Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Except I regularly see Gav Daragon on Medium, and USA Server Ebon Hawk on medium. I log on to Gav, only 50 people. Log on to Ebon Hawk, around 200+.

Standard is a range, not a number. You also need to consider all the planets, not just fleet. Recently there can be close to 100 on all the starter planets and Coruscant on Dalborra but only about 50 on fleet. I'm not sure when it hits Heavy but I would assume that Standard is probably the largest range.

I'd guess something like:

Light = <25% of capacity

Standard = 25%-75% of capacity

Heavy = 75%-90% of capacity

Very Heavy = 90%-99% of capacity

Full = 100% of capacity

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except I regularly see Gav Daragon on Medium, and USA Server Ebon Hawk on medium. I log on to Gav, only 50 people. Log on to Ebon Hawk, around 200+.

And they also have multiple instances of 200+ on the fleet at peak times.

AFAIK APAC servers are still the older, smaller types and not the super servers - hence why we didn't get extra character slots.

I don't think that's the case. APAC servers haven't hit heavy since the first round of server cap raises, however Dalborra retained a fairly healthy population until well after that. It was only around August that Dalborra started to drop noticeably.

I agree that the servers haven't been north of 'Medium' in forever. These days, I see Gav Daragon at Medium, with the others stuck at Low (though I have occasionally seen Dalborra rise above Low occasionally). With a Medium population, GD's population is, to put it nicely, a joke. I imagine the same holds true for Dalborra at the best of times, and MDN must be a howling, empty wasteland (no direct experience with either of the latter two, admittedly).

The last couple of days, I've been surprised to get into a full warzone inside of five minutes, that's something I'm unaccustomed to. A lot of it is likely F2P folks, as I see several level 10's to 20's (or so) with no Legacy names, and rarely more than once in a series of warzones. Maybe F2P is a minor shot in the arm in that regard, but it's not enough for long-term viability. Most people will roll on EU or NA servers, because it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that that's where all the people are going to be, even if one doesn't look at server population levels beforehand. I have a lone toon on Begeren Colony, and F2P folks are literally everywhere, and a Medium population is measured in scores, if not more, in the Imperial Fleet alone. APAC servers need this sort of number if they want to remain viable.

And we still get screwed over. Once agin still took 30-60min last night after maintenance finished to do a HM FP on Dalborra which is crazy

Most i saw on fleet was 70-80 people at about 10pm AEST (maintenance was finished b4 8.40pm when i logged in)

If it wasnt for guild runs prob wouldnt be able to do Ops runs as GF SM Ops havent popped in weeks, only with people spamming fleet do they happen.

Standard is a range, not a number. You also need to consider all the planets, not just fleet. Recently there can be close to 100 on all the starter planets and Coruscant on Dalborra but only about 50 on fleet. I'm not sure when it hits Heavy but I would assume that Standard is probably the largest range.

I'd guess something like:

Light = <25% of capacity

Standard = 25%-75% of capacity

Heavy = 75%-90% of capacity

Very Heavy = 90%-99% of capacity

Full = 100% of capacity

This is true, however the EU and US servers have a higher population cap.

For example, and making up numbers here as no one knows the true numbers, an APAC server might be able to hold 1000 people. Being standard could mean that there is 250 people online. But the "super servers" from the US and EU can hold 10x the number of players. So, their "standard" could be 2500 people online. And being on a US server during US prime time, this number seems pretty correct. 5+ instances of fleet with 200 minimum in each. Not to mention the time that there were more instances of DKaas on Harbinger then there were people on MDN pub fleet.

And *** how is pve/rp more closely aligned than pve/pvp.

Actually, without going into anything else you were replying to, there is absolutely no difference between a PvE server an a RP server. We're talking strictly mechanics - there is no open-world PvP, and going from a RP to a PvE server would be unnoticeable, save that you would not have walls of Roleplay text from roleplayers in the Fleet or the Slippery Slopes (and even then, you might, depending on if they are member of a roleplay guild).

PvP servers, by contrast, have the open-world PvP mechanic that the others lack. This is also not to say that there are no roleplayers on PvP servers, but they are not specifically suggested as such, and there are no 'RP-PvP' servers, so far as I'm aware.

Actually, without going into anything else you were replying to, there is absolutely no difference between a PvE server an a RP server. We're talking strictly mechanics - there is no open-world PvP, and going from a RP to a PvE server would be unnoticeable, save that you would not have walls of Roleplay text from roleplayers in the Fleet or the Slippery Slopes (and even then, you might, depending on if they are member of a roleplay guild).

PvP servers, by contrast, have the open-world PvP mechanic that the others lack. This is also not to say that there are no roleplayers on PvP servers, but they are not specifically suggested as such, and there are no 'RP-PvP' servers, so far as I'm aware.

You are correct that the option for open world PvP mechanic exists, but I can guarantee you that it does not get used as much as anyone thinks it does. I ran in to my first opposing faction player last night for the first time in months. I just speeder'd straight past him. Though, he was a PT who decided to pull me back but he didn't fight, he just waved. I didn't appreciate this, so I force pushed him off the edge where the Rakghoul event was (near the willpower datacron).

