PvP Community

lovenotwar

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decided it was time to make a new account so I could post again and help the community cuz I'm the nicest guy on the server!!!!!!

Idno bout you peepies but I wanna do ranked Friday for 4 hours soild! Tired of taking an hour to put a team together then have other team play one game or bail after one loss. If in the 4 hours it's apparent the other team is getting wrecked, you could let the losing team purposely win so as to prevent farming and losing team saying "**** this" and quit playing/losing players. To those saying it would be cheating I disagree as to the sense a losing team could give up but a winning team isn't allowed to give up? ;) I don't care about ranking, just wants to gear my guardian again :D

That aside, who's pumped for 20 hour downtime tonight!!!! Err I mean 8 hour........

I'm just gonna write a Sentinel/Rauder pvp guide during downtime tonight and followed up with a montage in a couple weeks after I get done sorting through a bajillion hours of gameplay vids. Most likely follow up with a guardian vigilance guide and probably do a dualtage with aznpower on that one, combining sick gameplay from both of us

Just figured give a little back to the community instead of sitting on the fleet fwapping, waiting 20 min for pops >.>

While my time in 50 PvP has been pretty short, the following are people who have really stood out in matches to me:

Jugg/Guardian: N/A

Mara/Sent: Lycaon, Cynthia, Mosh

PT/Vanguard: Carthy, Zyrex (Zyrex tank, best tank.)

Merc/Commando: Daffydil

Sorc/Sage: Labyrinth, Sparkyaxr

Assassin/Shadow: Jwalsh, Akarsha

Operative/Scoundrel: Steelclaw, Heala, Atton , Taktics

Sniper/Gunslinger: N/A

There are a lot of blanks in this list, and anybody who knows me should see that I have some relation or another to most of the names in this list. II simply can't tell in most cases if a player who does well in a match is actually any good - or has just got the best gear. For example, I saw a lot of the "best” healers listed as I skimmed over the first page or so are better geared ones. Yet I regularly see these players performing less than Battlemaster or even Recruit geared counter parts in warzones (Grog'guzzler is a great example here).

Therefore, here are my honourable mentions for reliable players in day-to-day PvP who either contribute in ways other than doing well in numbers:

Mjrat: I was rather surprised when I moved from Sub-50 PvP to find Mjrat had gone from just somebody I use to laugh at (his rants about the various things me and IMVP use to do - that we didn't - caused me many, many laughs) to one of my favourite players in warzones. He can hold a node for ages, knows how to call *and* is actually great DPS.

Arkavious: He's a solid player, nice guy and actually learns more about PvP with the more practice he gets. This makes him head-and-shoulders above the majority of PvPers in normal warzones but it's not why he gets a mention. He's encouraged his guild to get more involved in PvP, has organised rated teams to play and actually helps players. Stuff like that is probably one of the most important things to keep PvP going.

This post was too long for a simple list >.>

Edited by MomentumUnknown

There are a lot of blanks in this list, and anybody who knows me should see that I have some relation or another to most of the names in this list. II simply can't tell in most cases if a player who does well in a match is actually any good - or has just got the best gear. For example, I saw a lot of the "best” healers listed as I skimmed over the first page or so are better geared ones. Yet I regularly see these players performing less than Battlemaster or even Recruit geared counter parts in warzones.

The difference between DPS and Healers is that Healers dont have to be BIS to be viable. going from recruit to WH on a healer would be like a 20% gain in heals followed by a larger health pool lol.

Hell, Steelclaw was pulling 900k heals done on wzs one week into being 50.(healing numbers dont matter on terms of skill, just making a point) Now that shes known and everyone knows shes the best healer, shes the first thing everyone and I mean everrrrryone will try and kill. She gets top heals 95% of the time and the 5% she doesn't I guarantee she took double the dmg the healer above her did or your team was getting smashed so hard there was no one for her to heal and plenty for you :p. She gets focused so hard now that I'm actually going back on my guardian very soon after i gear it a little more with my sentinel so that I can guard/dps, which I dont mind cuz Guardian > Sentinel.

Enjoy free casting while you can cuz if anyone thinks your good, the bullseye on your head will continue to grow larger every day. When Steel is healing someone there's no point trying to kill it without killing her first. 90% of healers I can ignore and burn down the target theyre healing. Its when you actually become a threat to team success that I'll focus you an entire game. Or just sick Jwalsh on you cuz hes just relentless to killing healers no matter how bad they are lol >.>

Edited by Mosh_Mosh_Mosh

The difference between DPS and Healers is that Healers dont have to be BIS to be viable. going from recruit to WH on a healer would be like a 20% gain in heals followed by a larger health pool lol.

