Companions 101: Kaliyo Djannis

CourtneyWoods

I would like to see more about Jaesa as well as Vector, Kira,Doc,Raina and several others whos names I have either Forgotten or don't know. Don't really like Kaliyo very much, don't get me wrong shes an interesting character. Just don't like her personality all that much. Edited by Kyriosgundam

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a bunch of tripe if you ask me.

Kaliyo is a psychopath who does not think twice of murdering friends from her past. The character is completely immoral and deserves no position as a crew member. A padded cell would be more appropriate. The other agent agent companions at least have some likeable qualities...not this nut.

I'm guessing you aren't much of a roleplayer. Kaliyo is a backstabbing anarchist powder-keg; she's the perfect foil to my calculating, careful, light-side manipulator Agent. You keep her good and close, give her enough rope and (sorry to mix the metaphor) pull the rug out from under her just to keep her on her toes. Great fun!

Chapter one spoiler

Oh, you want to betray your old associate? Yeah, no. Sorry - I know we came halfway across the galaxy to track her down, but I warned her and let her go. My bad.

The Many Faces of Kaliyo Djannis

Companions have always been an important aspect to BioWare games and it is no different with The Old Republic. However, since SWTOR is an MMO, the developers felt like a feature had to be added so that the player felt like there was uniqueness to their companions. This is where companion customizations come into play. These customizations are purely aesthetic, leaving your choices in game to influence your companion’s personality, but is a great feature to further shape your own Star Wars™ adventure.

Kaliyo has eight standard customizations to choose from – check out the screenshots below!

First let me say I enjoyed the article.

Then I have an issue with the companion supposedly great customization. A pool of eight choices is nothing especially as we are forced to use specific companions because of the lack of companions roles choices.

........=> Players have been asking for whole body tweaking on companions and being able to "overwrite" displayed companions names with player chosen nicknames.

Doing the above could go very well along the F2P system and then it would mean choices, real choices.

Edited by Deewe

Loved the article and can't wait to see more on the companions.

I'm not a huge fan of bald women, but I like Kaliyo's flirty, sarcastic, deadpan humor personality.

Next for republic I'd like to hear about Elara Dorn

Next empire probably Jaesa.

Next republic Risha

I hope you keep this series going and we get to see all of them.

Already said it on Twitter, but thanks so much for starting this series up, I hope it continues regularly :)

Haven't played an Agent myself, but playing sidecar with my BFF, I think one of my favorite moments was on Alderaan

where the nobleman that the Agent is dealing with is apparently taken with Kaliyo. XD

Was just totally unexpected and laugh-out-loud.

For future segments, hmm...

Gault - There have got to be a million things we don't know about him :D

Torian - I'd love to know a bit about his growing up as arue'tal...

Quinn - Definitely would love a little insight into what makes this guy tick.

SCORPIO - because I'm afraid to ask her myself. :x

Tharan - idle curiosity, since I know a lot of people hate this guy. XD

I'd also be interested, although I suppose it's potentially spoiler-laden territory, to hear about the connections between companions from different storylines, there are a few!

I'd like to see Khem Val because he's such an amazing character and a mysterious one too. Yes we know he likes to eat people and has been trapped in a tomb by Tulak Hord for centuries. But that's about it. What I want to know is:

Where did he come from?

Did he have a family?

What exactly led him to become a servant of Tulak Hord?

Why did Tulak imprison him?

What's his beef with Zash?

What exactly does he think of the inquisitor? W

hat does he want? (despite gorging himself on Jedi filth :p)

Vote Khem Val! :D

I get the feeling you haven't played through all the companion story with him.

I'm pretty sure all those questions were answered, many of them quite early on.

For me, I like Kaliyo, she is dark side, but not without reason. I can get by the baldness, tattoos and jewellery no problem too. How can you be into SF and not did chicks with weird colours, and facial features?!?! ;)

Edited by Evgen

She is a good tank for my operative healer and I used her all the way till I got SCORPIO. That said, I never trusted her and I never will, but at least she laid out her cards from the beginning and it is clear that she will backstab me whenever she gets the chance. Good thing that my agent is female and I would much rather romance Vector. He is a bug boy but at least he got my back.

Want to see:

- Blizz

- Scourge

- Dr Lokin

Would love to see Vector on Emp and Scourge on Rep.

As an aside, I couldn't stand Kaliyo after the first planet and kept wishing there was an option to blow her out an airlock or leave her stranded on some asteroid headed for a star. Why is one of the most caustic personalities and worst tanks strapped to a squishy and fantastically designed character for so long? Having her around completely broke the immersion of playing a no-nonsense, ****** James Bond type figure as at least the way I played him, she would have had a bullet in her head ages ago.

I'd love to read about Ashara Zavros. Yes, she's a bit dumb at times, but really so sweet. ^_^

Kaliyo was weird the whole time, though. Up to this day, reading about her, I couldn't quite put my finger as on to why is she still with Imperial Intelligence after the first few days XD I was sure she'd bail by the end of Chapter 1.