I was trying to infer that there is no noticeable difference between any of the servers atm, but your point stands.

Also a RP server lends itself more to being a PVP server imo, as this suits the context better. I'm pretty sure Jedi wouldn't have just sit on their butt and smiled if a Sith walked past. RP is more than just the way you interact/chat with others.

Edited by Claprica

I was trying to infer that there is no noticeable difference between any of the servers atm, but your point stands.

Also a RP server lends itself more to being a PVP server imo, as this suits the context better. I'm pretty sure Jedi wouldn't have just sit on their butt and smiled if a Sith walked past. RP is more than just the way you interact/chat with others.

Point taken. Some hardcore roleplayers (I am not one) might throw up an argument, but it is undeniable that any one APAC server is hardly different from the other two at the moment.

It's almost a surety that a consolidated server, regardless of the name it ended up with, would be a 'PvE' server (in my opinion) - Master Dar'Nala is, from what I gather, rather devoid of open-world PvP at the moment, and I can personally attest that roleplay on Gav Daragon is in the tank. I admit that roleplay wasn't my primary reason for selecting the server, but I am not averse to it...but these days, I don't bother. I doubt I'd notice any difference (character name issues aside) if there was a merge, and I imagine the same is true for our friends on Dalborra. And I'm guessing that MDN players would prefer more people to open-world PvP and no people.

Point taken. Some hardcore roleplayers (I am not one) might throw up an argument, but it is undeniable that any one APAC server is hardly different from the other two at the moment.

It's almost a surety that a consolidated server, regardless of the name it ended up with, would be a 'PvE' server (in my opinion) - Master Dar'Nala is, from what I gather, rather devoid of open-world PvP at the moment, and I can personally attest that roleplay on Gav Daragon is in the tank. I admit that roleplay wasn't my primary reason for selecting the server, but I am not averse to it...but these days, I don't bother. I doubt I'd notice any difference (character name issues aside) if there was a merge, and I imagine the same is true for our friends on Dalborra. And I'm guessing that MDN players would prefer more people to open-world PvP and no people.

spot on. No one does open world PVP. and with ilum coming, that problem will resolve itself. However, if they wait till then, MDN might be worse off than it is atm

Just noticed, this thread was created on or before October 20, 2012. That's almost a month and a half ago. You could've had 2 50s with that time on the US servers. Probably even 3, since you'll have shorter FP and WZ queues and people to do heroics with. Just saying :D

Just noticed, this thread was created on or before October 20, 2012. That's almost a month and a half ago. You could've had 2 50s with that time on the US servers. Probably even 3, since you'll have shorter FP and WZ queues and people to do heroics with. Just saying :D

Omg you sir are genius this is the answer to all our problems Thank you for showing us the way.....

Its actually 3 months and yes we could re roll most have but we want the characters we have worked on for the last year transfered thank you for your informative input...

Edited by denpic

/SIGNED

The server transfer exercise for the U.S. servers took place many months ago. One would have thought rolling that out for the APAC servers wouldve been staggered out to perhaps a few months later. Yet, despite the mounting evidence which suggest a server merger / consolidation of servers will bring more pluses than minuses those of us who play this game from this part of the planet are still left wondering about whether this will even take place in the near term. In the mean time they will be mailing you fireworks to your nearest in-game post-box /facepalm :confused:

Edited by wairuakaha

rofl, u don't play at our primary time, and u think it as american's logic , hahahahaha.

i will be very kindness to tell u, there is no batter situation in US server.

OH HELL NO!!

Took me ages to ages to get my main toon in full campaign/BH gear, Legacy 50 and Social 10. No way am i gonna reroll a new main toon on a different server, unless we get forcibly moved there.

made a pub guild yesterday with some main guildies. Did esseles with 2 f2pers who were stoked at all the things and watched every cutscene (OMG!!!) and kept saying things like "WOW is this a dungeoon amazing etc(was very very annoying but funny). one was lvl 12 without an advanced class :D

Almost told them to reroll on dalborra as it would enhance their gameplay. hopefully they will find people to run other flashpoints with. Its gonna be a shame if people leave coz they have to spend 2 hrs looking for SM fps.

Hey all!!!

Keep the discussion going!

Very quick video <2 Minutes showing how bad Master Dar'Nala is!!!! Wake up Bioware!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0FZtTYJiSg&feature=g-crec-u

Watch it, comment, share it, reply to it, like it, subscribe etc!!!

NEK MINNIT... 20 Minutes later on The Harbinger... comparison video during their OFF PEAK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lg1kSqzmns

Thanks!!!

<3 Chippy

Edited by Cheezfriend

Hey all!!!

Keep the discussion going!

Very quick video <2 Minutes showing how bad Master Dar'Nala is!!!! Wake up Bioware!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0FZtTYJiSg&feature=g-crec-u

Watch it, comment, share it, reply to it, like it, subscribe etc!!!

NEK MINNIT... 20 Minutes later on The Harbinger... comparison video during their OFF PEAK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lg1kSqzmns

Thanks!!!

<3 Chippy

Good videos.

I really wish Bioware would give us an update on the current situation.