NOT EVERYONE PvP's

KarterJK

I don't PvP often, because I think PvP in SWTOR sucks, big Time.

However, it has the biggest whiners of the entire game. So, why does my character have to get nerfed and dumded down because of them?

I play a healer sage, one of my moves a Force Stun, had its distance reduced not by 1/2 but by 2/3's. I spent extra tree points just so the coold down would be less. It is the only tool, I have if I am being pummeled in a OPs, to briefly halt the onslaught, so I can recoop. It used to be 30m now it's 10m, it rendors it almost usless. Why, even have it?

WHY MUST I BE PENALIZED because some nerdy PvPer whined that they think it is to unfair?

To hell with them and give my Force Stun back. Why should I even have to spend 2 points to reduce its cooldown to begin with?

GOD this game sucks at PvP

However, it has the biggest whiners of the entire game. So, why does my character have to get nerfed and dumded down because of them?

I play a healer sage, one of my moves a Force Stun, had its distance reduced not by 1/2 but by 2/3's. I spent extra tree points just so the coold down would be less. It is the only tool, I have if I am being pummeled in a OPs, to briefly halt the onslaught, so I can recoop. It used to be 30m now it's 10m, it rendors it almost usless. Why, even have it?

WHY MUST I BE PENALIZED because some nerdy PvPer whined that they think it is to unfair?

To hell with them and give my Force Stun back. Why should I even have to spend 2 points to reduce its cooldown to begin with?

Ironic then that you are in fact whining right now.

I don't remember ever reading anyone posting anything about wanting a reduction in ranged stuns for any class. If you can remember where you you saw this, would you please link it because I'm confused. If anything, the PvP community normally requests less stuns in PvP not a reduction in it's range of use. I think you, and the devs, may have misread what the PvP community requested.... Edited by Master_Nate

No one was complaining about our ranged stun. I believe they made this change to mesh with the changes to overall CC and resolve; as well as to make 4 second stuns consistent across ACs and not spammable from range.

Abilities that have a 1 minute CD are not "spammable". Otherwise I agree with your assessment. They decided to standardize all hard stuns at 10m, effectively removing any chance of a Sage/Sorc escaping from another ranged class.

Funny thing is us pvper support pvers we dont like nerf the same as you. The dev need to stop nerfing classes buff the one that are under the ones that are way to OP then start adding content

Abilities that have a 1 minute CD are not "spammable". Otherwise I agree with your assessment. They decided to standardize all hard stuns at 10m, effectively removing any chance of a Sage/Sorc escaping from another ranged class.

Yes but the changes to resolve mean that 2 stuns are no longer filling resolve bars...

Are you kidding me? Seer tree got buffed, big time. Even for PvE. 10m stun is just a trade off.

Have you read the patch notes?

BAH!!! Its a game, dont fret. I dont think they didn't "dumded" down for anyone, just some range changes.

The problem is the "age old" conundrum of balancing PvE and PvP... which i am begining to believe is not possible... as obviously what's good for one is not always good for the other. I do feel bad that your game experience is lessened now though, and hope it doesnt cause you to ragequit. The game needs all the players it can to stay vibrant.

Cheers

Your healer sage wasn't significantly nerfed (or "dumbed down"?! - how does making things trickier dumb them down?). And he was given compensation buffs in exchange.

Are you seriously complaining about solo pve? If so I can't take anything you say seriously. How often do 30yd stuns matter in instances (use mez instead?).

It really sounds like you're just bored and looking for a reason to whine (just like those pvpers you're scoffing).

There absolutely have been complaints about the amounts of cc in pvp. Reducing the range on stuns and the number of people getting spammed with kbs is a small step in reducing that.

You're right it's useless, why have it, go ahead and remove it off your quickslot bar

Edited by FourTwent

TL;DR? OP's sippy cup is empty, and he thinks WE MUST BE PENALIZED for it.

It's not about catering someone, it's about not screwing everybody because of one aspect of the games needs "balance"

Yeah but no one on this forum was complaining about the ranges of stun...if anything it was the amount of stuns which they seem to have went opposite of what most players wanted.

It was a change that no one asked for.

Yeah but no one on this forum was complaining about the ranges of stun...if anything it was the amount of stuns which they seem to have went opposite of what most players wanted.

It was a change that no one asked for.

Correct. While there is epic whining on the PvP boards, I have never seen anyone suggest that the classes with ranged stuns should have them reduced. The OP is dead wrong. Players do not make changes to the game, the developers do. If you think this change is unfair (I'm neutral on the KB; think the force stun was unwarranted), then put it on the devs.

Correct. While there is epic whining on the PvP boards, I have never seen anyone suggest that the classes with ranged stuns should have them reduced. The OP is dead wrong. Players do not make changes to the game, the developers do. If you think this change is unfair (I'm neutral on the KB; think the force stun was unwarranted), then put it on the devs.

You are correct as well. There are tons of complaints on this forum, new threads are made daily and most are moaning. The devs do not make changes based on what we want. If they did it would be one great big disaster. They listen do what we say but never make a change because of anything we write on here.

<snip>

Well back in December, I was doing as much PVE as PVP.

Then I tried Cademinu, then I tried Directive 7, then I met Soa.

Then I was waiting for all these terrible bugs and glitches to be fix. Many are still there today.

I have the 1.3 PVE gear, but I now quit all PVE except for dailies (that's just for the credits).

I have better things to do than waste hours of my time on buggy, poorly tested content - and I'm not alone!