Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christmas break coming up, a lot of our raiders aren't showing up to their scheduled nights and it is impossible to find replacements for no-shows. Our Group 1 hasn't hit up NiM EC in 3 weeks now because of this, and our Group 4 hasn't run at all for two weeks.

If it keeps going the way it is, might unsub until something is done about the APAC servers. Not losing my level 50 legacy and my 6 level 50 chars.

Wow man, you have been the voice of optimism for so long, and to see you think of chucking it in, is to me a big deal.

I have not posted for a while in this thread as tbh I was sick of it.

Looked at re-rolling, played on The Bastion and found the ping did muck around with my enjoyment of pvp, not impossible but noticeable and not in a positive way.

Dalborra is where I headed next, but I just cant seem to get enthused for yet another re-roll.

Remember I re-rolled when APAC servers were opened but transfers had not yet happened.

So I keeep coming back to Master D, and perservering, and then getting annoyed, or more frquently these days..despondant.

I thought Eol put it best, we are paying a subscription for a substandard playing experience, and my time on the West Coast servers only highlighted that truth.

I go from 300 odd on The Bastion Rep fleet and then log onto Master D and rep fleet is 12 or so.

(at about 3pm AEDT so not prime time admittedly)

Thats just depressing.

Why am I paying for this?

In a nutshell, the toons I want to play are on a server that is all but dead.

What I want to do cannot be done in any convenient way atm.

(And by this I mean 20 min pvp que's in prime time and 1 hour ques if at all for FP's is not conveninet.)

To those of you saying toughen up and re-roll, thanks for your understanding and support :(

I feel that if I pay for a game, then I have some expectation of a reasonable playing experience but I guess thats not true.

Just struggling to stay enthused tbh

Not waving

Drowning

Edited by Sildanar
typo

Why am I paying for this?

In a nutshell, the toons I want to play are on a server that is all but dead.

What I want to do cannot be done in any convenient way atm.

(And by this I mean 20 min pvp que's in prime time and 1 hour ques if at all for FP's is not conveninet.)

To those of you saying toughen up and re-roll, thanks for your understanding and support :(

I feel that if I pay for a game, then I have some expectation of a reasonable playing experience but I guess thats not true.

Just struggling to stay enthused tbh

Not waving

Drowning

That right there is spot on and I totally agree - I think you are right to be able to demand a worthwhile playing experience. Because it does exist, just not where you are. My only conclusion is that they are afraid of getting to many people on bastion and to few 'active' servers. But do they rather lose all those players that do not want to re-roll? It is pretty black or white. Either allow people to transfer or risk losing their sub which most likely will be the case because why keep paying to log on to a ghost town?

I think all MMOs period should just have server transfers at a small cost available at all times. It is then up to the developer to properly maintain population. To populated - create incentive for people to create characters on new servers (new players).

"Everyone at BioWare is committed to ensuring that each and every one of our customers has the best possible experience while playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™."

Really Bioware................. really?

"Everyone at BioWare is committed to ensuring that each and every one of our US customers has the best possible experience while playing STar Wars™: The Old Republic™."

Fixed.

Edited by Chaori

"Everyone at BioWare is committed to ensuring that each and every one of our US customers has the best possible experience while playing STar Wars™: The Old Republic™."

Fixed.

About right. Right now I have no clue what they are planning. In oceanic APAC areas there are no advertisment campaigns to tell others its improved free to play system. They don't even run normal ads.

So there isn't very much new players coming in. So why not just X- server us. They did such a crappy half assed job in assessing which servers should belong with which. The consolidation did absolutely nothing and I bet there were areas in the US that would of been fine on the APAC line.

Bottom line is this.

1: They X-server us but with US based servers to fill the gap, so where back to ping being in their favor.

2: They give up on the APAC and just transfer us to US realms.

3: They actually came up with a solution but are holding out because they are busy with US customer concerns.

It will always end with oceanic being 4th world customers. Even though we have the population to make them rich.

Well, this will teach me to play an EA game again, I thought the fact it was Bioware would make a difference.

Alas . . .

Now it seems new races won't be released unless Cathar sell well . . . ooh, those several face models and textures, too much work!

Just when I thought you had hit the bottom you disappoint me again!

Edited by Evgen

I actually think it would be pretty disgraceful of EA to charge us to move toons around.

-Its their fault we didn't have servers at launch.I have numerous friends who have quit with toons formerly on the dead servers.Yet we can ahve hundreds of servers to later on.

-The american and Euro clients didn't ahve to pay for their QOL merge, Why should we?

