.

Current FotM you want to look into are

1. Pyrotech Power Tech (slightly nerfed in 1.4).

2. Marauder any spec

3. LoLDerpaSmash Juggernaut.

4. Hybrid Tankasin.

5. Sniper.

If you want to PvP really effective with literally no learning curve and easy to faceroll with you got 2 top choice, Derpasmash Juggernaut and Pyro PT.

If you want to PvP really effective with literally no learning curve and easy to faceroll with you got 2 top choice, Derpasmash Juggernaut and Pyro PT.

Lol u must be kidding right? they got buffed now they have extra AOE that shared same cooldown before 1.4

Lol u must be kidding right? they got buffed now they have extra AOE that shared same cooldown before 1.4

Edit: oh I read your post you are referring to PT ED and TD no longer shares a CD. Well yea in that aspect their short turn burst is increased but at least they cant light you up and make you explode for 75% of your HP from 30m away before they get to their 10m max burst range. to me it is overall a "slight" nerf. Hence to me Pyro PT and DerpaSmash Jugg is still the king of derpa-style FotM tho. (thats why I suggested the 2 as the top choices).

Edited by warultima

Unfortunately both the classes you mentioned are what I have; both war hero's. And they both suck. Squishest classes in game.

Best classes right now for Ranked are Maraauders & Powertechs and for healing it's Operatives.

Well, they were both very popular and considered overpowered at the beginning of the game - which is the point of this thread, it seems - so that's what you get.

Real tanks are pretty hard to find these days, go play one of those.

Mostly because real tanking is thankless, soul-destroying and frankly suicidal role, especially if your PUG has no healers. Doesn't really matter if you do have a healer though because they'll be marked and - guarded or not. - be dead in seconds if the other team have half a clue how to play.

If people are wondering where all the lolsmash spec guardians are suddenly appearing from, I'd look no further than a bunch of really disillusioned ex-tanks ;)

Mostly because real tanking is thankless, soul-destroying and frankly suicidal role, especially if your PUG has no healers. Doesn't really matter if you do have a healer though because they'll be marked and - guarded or not. - be dead in seconds if the other team have half a clue how to play.

If people are wondering where all the lolsmash spec guardians are suddenly appearing from, I'd look no further than a bunch of really disillusioned ex-tanks ;)

A good tank can keep a good healer going for a long time. Though I do agree about tanking being a relatively thankless and unappreciated role, I don't think you know what disillusioned means.

I know exactly what disillusioned means - I am a full-augmented war hero defense specced valor rank 87 guardian... I know how to play the game and sure, give me a good healer and I'll keep them standing for a while (although it depends a lot on just who is attacking them, and whether they manage to throw me the occasional heal). Trouble is much of the time there are no healers in the group at all... or they're so badly equipped and / or clueless that you might as well respec to DPS, as you can protect via taunt just as well in either spec and your personal survivability actually goes up, because you have a decent chance at removing some enemy DPS from the field.

Being some sort of masochist I still persevere with tanking... but the discrepancy between the DPS and defensive roles has grown wider - especially since some people have gotten to the point of figuring out (and affording) the 'best' combinations of modded gear. Even the DPS guys in my own guild think the pendulum has swung a bit too far in their favour for a while now

Edited by Cybermeister

Hey there,

Still DPS Sorc?

Merc ?

Run away man. This games pvp is atrocious right now. I quit a few days ago. CC is out of control. I was nearly perma stunned in a rated match from sorceror bubbles exploding and other forms of cc. Fought that same team a few times (why is rated server only?... lol).. It was gross really. But if you want to know about effective classes in PVP, all of them have potential in pvp to be great, the overpowered ones are Marauder (any spec......), Rage Warriors and Powertechs.

You can do great damage as a Mercenary so dont misunderstand that, however when you get attacked, the gameplay is non-existant and extremely boring. This is the case with most of the classes - range especially.

Marauders for example, don't care if they're being attacked, they can vanish (while taking less dmg), cloak of pain (-20% dmg across the board..), invincibility for 4 sec when they get low health, lifesteal on bleeds. And when they get attacked your almost rewarding them b/c they can go berserk faster. Juggys in certain spec can do the same, Powertechs to a degree.

Good luck man i hope you have fun. I'm running for the hills myself.

Edited by Warlord_Maliken

Hey there,

Still DPS Sorc?

Merc ?

Great. Just what we need. Another FOTM Reroller. :rolleyes:

2. Marauder any spec

3. LoLDerpaSmash Juggernaut.

4. Hybrid Tankasin.

5. Sniper.

I would definitely also add Deception/Infiltration Assassin to that list. The changes made in 1.4 puts it right near the top in my opinion -- I'm having a blast playing my sin since I re-subbed. Can't wait to see how it is when I get out of BM gear and into WH. :)

Well, I have a PT and he was great but the nerf really hurt. They want you to be a melee class with no gap closer. A mara will destroy you with ease....every time, all the time.

Also, DPS sorc are not so bad against PTs, you can snare them so they cant get their 10m ranged abilities off, same for snipers.

Howevery, Ops are extremely powerful as well. I see them anally violating my PT all the time.

Lastly, PvP in this game should be called CC spam because that is what it is and OPs have the most spamable CC. I have been in WZs where I spent more time CCd than fighting back. I actually recorded a few WZs and went back to look when combat started and ended and I spent more time CC'd than fighting back.....I hate this game and am just waiting till Rift's expansion releases.

I wish SWG was still around.......

Well, I have a PT and he was great but the nerf really hurt. They want you to be a melee class with no gap closer. A mara will destroy you with ease....every time, all the time.

Also, DPS sorc are not so bad against PTs, you can snare them so they cant get their 10m ranged abilities off, same for snipers.

Howevery, Ops are extremely powerful as well. I see them anally violating my PT all the time.

Lastly, PvP in this game should be called CC spam because that is what it is and OPs have the most spamable CC. I have been in WZs where I spent more time CCd than fighting back. I actually recorded a few WZs and went back to look when combat started and ended and I spent more time CC'd than fighting back.....I hate this game and am just waiting till Rift's expansion releases.

I wish SWG was still around.......

You are horrible if you are getting owned by Operatives as a PT, do yourself a favor and don't PvP anymore. PT do have a gap closer, it's called grapple. Don't use it to start the fight, use it when you have already bursted some and they try to run away.

Edited by Devilk