Indeed, which is why they can be regularly outperformed by people with lesser gear. However, it does seem to be why some people got mentioned.

She gets top heals 95% of the time and the 5% she doesn't I guarantee she took double the dmg the healer above her did or your team was getting smashed so hard there was no one for her to heal and plenty for you :l.

This is an understatement. The only time I've seen her heal less than anyone else is when she was playing Robertson. However, the more important issue needs to be addressed;

She's going to get a guard as well? Mother of god. :eek:

Be right back, leveling a 'pub 50.

Edited by MomentumUnknown

Enjoy free casting while you can cuz if anyone thinks your good, the bullseye on your head will continue to grow larger every day.

^^ This right here. Exactly the reason i rarely play my Operative anymore. Unless playing with a premade team, imps seem incapable of protecting their healers. Why the hell would i want to play a character that gets focus fired 99% of the time (For good reason), but gets no guards/taunts/protection from teammates that are quite happy (it seems) to run off kill chasing instead of playing to objectives.

I never have and never will say i'm great, i'm above par, i play my class(es) properly. However i'd rather play a character that has a chance to change the outcome of a game than be essentially a "spot filler" due to terrible teammates.

End rant!

Flash....... Did you let me run through that mob of 4 ppl to chase/kill that mercenary on novare yesterday? :X 5 people over there and I think you only person that didn't jump in haha

Haha yeah. It was a lost cause that game. Besides, 4-5+ wailing on you was unfair enough. You didnt hit me, so i watched lol (100% - 6% or whatever was left)

While my time in 50 PvP has been pretty short, the following are people who have really stood out in matches to me:

Jugg/Guardian: N/A

Mara/Sent: Lycaon, Cynthia, Mosh

PT/Vanguard: Carthy, Zyrex (Zyrex tank, best tank.)

Merc/Commando: Daffydil

Sorc/Sage: Labyrinth, Sparkyaxr

Assassin/Shadow: Jwalsh, Akarsha

Operative/Scoundrel: Steelclaw, Heala, Atton , Taktics

Sniper/Gunslinger: N/A

There are a lot of blanks in this list, and anybody who knows me should see that I have some relation or another to most of the names in this list. II simply can't tell in most cases if a player who does well in a match is actually any good - or has just got the best gear. For example, I saw a lot of the "best” healers listed as I skimmed over the first page or so are better geared ones. Yet I regularly see these players performing less than Battlemaster or even Recruit geared counter parts in warzones (Grog'guzzler is a great example here).

Therefore, here are my honourable mentions for reliable players in day-to-day PvP who either contribute in ways other than doing well in numbers:

Mjrat: I was rather surprised when I moved from Sub-50 PvP to find Mjrat had gone from just somebody I use to laugh at (his rants about the various things me and IMVP use to do - that we didn't - caused me many, many laughs) to one of my favourite players in warzones. He can hold a node for ages, knows how to call *and* is actually great DPS.

Arkavious: He's a solid player, nice guy and actually learns more about PvP with the more practice he gets. This makes him head-and-shoulders above the majority of PvPers in normal warzones but it's not why he gets a mention. He's encouraged his guild to get more involved in PvP, has organised rated teams to play and actually helps players. Stuff like that is probably one of the most important things to keep PvP going.

This post was too long for a simple list >.>

I normally don't post to the forums mainly i feel like the server forums are kinda stupid but i had to post on this one.

Arkavious may be a soild player but he is not a nice guy before and after i was in the Order of Chaos guild. Chaos is mainly a PvE guild and has only a very few nice players anymore all the nice and good pvp players went over to Face. Other than Icebroken and Darknight Chaos is a joke of a guild now.

Thank you to Tox for adding me to a list i feel loved to be on someones list but i still firmly believe Atrummos is far better than i am. however when you and I are grouped together we are awsome as a team.

Arkavious may be a soild player but he is not a nice guy before and after i was in the Order of Chaos guild. Chaos is mainly a PvE guild and has only a very few nice players anymore all the nice and good pvp players went over to Face. Other than Icebroken and Darknight Chaos is a joke of a guild now.

Thank you to Tox for adding me to a list i feel loved to be on someones list but i still firmly believe Atrummos is far better than i am. however when you and I are grouped together we are awsome as a team.

Firstly many thanks to my favorite healer Schiav!

