PvP Community

lovenotwar

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate you know thats not true, i know you want to try dig under my skin, and tbh i dont give a **** what you say... ive proven with out a doubt how well i can play my class.. even if we are considered weak.

If you didn't care you wouldn't come here quoting me when it has nothing to do with you in the first place lol.

No one considers Arsenal/Gunnery weak everybody knows its weak

you do what with out a pocket healer sit at 30m range spamming tracer missile/vent heat on CD? Nice work il award you with tracer spammer on the month if it means that much to you

/yawn.

If you didn't care you wouldn't come here quoting me when it has nothing to do with you in the first place lol.

you do what with out a pocket healer sit at 30m range spamming tracer missile/vent heat on CD? Nice work il award you with tracer spammer on the month if it means that much to you

/yawn.

Sorry what, couldn't hear you over your flame burst spam...

Hihi,

Mosh mentioned that ppl started calling his list of players as "Elite" and I thought I'd give it a look over since its always interesting to see what Dalborra's pvpers are thinking.

•Commando/Mercenary

-Chasity

-Charmabeast(doing better as of late)

-Fabianna

-Angelol(w/e his merc name is, I forgot)

I can't comment on the list beyond saying most of its about right and that, as always, there are ppl missing. That said, the Com/Merc tickled me a little because of its gender composition and I know of a few more females that I'd put on that list; I reckon its got something to do with the level of intuition required to play that class properly.

Why do the master players not step up more often and lead ? Is it just a case of, they have being doing it so long, and probably in other MMOS too so they cant really be assed, because many will not come back ? or similar ?

Personally, laziness does play a huge part in not leading (I wanted VR100 just so I didn't have to), but theres always the possibility that your team mates would know better ways of dealing with things. Even if they don't and they're trying something new, there's always the possibility that they'll learn a new way to exploit the opposition, which is always good. One person always leading makes the game stale and ppl often get irritated when told to do something; much better to adapt to the newbies and let them learn while silently carrying them from the sides, or if that's not possible, letting them know what you're going to do so that they can choose what to do themselves. Its better to offer corrective advice after a game since they can then correlate cause to effect and don't have to take you at face value.

Dunno about you but I wouldn't call Gunnery Commandos who spam Explosive Round "elite"

I would. Explosive Round is so far from the usual Gunnery Priority List that using it implies fairly unique circumstances. There are better abilities for single autotargeted dps, for dps while moving, and for instant aoe; however no other skill does all three for gunnery. So if a Gunnery Commando is using it, barring nubness, the player was probably in a situation where he couldn't stand still and needed to do minor damage to multiple targets immediately e.g. last man standing with multiple reds on you with multiple reds planting. Afaik, all troopers have it so some vanguard specs would (and have) benefit from its uniqueness as well.

lol when i see a aresenal/gunnery merc/commando in a wz i facepalm

Its unfortunate but yeah most mercs and commandos just can't play gunnery in pvp. I quite like your videos and can completely understand why you can't play arsenal but that's fine since pyro's there and is definitely better suited to your talents. If you ever find that you don't have the luxury of surviving encounters, arsenal might make sense to you then, but otherwise just stick with pyro; much simpler and satisfying to most ppl.

From Mosh's post, I think he was referring to Ange's healer toon?

I <3 Ange's merc, I just follow him on Temerance all the time doing mediocre dps, and whenever he gets somewhere its inevitably a point where an objective's about to be achieved, so I peel off for a rotation, make sure the objective's not taken, and go back to Ange and resume looking like I'm trying to take Ange down. It also makes his heals and my dps seem larger, so no one loses much out of it.

I believe carthy was talking about chasity.

Could be, Explosive Round's my goto button for fast prevention of door plants; I run out of the timer gate, stay behind the front ranks to prevent being cc'ed, then use Explosive Round at range to prevent multiple reds from planting the door. Its great for doing the same from behind pillars too. I'd hate to think that's all Carthy see's me do, because that would be lol in so many ways.

Unfortunately, I think its supposed to be that way tho. In almost every way the spec is tightly tuned so as to not appear unreasonably OP. The ability to play with the opposition's perception of their team's state necessarily comes with the opposition's ability to prevent that from happening, ergo our apparent weakness. If a skilled gunnery/arsenal user survives, even if they're being attacked consistently, they will win the encounter for their team.

Lastly, I have enormous respect for Kript and Chasity for making the most hated PvP advanced class work for them when noone else seems to be able to pull off DPS Commando/Mercenary (at least on our server).

Lastly, giving kudos for the above statement; tis always a pleasure playing with Valorous (I know Elkizrah said something similar).

tl;dr? Its ok, this post probably wasn't for you.

Just threw together random gameplay footage from last night. First time I've tried posting a vid and hopefully within the week I'll throw some bad *** scenes together and make a montage if I ever stop being lazy

Nothing special. Just vigilance spec in tank stance, guarding streelclaw, wishing I had more focus and melee dmg from shien stance QQ

P.S. I guess fraps records w/e music I'm listening to at the time, didn't mean for it to be on there but oh well

Edited by Mosh_Mosh_Mosh

I wouldn't have said it if it wasn't his first toon.

dueled him a little bit on corruscant. has potential i reckon.

Pre 50 I was on Jekk Jekk Tarr server... did we play then?

Ah ok, my mistake. I'm thinking of someone (a Juggernaut) on the Imperial faction that has a very similar name. Sorry :cool:

@ Leo : I'm sure we would have played against each other, as I was also from JJT. But in terms of what I stated earlier, I thought Mosh was talking about someone else.

