Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

EA seriously needs to implement group finder in a cross-server capacity, at the very least. Warzones, Operations, and Flashpoints could so easily be removed as a point of dissatisfaction among the player base, most especially on APAC, if they did this. Granted, premades would still be somewhat of an issue, as would on-planet Heroic missions, but the entire player base would benefit from cross-server ability. I know I could live without on-planet Heroics if I had to, provided I could get all the other stuff mentioned.

It's still disconcerting to see Gav Daragon as the only 'Standard' APAC server (with the others at 'Low'), then logging in to find less than 20 people in the Imperial Fleet. I would like to know what benchmark is used for that when I can log into a 'Standard'-rated West Coast server and easily find four times that number. :eek:

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm from Dalborra ( got the free xfer there when the AU servers came out ) and had just subbed back to SWToR to find the pop nearly gone. But i'm not going to be making the same mistake with this one as i did in WAR.

I "will" be staying on an Oceanic server till the very end we need to support these servers even with numbers so low, many times we have been given servers ( local or just named ) and almost everytime ppl are quick to "jump ship".

It's sad to see yet another game where Oceanic players are gonna die out and the remainder are forced onto high traffic / ping servers just to keep playing. Lets hope we get an answer soon.....

I'm the GM of Valorous and we've been recruiting. There are actually quite a lot of people leveling through the lower level planets. We've recently recruited players new to swtor who probably dont look at these forums. They're leveling and enjoying the journey. Lets stick around so that when they get to 50 there's a community to be a part of.

We do not plan to move to a US based server, we will stay and support the oceanic community on Dalborra. We want to keep the good ping. Stick around!

While saying this I still think EA need to do something like cross server queues for group finder for both pve and pvp. We do need some attention from EA.

i think as far as EA is concerned, they gave us what we wanted -- we had our own servers and good pings. the population eventually decreasing isn't really something you can pin on them. it's the gamers that decided to move on to a new server or stop playing.

for me personally, i abandoned the server (Dalborra) after nights of not being able to do heroics, really long PvP queues and couldn't get groups for hard modes.

i'm told that players like me are the root cause of the problem. but this isn't charity work. it's a game that i pay for (i'm a sub and cartel coin purchaser) so i can enjoy some of my free time playing with other people. because of this, i left the server and rolled on the harbinger, leaving behind 3 level 50s.

my real guess here is that EA is waiting for population levels on AP to really dip so they can close down the servers, offering transfers back to the US in the process.

Edited by noodlehaus

i think as far as EA is concerned, they gave us what we wanted -- we had our own servers and good pings. the population eventually decreasing isn't really something you can pin on them. .

Really?

Go check how many maintences we ahve had during our peak time, By my guesstiamte I've actually lost $55 worth of game time due to servers being down.

How about how many game breaking bugs have had to be fixed?

How about the lackluster pve content?

Yeap thats all our fault.........

i think as far as EA is concerned, they gave us what we wanted -- we had our own servers and good pings. the population eventually decreasing isn't really something you can pin on them. it's the gamers that decided to move on to a new server or stop playing.

Yeah but they expected players to leave with games like pandoria and GW2 which is why they merged the US servers. The thing is why didnt we get a merge? Also, i think it is up to them to maintain the game in a playable state if possible - which it is by merging the servers... which they did for the US...

Yeah but they expected players to leave with games like pandoria and GW2 which is why they merged the US servers. The thing is why didnt we get a merge? Also, i think it is up to them to maintain the game in a playable state if possible - which it is by merging the servers... which they did for the US...

Ah but they want to """""""""""""""""""""""""""""wait and see"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

how things go

because their statistical forecast show that Aus servers should reach that of the mega servers some how, some when, some what, against al odds!

I think the biggest reason the APAC servers weren't merged along with the others was the 'type' issue. One PvE server, one PvP server, and one RP server were all that was there. NA and EU servers had multiples of the same type, so when the merges happened, they kept them 'in type'. Whether they didn't want to merge the server types in APAC, or there's some bizarre reason they can't (which I don't buy for a moment), only EA can say.