-Most of us poor suckers have had to put up with 70+ maintences (approximately $55 worth of downtime @ 75% per day)

That being said, Jeff Hickman stop spinning us moonbeams and do something. We understand you can't keep everyone happy but for the love of god do something.

sigh i still cant believe nothing has been done yet

I can. It an EA funded game after all.

After a Year as a subscriber, a beta player and follow of TOR since 2010, I think its time to hand in the bat. Bioware utter failure to live up to their most basic of promises has forced me to reconsider playing this game.

While I may be just one player leaving Bioware, I'm one player following thousands who have left because of your inability to provide even a basic level of customer support for the APAC. Think about that for a minute.

To all the other APAC players from MDN, It has been a blast. Loved all the crazy adventure that we did. I hope Bioware gets around to fixing this issue. I would love to continue the adventure, but for now....

Farewell!

Just about one year on from Early Access ,i have finally thrown in the towel.

I started off on the Jek Jek Tar server and pounced on the chance to transfer to an apac when launched, i even rolled a toon on the server prior to test out the population, all was good but not for long.

Now it seems every week is harder and harder to fill guild 8 man op runs and if one person is a no show, then its darn impossible to fill his spot.

The guild has turned from an organised unit of scheduled runs to opportunistic 'look we have 10 people on lets do an ops' kinda thing,which is horrible to see as a guild leader.

So i'm finally over the weekly disapointment (which I am paying for with cash) and am resubbing.It was a tough decision but the right one,after all mmo's are for having fun with right?

Peace

Since maintenance will send people to the forums. Just thought I'd throw this up here a bit.

So been playing Oceania again, to gauge the difference in experience between US and Oceania servers. Make sure that nobody can say "Pfft, its not that bad". Well so far it is that bad. 4 people on Hoth during Oceania prime time, as opposed to 20+ on US off-peak. Little to no banter in chat. Nobody rping that I can see, and very little guild activity going on. I didn't even try and get a heroic with 3 other people on Hoth.

All and all, so far every complaint about Oceania servers rings true, and nobodies lying or needs to harden up. There is a HUGE difference between the two area's.

I'm from Dalborra ( got the free xfer there when the AU servers came out ) and had just subbed back to SWToR to find the pop nearly gone. But i'm not going to be making the same mistake with this one as i did in WAR.

I "will" be staying on an Oceanic server till the very end we need to support these servers even with numbers so low, many times we have been given servers ( local or just named ) and almost everytime ppl are quick to "jump ship".

It's sad to see yet another game where Oceanic players are gonna die out and the remainder are forced onto high traffic / ping servers just to keep playing. Lets hope we get an answer soon.....

Just to add my voice to the chorus....

Our guild has been in GW2 for a number of months, but have tired of it....so we've headed back to Master Dar'Nala/Republic.

It is dead.

I've been following this thread for a long time, and have been shocked at the lack of attention from Bioware/EA in resolving this issue. F2P has not worked so please either give us free xfers (to anywhere) or consolidate the 3 APAC servers into one.

I'm from Dalborra ( got the free xfer there when the AU servers came out ) and had just subbed back to SWToR to find the pop nearly gone. But i'm not going to be making the same mistake with this one as i did in WAR.

I "will" be staying on an Oceanic server till the very end we need to support these servers even with numbers so low, many times we have been given servers ( local or just named ) and almost everytime ppl are quick to "jump ship".

It's sad to see yet another game where Oceanic players are gonna die out and the remainder are forced onto high traffic / ping servers just to keep playing. Lets hope we get an answer soon.....

I too will stay on Dalborra. I'd be very sad to lose my names, its the reason i transferred off the American server's to begin with back in April. But if they'd consolidate some of the population in to our server from the APAC region, that'd be nice.

So I take it from the long thread still open that nothing has been fixed here?

:( Sad to hear it.

I've spent the last month away from the game, involved with other things, but I refused to unsub. However, the dead server is a killer for me and the free to play sucks. So it's either start fresh on another server or only take two of my characters allowed in ftp.

No thanks.

Dear Bioware, why haven't you don't anything to help us? It's been ages since Dar Nala died. It's painful to play.

So I take it from the long thread still open that nothing has been fixed here?

:( Sad to hear it.

I've spent the last month away from the game, involved with other things, but I refused to unsub. However, the dead server is a killer for me and the free to play sucks. So it's either start fresh on another server or only take two of my characters allowed in ftp.

No thanks.

Dear Bioware, why haven't you don't anything to help us? It's been ages since Dar Nala died. It's painful to play.

Recently Jef Hickman gave us a typically santitised response.

" we know your suffering but we ahve to wait till after F2P to asses the situation."

In otherwords sit there and pay us until we can be bothered .