My friends are logged in and they say...

Ardashir

They are being cautious this first day no doubt. There's no way those servers are "Full." People believe anything they see. Bioware could easily have made them say Full when they are really about medium. People will be logging off and on all day, its not like everyone they invited is playing. Invites could of went much longer.

just wait until the 9-5ers get off work tonight...

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:i_biggrin: You actually believe that they decided to out of the goodness of their hearts to give us two "extra days"? If you're that gullible then I have beach-front property to sell you in Arizona.

This was all planned from the get-go. Under-promise and over-deliver. All (good) design firms (architectural, engineering, graphics, games, etc.) operate under this model.

Make no mistake, folks. This is launch day disguised under the marketing ploy of being "early access." That's the only way they could get around the inevitable backlash that would result from them doing this without the marketing speak cover.

Imagine if any other game launched but didn't allow everyone who purchased the game to log in on day one. That's exactly what is happening here, except you're all buying it hook, line, and sinker because they've used marketing lingo to cover up what they're really doing.

Think critically. You're being played.

This^ Nice to know that not all of the internet's users are total *******.

We should be friends......:)

it's past 8pm in Europe and servers are far from full. But who cares about Europe lol, America ftw etc.

Probably has to do with the time at which pre-orders were announced.

So far stuff like that hasn't been THAT friendly for us Europeans(I for example waited with my pre-order until August because the CE wasn't available anywhere and I just didn't want to invest that much just to get it from amazon.com...)

im playing now and got up to level 11, and looking for group for esseles.

lets just say ive been here for 30 minutes and I havent even seen a single other person in the area.

hardly anyone is on the server I am playing on.

im playing now and got up to level 11, and looking for group for esseles.

lets just say ive been here for 30 minutes and I havent even seen a single other person in the area.

hardly anyone is on the server I am playing on.

lol...sounds like this almighty "Wave" stuff is more talk than action, sounds more like "Whiff" at this point.

Bigest problem I see is that the way things are going the names will all be taken up before acctual launch and we'll all have crapy character names like Ig0tN3RfedbyBW. In wich case I REALY dont want to play! I had my characters names set adn in the beta even used them, so now by the time we get into the game before even the normal launch all the names will be reserved.

So far the most prominent argument I've seen is that "People are at work. They have jobs/lives/school/etc.."

Despite the fact that the European servers are ghost towns right now and that it's currently prime time in Europe, maybe in a few hours when it's prime time on the east coast and you're standing in an empty zone with nothing but an npc companion for conversation, you'll concede the point; There aren't enough people in this game.

Some of us adults have jobs that are important enough to forgo a video game launch. -_-

It's only 3:07 est. Wait till 7 or 8. I'm sure Bioware understands this.

Some of us are enjoying our early vaccation in our own way.

And not everyone shares your timezone. :p

So far the most prominent argument I've seen is that "People are at work. They have jobs/lives/school/etc.."

Despite the fact that the European servers are ghost towns right now and that it's currently prime time in Europe, maybe in a few hours when it's prime time on the east coast and you're standing in an empty zone with nothing but an npc companion for conversation, you'll concede the point; There aren't enough people in this game.

If the argument is that they didn't run enough EU people, fine.. And perhaps they don't have a way to flag an account as EU or not? Perhaps they are being America-centric at this point and waiting to see what happens over the evening..? And, if what you (and others) suggest is true and there just aren't the numbers they expected after tonight, then tomorrow they will increase the numbers in each wave?

chillax, people.

Well thats of todays final "Whiffs" of invitations sent for today.

lol...thank you bioware for the 5+ hours of waiting.

I cant wait to strangle dem Jawas now with a really vivid image in my head.

Time to go to sleep ppl that didnt get your invite.

Edited by Mooglyn

If the argument is that they didn't run enough EU people, fine.. And perhaps they don't have a way to flag an account as EU or not? Perhaps they are being America-centric at this point and waiting to see what happens over the evening..? And, if what you (and others) suggest is true and there just aren't the numbers they expected after tonight, then tomorrow they will increase the numbers in each wave?

chillax, people.

Flagging an account as EU or not is a simple matter of IP address.

Edited by Lazoruz

Imagine if any other game launched but didn't allow everyone who purchased the game to log in on day one. That's exactly what is happening here, except you're all buying it hook, line, and sinker because they've used marketing lingo to cover up what they're really doing.

Think critically. You're being played.

No one has purchased this game yet. You pre-ordered it, but that is not a binding commitment until it ships.

It seems like this is the point of the staggered opening. To allow people to move on so EVERYONE isn't cramming into the starting zones all at the same time.

Zones are instanced, So when one gets near max capacity a clone of the area is created.

So what your claiming is not really a issue

As the issue of overpopulated starting areas can easily be resolved by the player switching to a diffrent lower populated instance of that area.

And Tupac and Elvis are still alive, the moon landing was fake, and every Dan Brown novel is actually Non-Fiction.

Sorry that you confuse things that are actually happening with conspiracy theories. Is there anything I can do to help?

I think the better question here is why so many people are willing to have a company charge them $60-150 for a product and limit their access to what they just paid for. When did people become so apathetic and docile?