They could easily merge the RP and PvE servers, in my opinion (don't like roleplay? Stay out of the Slippery Slopes Cantina), and I would bet there is a solid majority of PvP server denizens who would forgo their open-world PvP (which they aren't getting at the moment, anyways) in order to have a decent player base to interact with.

But it is the 'type' issue which leads me to advocate for cross-server (and even cross-region, if possible) group finder. Maybe they don't want to combine server types...well, dandy. Institute cross-server [everything except normal PvE content] for the entire game. PvE Heroics will be the only things APAC denizens will fall short on, and if I could get minimal queue times for FPs and WZs on Gav Daragon, I'd accept that as a fair price.

and another work day in austin where we don't get any responses.

Gogo jeff hickman, make another post that really says nothing and ignore us for another day!!!!

They are still busy popping corks and slapping backs for the launch of hk-51 and f2p i bet... 'Things will get done when I feel like it' thats the attitude of this studio right from the top.

I feel that when the oceanic servers die it will put off many other MMos from opening servers there in the future, considering WAR and now TOR didnt turn out too well.

In saying that, there seemed to be an over looked attitude towards the area, red zoning it and making people feel unwelcome well before launch, with a delayed launch for the region too not helping.

see its simple, they opened 50 servers for US found that consolidation is better and did it. Now those servers are a happy place to be.

They opened 3 servers for APAC, now consolidation is better and they need to do it. I am sure 1 APAC server will give us the same playing field that some US servers have.

we know its not going to be a freaking harbinger but atleast it can be on par with some of the middle tier servers.

Master D should be merged.

Flashpoints are my favourate thing and so far leveling my alt I have reached 35th level and only done 1 flashpoint because it never pops. And thats even with shouting on fleet LFG.

There did seem to be a fair few people on the lower level planets though, so I wonder if in time it will improve. Still no reason not to merge them into a super server like the rest of the world, many new players may be put off by the lack of population....

Edited by Thornsbane

see its simple, they opened 50 servers for US found that consolidation is better and did it. Now those servers are a happy place to be.

They opened 3 servers for APAC, now consolidation is better and they need to do it. I am sure 1 APAC server will give us the same playing field that some US servers have.

we know its not going to be a freaking harbinger but atleast it can be on par with some of the middle tier servers.

if u think US server is a happy place to be, then reroll back.

Move the servers to Asia, lose Australia/NZ players as the pings will suck for them.

Keep the servers in Australia/NZ and lose Asia players.

My suggestion: Consolidate all servers into one Australia server, use the upkeep from the 2 removed servers to fund one localized in Hong Kong (not china specifically due to censorship and seizure laws).

Problem solved. People who aren't happy with the merging can go to other servers etc etc.

Edited by Selvec

Please understand "Medium" on USA and "Medium" on APAC are different. USA has servers deisgned to handle 100's of players. Where as APAC is still stuck on the old server tech for player numbers. So "Medium" for APAC is 30-40 players on the entire server. Medium - Light for USA is 100-200 players on a server at a time.

Please understand "Medium" on USA and "Medium" on APAC are different. USA has servers deisgned to handle 100's of players. Where as APAC is still stuck on the old server tech for player numbers. So "Medium" for APAC is 30-40 players on the entire server. Medium - Light for USA is 100-200 players on a server at a time.

I don't think that's the case. APAC servers haven't hit heavy since the first round of server cap raises, however Dalborra retained a fairly healthy population until well after that. It was only around August that Dalborra started to drop noticeably.

I don't think that's the case. APAC servers haven't hit heavy since the first round of server cap raises, however Dalborra retained a fairly healthy population until well after that. It was only around August that Dalborra started to drop noticeably.

Except I regularly see Gav Daragon on Medium, and USA Server Ebon Hawk on medium. I log on to Gav, only 50 people. Log on to Ebon Hawk, around 200+.