Edited by BennyKrak

guess it's about time i do one of these ( i nicked rorcks list and edited it, did someone say lazy)

Republic

Sentinel: Frogalicious, Angelol, Atrisa (Ewa), Temerance,Foenixx,Siar'a-jade

Guardian: Moshie, Aznpower, Avmuse

(to make this clear the pecking order goes Azn>Moshie>Me>Avmuse ( very close behind me but plays lolsweeps too much)

Sage: Edu,Cortrella, Zanshiri, Sheayrts,Nexz ,Deathangel, Na'aki, Sayana,there is two from Corvus that i won't name mostly because when ive vs'ed them they don't move enough and make themselves easy targets

Shadow:Bulletpower,Silentdeath, Ewa (hits like a truck), Selianne(hits like a bigger truck), Jwalsh(hits like a semi), Raymass(aka Raydawg)

Commando: Charmabeast, Chasity, Toughmudder, Arri, Nezz,Rorck(i stole his list he deserves a mention)

Vanguard: Pixiee , Tetsujin , Seis, Izo, Kalaan ( so damn hard to kill), Armand,J'hellsing (didn't want to cause he can be a loudmouth but he does play his class well)

Scoundrel: Steelclaw, Atton, Crumb, Snivy, Celo (scred to Vs him, even more scared when i see his dps outdo my sent in a raid), Toefu, Krackerz(most OP foodstuffs there is), Heala (im still counting this even if it's been stripped), Blackmunky, Buenos, Artemiss (expecially when paired with Celo)

Slinger: Varlan

Imp

Marader: Lycaon ( im actualy 100% scared of running into him), Gamblor,Learon ( think thats right, been hitting harder of late)

Jugg: Sion (by far the best smasher alive, good stuff ewa), Atrummos (gota give credit where due), the rest are just Hulksmash and are bad at it

Sorc: Veronika, Labyrinth, Whisps, Tryice(think thats the spelling)

Sin: Flash'Gordon, Czevak, Saedus (only one to troll heal right next to me in a hutball),Murburk,Martain

Merc: Daffydil, Kript,Angedude (kev's pocket healer)

PowerTech: Carthy, Valkyrii,Noodles (insane for pve gear)

Op: Viktoria, Ganj,Timboh's op( dono what timboh spelling it is)

Sniper: Kevayrts, Murtagh ( can't spell it)

i did want to put Kramar and Mi'ri in there but im fairly sure they don't play much anymore so i didn't

i also wanted to put Snugglepot in but he doesn't play anymore too

Special Shoutout to Mjrat, keep coming my way i like the free kills you provide

Edited by BattleGracefully

Guardian: Moshie, Aznpower, Avmuse

(to make this clear the pecking order goes Azn > Moshie

..Azn > Moshie.. to make this clear :)

(20ms) (300ms)

Not letting my padawan be put ahead of me without a fight >: I

P.S. Azn is in hong kong now so his ping is around 180ms now.

Edited by Mosh_Mosh_Mosh

I haven't doing doing level 50 PvP for very long, but these are some players that I think excel in their respective classes.

Scoundrel: Steeclaw, Celo, Buenos, Toefu.

Gunslinger: Haven't really noticed any that stood out.

Vanguard: Pixie, only vanguard that's given me trouble.

Commando: Arri is a good healer and Vesk has a habit of grav-rounding me, that's about it.

Guardian: Keiga, Sotoe (if only for his 100 Valor), Lucasjodokast (ganked me in the Outlaw's Den, I will have revenge).

Sentinel: Frogalicious, Balok. Those two like chasing me when I'm on my operative.

Shadow: Selianne, Xarxes.

Sage: None have really stood out to me.

Operative: Me? Timbohh, Viktoria, Schiavona, Ganj.

Sniper: Again, don't pay much attention to these guys.

Powertech: Carthy, I suppose.

Mercenary: Colette, Daffydil.

Juggernaut: Vader, he does an awesome job protecting me. Attrumos is awesome at Huttball.

Marauder: Lycaon is the only one which comes to mind.

Assassin: No idea.

Sorcerer: Z-bomb and whoever else lets me stand in their AoE heal.

I haven't doing doing level 50 PvP for very long, but these are some players that I think excel in their respective classes.

Scoundrel: Steeclaw, Celo, Buenos, Toefu.

Gunslinger: Haven't really noticed any that stood out.

Vanguard: Pixie, only vanguard that's given me trouble.

Commando: Arri is a good healer and Vesk has a habit of grav-rounding me, that's about it.

Guardian: Keiga, Sotoe (if only for his 100 Valor), Lucasjodokast (ganked me in the Outlaw's Den, I will have revenge).

Sentinel: Frogalicious, Balok. Those two like chasing me when I'm on my operative.

Shadow: Selianne, Xarxes.

Sage: None have really stood out to me.

Operative: Me? Timbohh, Viktoria, Schiavona, Ganj.

Sniper: Again, don't pay much attention to these guys.

Powertech: Carthy, I suppose.

Mercenary: Colette, Daffydil.

Juggernaut: Vader, he does an awesome job protecting me. Attrumos is awesome at Huttball.

Marauder: Lycaon is the only one which comes to mind.

Assassin: No idea.

Sorcerer: Z-bomb and whoever else lets me stand in their AoE heal.

What time do you play? Never seen you in my life O.O

Edited by Mosh_Mosh_Mosh