Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Has anyone asked whether we get a discount on our subs now (waits for laughter to subside)? As it currently stands (and please correct me if I'm using wrong info) Australian and other corresponding territories are paying close to $US17 per month whereas the US is Paying $US15.

Since we no longer have our own, probably more expensive servers, to pay for we should be paying the same amount as our American brethren correct? I'd like to hear the rationale behind us paying more for an (even marginally) inferior product. This should/would also be a stepping stone in placating people, myself included, who feel a bit slighted on the APAC servers due to the upcoming mergers.

Hi your wrong :)

We have been paying higher subs for many many years but right now in our money as at the rate ATM we are paying $14.5755, its finally on the other foot...

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a qik Question

Why am i getting lag on the new Content ....... you guys at bio trying to get me ready for the future.

Note When I say Lag I mean LAG

And dont tell me its on my end

I got full rig with a TITAN doing the paddling

Its not just our server Harbringer is experiencing the same thing

the patch broke a few old fixes

The lag or freeze doesn't appear to be latency related when i am on harbinger server, looks like the 2.0 patch broke the global cool down fix from 1.2(around that time not sure which patch).

So combat is now really clunky.

^^this,

seems like some dev team lost their version control AGAIN,

it happened b4, they used old code, make fps huge drop,

it is not lag, it is the game performance, the ENGINE back to how sux it used to be.

Been away for a bit, whats the go, any word on when this transfer is happening?

Not so far; I guess they'll square away 2.0 and get back to us at some point. Given how long it took for them to even make and announce the decision, I calculate that we'll have action, oh, some time before the heat death of the universe. :D

Not so far; I guess they'll square away 2.0 and get back to us at some point. Given how long it took for them to even make and announce the decision, I calculate that we'll have action, oh, some time before the heat death of the universe. :D

Probably after that as they have to wait and see how that goes before they can do anything!

Too late by than.

There is so many MMOs going into open beta and some release that via for our playing time, making this fix for out population issues now pointless.

This is always been the problem with this game, they know what they have to do but take there sweat time doing it.

Edited by Jonnara

Too late by than.

There is so many MMOs going into open beta and some release that via for our playing time, making this fix for out population issues now pointless.

This is always been the problem with this game, they know what they have to do but take there sweat time doing it.

defiance is now out. i might have to take a look at it.

defiance is now out. i might have to take a look at it.

The TV show looked promising on the 1st episode.

From what I have seen on

, the game needs some more work as every MMO does on release.

So I'd wait a bit before jumping in.

This Weekend I have FFXIV ARR beta keep me occupied.

Neverwinter also starts on the 30th as well and i am 100% playing that one.

Last night got a heavy status on the APAC RP Server

Was wondering if it would be a good idea to transfer all the server types to the RP server and see how things turn..... :rak_02:

I know i would transfer if given the choice....

Edited by XXFEZXX

Last night got a heavy status on the APAC RP Server

Was wondering if it would be a good idea to transfer all the server types to the RP server and see how things turn..... :rak_02:

I know i would transfer if given the choice....

It's not really a heavy pop though.

If you have 400 subs/ftp players that have characters on the server - then that is your limit*

if 201 people are online across all those planets, the server will list as Heavy*

where as you have 200+ people sitting in fleet on NA servers....

*estimates only not precise figures.

Lol, heavy on that server is about 30 ppl on the fleet! Those indicators are based on the total population of that server not the total numbers. So even when it says heavy, there are still more ppl on Dalborra when it is standard.

It's a pretty stupid way of labelling them but anyway, it just goes to show that on that server there is a relatively high ratio of active players to players who rolled on that server then. And there's definitely more than 200 people across all the planets when it's listed as Heavy. Dunno where whoever said that got that figure from. Even so, mildly better pop while retaining our low latency (+community) is still the best solution in my and the majority of everyone else's opinions. Fact is there are plenty of people who would gladly sacrifice the greater population of an NA server just to stay on the servers even as they are now... So the whole "all 3 servers merged still has lower population than an NA server" is kinda moot. Edited by Master_Reuben

BW see it as how much money they can save. Hmm, close 2 servers or for the same amount of work close 3? Derp :rolleyes:

The end-all behind the decision (I believe) is nothing more than not having to maintain a server in Sydney, and give their execs a May Day bonus (or whatever) with the resultant savings. End of story.

While I signed the petition, I know it's not going to do any good. I'm prepared for (and resigned to) the move to NA - I think that at this juncture, it's the only logical course of action left. :(