Now as far as you go Andy, I may not be nice to you thats because i dont like you, and you gave me reasons to not like you, one person cant be nice to everyone. And if out Guild (The Order of Chaos) is such a joke of a guild why where you begging to come back in not long ago? (though i do admit our numbers are down)

But you can consider me nice enough not to mention the only real joke i see here...

Arkavious

Firstly many thanks to my favorite healer Schiav!

Now as far as you go Andy, I may not be nice to you thats because i dont like you, and you gave me reasons to not like you, one person cant be nice to everyone. And if out Guild (The Order of Chaos) is such a joke of a guild why where you begging to come back in not long ago? (though i do admit our numbers are down)

But you can consider me nice enough not to mention the only real joke i see here...

Arkavious

really i gave you reasons to not like me ? firstly i recruited 70 ppl for Chaos ( btw one of them being you ) I was the gm for the pub chaos guild ( bc slam asked me to ) I got chaos chances in Ranked war zone matches against Face ( Sadly you depended on me to be the main tank ) I would go out of my way and and help chaos members when i was with you guys. I also made a guild website ( which im pretty sure you knew nothing about ) I went to Face like many others did from Choas for the purpose to be able to acutally play ranked pvp. those of us that went over were told that we still had our spots in Chaos I only moved over my main. We where gearing up then move back over to fill the spots for the PvE content that is what Darkbloodlust and i where doing. darkbloodlust mailed slam but i whispered to slam that day when i moved over and he said that was ok. since i have been in face longer than excepted i got kicked out even though i did log in on my chaos alts day in and day out to do some questing. now on the part of begging on coming back i still consider myself a choas member even today as i was in Face to do ranked pvp and become an overrall better player and thats what has happened. now as of today Chaos doesnt have the skill or the coordination to play against any teams. now if you guys are willing to accept me back into the guild i can help fix this issue. if not then i doubt there will be anymore ranked pvp for chaos unless you pug people in.

As of now unless you welcome me back to chaos i am applying to be in the new Face guild. I am apart of Corvus which is a pub PvE guild that i have been helping them do better in pvp and help coordinate ranked pvp for them.

I have a question. Is Ronyrone Andynul? And if so, you are one of the most well-mannered people I've ever pvped with, either when queuing separately or when queuing together.

- Kozlovsky

This!

Regardless of anyones opinion of Andy as a player, if you think he's good, bad or ugly (yes your outfit is hideous andy), hes definately a nice/well mannered guy.

Krackers yes this is Andy and thank you :) to Tim Thanks and you just jealousy of the epicness of my gear :) but thank you for the comment and Mosh I dont know much about you except by being my butt kicked by you in pvp but thanks for having a strange weird comment lol we should group up some time for some pvp

I know for a fact that there are people on both imp and republic side that hate me in pvp, either because I spam emotes or just generally piss them off because I play so objectively. But I try to be a nice player. Some people give me the ***** when they just plainly don't play to the objectives and sometimes I will end up speaking my mind. Whether that shines a negative light on myself or not, I really couldn't care less. If people want to pvp and expect to win, but don't play the objectives or aren't a team player, then my response to their playstyle is GTF out of my pvp team, please.

It's not hard to be a team player and I think some people struggle with the choice to help their team in a short-term fight when odds are stacked against them or to sit in stealth or hide until their team is killed so that they can sit there and CC or AoE the enemy until friendly respawns come to help. Anyone who has versed me on my scoundrel knows that this is how I play. Yes my DPS may be MUCH lower than any other DPS spec'd player in a warzone, but in the end I can hold a node against 3-4 people by myself by CC and AoE until I get people to come help. I pride myself in this fact (whilst trying to not sound like an arrogant up-myself dick). If I can hold a node against multiple enemies for 20-30 seconds for team respawns, then I've done my job. Case closed.

And I personally feel that this is one of the great advantages of playing the scoundrel/operative DPS class. You get enough burst to bring down 1 of 3 enemies you're faced with, whilst having enough defensive cooldowns to stay alive, good AoE long-range attacks to interrupt multiple enemy cappers simultaneously and a restealth, allowing you to once more sit there and stealth CC those players. Anyone who doesn't use this to their advantage is wasting their potential as a player. Just my two cents about the class I'm most versed with playing. Other people play it differently - Heala - for example is a much more in-your-face type of Scoundrel player. Which works for him because he knows more where to add his damage output than I do. I'm more of a defensive player. Either playstyle is a great asset to any team. Having competent players around you really helps though, no matter what class you play, I suppose.

Edited by BennyKrak