New raid armor art going into gambling boxes.

Sorenia

How about scrapping the armor in the gambling boxes completely and follow the Guild Wars 2 example? The Black Lion Chests (gambling boxes) are found in the game world but players are required to purchase keys (or loot them on a very rare occassion). Inside we find CONSUMABLES like boost to Glory (Valor), XP gain, Magic Find (chance to loot rare items) and each lasts an hour. There are also 1-time-use tonics inside that change players into random NPC.

This is what we'd prefer to be in the gambling boxes. If you want to sell armor sets that we should've received on the release (look a the past trailers! Character progression, especially! That counts as a false advertising) then don't put them into gambling boxes. Instead charge few quid or something for the entire set. Gambling boxes would sell if you'd put consumables into them. I would be interested in the Valor boost, especially at higher levels of it!

You see how much we hate your idea, of putting the armor sets we've requested so much, into the gambling boxes. Don't do it :/

And if you do don't make them bind to players and at least have the boxes contain entire set or implement some system that will prevent characters from looting the same pieces of gear they alreadyhave. Even let us sell things on GTN if we get a double...

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya this is trash! I would spend a few bucks on a good looking robe or pants for my sage healer, maybe a cool speeder, but paying cash to get a random box with another random chance upon opening it I get the item I want I WILL NOT DO! If we can buy the items upfront, cool. But this pay for random box crap is just that, crap! I hope people won't buy them if that is how it will be but I'm sure people will fork over the cash

This is rubbish

This is what all those people clamoring for F2P were asking for.

Most people who whine and say they want F2P have never really played a F2P game. The reality that they use these rubbish gambling boxes to make money is going to be a rude awakening. Why would EA bother to give us real content moving forward when they can sucker people into this crap?

Most people who whine and say they want F2P have never really played a F2P game. The reality that they use these rubbish gambling boxes to make money is going to be a rude awakening. Why would EA bother to give us real content moving forward when they can sucker people into this crap?

Remove random from the equation and pretty sure very few would keep complaining.

They are giving you more cool looking things and you complain. That's quite interesting.

They're not *giving* : they're selling ! THAT for starter...

Secondly they're selling this to people who already pay a sub.

Third : it's random and you may pay and pay and pay for something you'll never get.

Interresting now ?

:rolleyes:

They're not *giving* : they're selling ! THAT for starter...

Secondly they're selling this to people who already pay a sub.

Third : it's random and you may pay and pay and pay for something you'll never get.

Interresting now ?

:rolleyes:

Interesting, indeed as they are giving you coins for playing. You literally don't pay anything except what you already do to play.

The fact its random is part of it being a gamble. If I went to a slot machine and said I'm going to win a million dollars and it happened well that would be amazing, but then everyone would do it and we would have no issues with poverty.

I doubt they'll make you gamble for things you already have if you are actually going to pay for the coins, you'll probably be able to get everything you want if you gamble more. If they do allow this then I see no reason to buy anything.

Which is something I don't think even they are that stupid to do.

Edited by spectreclees

All the caterwauling on the forums means nothing if those boxes sell.

You want to make a statement? You make it loudest by not buying the stuff.

Yep. If we're opposed to having to "gamble" for gear, then we should not buy the boxes. If gambling boxes failed to sell, that would be the end of them. Doubt that will happen, but I personally don't intend to buy anything where it's not clear what I'm actually getting.

You can debate and argue till the end of time about gambling boxes, but the simple fact is, if there is not enough stuff and options in the shop to buy that people like, its all a moot point, and you might as well shut down the servers now.

There are thousands of items that can be monetized in a game like this, it will be akin to having a licence to print money, without ever having any sort of lucky-dip.

I cannot see the bean counters, and yes, it will be the bean counters controlling this, not the devs, hedging the future of the game on lucky dips. Sure, they will be there, but the way some people in this thread are carrying on, most of good stuff will be there, and that would be financial suicide.

Interesting, indeed as they are giving you coins for playing. You literally don't pay anything except what you already do to play.

The fact its random is part of it being a gamble. If I went to a slot machine and said I'm going to win a million dollars and it happened well that would be amazing, but then everyone would do it and we would have no issues with poverty.

I doubt they'll make you gamble for things you already have if you are actually going to pay for the coins, you'll probably be able to get everything you want if you gamble more. If they do allow this then I see no reason to buy anything.

Which is something I don't think even they are that stupid to do.

The cartel coins aren't free as you need to pay a subscription to get them.

That being said gambling with real money is strictly monitored and ruled in many states and countries, if not forbidden.

I hope they have bored lawyers because they'll need them pretty soon.

I just dont understand how Bioware/EA can think these boxes are a good idea. Alot of people are already annoyed for varying reasons...are they actually going to risk annoying the rest of us too?

I would like cool gear as much as anyone, but I absolutely REFUSE to buy random boxes for it. If you put up a nice looking item for x amount of dollars, odds are, I would buy it, if I liked it, but I'm not going to spend $100's of dollars on rubbish in the hopes of getting something good.

To that idea, I have this to say: GET STUFFED. If you people are reading your forums, you have to understand, you're alienating the people you have left. People who stuck it out here, when everyone was squawking about quitting, and bugs and imbalance and lack of this and that. People like me, and I'm not happy atm.

The first season of Cartel packs will draw heavily on preexisting armor appearances that haven’t been used for player-wearable equipment thus far. They’ll include some new models, but we did not draw on endgame content appearances for them.

And this right here is high on the list of things that finally made me cancel - the cheap and chintzy level of investment in this game. Get a costume designer (or heck, TEAM) and get some new looks flowing into the game. You KNOW how much the last cycle sucked in the court of public opinion. You should have be working this issue hard in the half a year since, not digging into your meager stocks of existing assets to populate your new cash shop.

Free-to-play is not going to help your bottom line when the bosses are treating this MMO as free-to-prduce.

There are already enough really good looking orange and purple sets in the game to customize your look with, if you try to find them on the GTN or get them via drops. In addition, they will be adding orange shells to simply buy in the cash shop.

I understand that you must lose set bonuses until attaining campaign gear to fully utilize orange gear, but that will also become easier as the months continue to pass. If you are into raiding, you should probably have 4 pieces of campaign gear by now or pretty soon. If you're not into raiding, then you don't need the set bonuses.

If you PvP primarily, getting 4 pieces of WH gear does not take more than a month or so, simply doing the daily and weekly mission. With the introduction of a new PvP tier set on the horizon, WH will become very easy to get, like BM is now.

Nobody needs to buy anything in gambling boxes to get cool looking Star Wars armor, get around the current endgame gear. With very few exceptions, there are ways of putting together unique looking orange sets in each class.

Edited by arunav

I would never go into a shop, put my money down on the counter and say, "Sell me something random!". I'm not going to do it in a video game either.

However, I might, just might, pay real money to buy cool looking orange gear if I know in advance exactly what I'm getting for my cash.

I would never go into a shop, put my money down on the counter and say, "Sell me something random!". I'm not going to do it in a video game either.

However, I might, just might, pay real money to buy cool looking orange gear if I know in advance exactly what I'm getting for my cash.

It's actually a brilliant marketing strategy, all they have to do is have the box drop alot of common loot but have a small chance like 2% that it will drop some rare mount or pet and people will spend all kinds of cash to keep opening them till they get lucky. It's kind of like gambling and any addict with a credit card will get suckered in.