Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Hi Everyone!

How was everyone's easter holiday? Mine was good I spent the weekend with family, eating chocolate and playing on dalborra enjoying the X2 xp weekend and low ping during pvp matches

It really does make me upset as our servers are going to get the shaft and dismantled because at the end of the day EAWARE have made their decision and it's final, and there's not anything we can do about it i.e signing a peition with unrealistic expectations or organising server events just for the sake of proving to EAWARE one server can be populated and healthy! (little do we know once said event is over the server pop will fade back into obscurity) :(

R.I.P APAC SERVERS!

Here here :) keen to get into some new content with our American friends!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here here :) keen to get into some new content with our American friends!

its Hear Hear.

I am starting to think you two are the same person, on different accounts...

Edited by Nommaz

its Hear Hear.

I am starting to think you two are the same person, on different accounts...

Sorry sir, I made a mistake please forgive me. Hear hear*

No quite obviously we are just two people who have similar opinions on what's happening to these servers.

Don't start with the conspiracy theories haha.

Just have fun in dalb while you can friend.

No quite obviously we are just two people who have similar opinions on what's happening to these servers.

It's just funny how you 2 seem to always be on at the same time to back the other up.

/tinfoil hat

Oh gawd u dun goofed.

How dare you make a grammar/spelling mistake on the internet! You have no credibility please stop posting or quit life.

And you are spamming the opposite! Same coin different side.

(Note I obviously do not work for eaware.)

Well no. You and a few others continue to post the petition link commanding Uncle Sam needs them to sign up.

I have made maybe 3 posts, rest of them being replies to people yelling at me for having the opposite (and logical) opinion to them.

And you are spamming the opposite! Same coin different side.

Well I am the unamed narrator

And he is tyler durden

He is the mirror image of what I aspire to be in life.

If you watched Fight Club youu would understand.

But until then keep your ear to the ground or else you'll never hear the buffalo coming - Ben Afleck!

Edited by jackdaley

I have responded to specific comments made by you in this thread of yours. You want the thread on a narrow focus of discussion, then do not introduce your own snarky seqway commentary.

This thread, IMO, offers nothing constructive to the discussion about the APAC server decision by Bioware. It is simply an attempt to create yet another thread for people to complain in. Server ping for SWTOR is what it is for you. WoW server ping, which you now admit never having played, is not relevant. That said, if you bother to read the latency history on the internet for WoW, it reads remarkalby the same as it does for SWTOR.. with one exception.... WoW never gave you low latency local servers to begin with. It was a business and commercial mistake on the part of Bioware to ever provide localization of servers for APAC. Bioware might disagree with my assessment of that failure, but hindsight (which is always 20/20) shows me to be right on this. They took a risk.. they reached out to give improved service to APAC. It failed. They now have to clean up the mess. It's NOT the first mess they have had to clean up where server populations are concerned. But there track record on addressing server population issues is positive over the last year. Was everyone pleased by how they went about it in each case? No. But that is the way it works in real life.

Pretty much this.

Any movement now to fix the apac mess will take some sacrifice on all parts. These things are never clean and a business decision had to be made. That's how real life works.

The truth of the matter is this:

Packet loss is way more important than ping time. If you can sustain a ping time under 200 with minimal packet loss the game is more than playable. Years ago when I moved home from college I still played final fantasy online but the only Internet my dad had was dial up. Yes. Dial up. I was able it play final fantasy with a 300ms ping but the packet loss was very low so it was playable.

If you can sustain a low packet loss you can play on a NA server. Is it perfect? No. Does it work? Yes.

Outside of the obvious trolls, I don’t think there are many players who don’t sympathize with the plight of the APAC players, because we have had the same issue of server pops and have suffered through the same solutions.

Ultimately, as Andryah said, Bioware tried to take the APAC player’s into consideration when they opened up those servers to enable you to play locally. As she said, it backfired, and the blame can only lie with those APAC players who left the game. Agreed, if this ultimately comes down to a logistics and financial decision that prevents an APAC server from being kept up, Bioware should come out and state that. But to blame them for the condition that the servers are in currently and their attempts to correct it in the manner they think best is a bit unwarranted in my opinion. If APAC players want to unsubscribe because they no longer find the game fun or to their liking, that is completely acceptable, but unsubscribing because you don’t like the current decision is kind of shooting yourselves in the foot – kind of like an American complaining about taxes and the state of politics in the country when never exercising your basic right to vote.

What I find most amusing about jack/elysiah is that he/they claim moral superiority by claiming our efforts are futile but their efforts to convince us is equally futile. Yet they don't follow their own advice!

It keeps me amused atleast.

And also the petition is now upto 765 signatures.

Edited by ChuangTzu

Summary of the Easter weekend posts for this topic:

"You suck"

"No, you suck"

"You're a ****"

"No, you're a ****"

"EAWARE response to this thread *link*"

"LOL"

"Sign this petition!"

"It won't work"

I'm guessing too much chocolate had something to do with this but congratulations on derailing any meaningful discussion about the proposed mergers. It's pretty obvious why the developers don't respond to our concerns for months on end if they have to wade through drivel of this magnitude.

I respectfully request that people go back over their posts and delete any flaming or counter flaming, youtube links, repeat posts saying the exact same thing and anything else of no relation to the topic at hand.

Edited by Yubided

Agreed, if this ultimately comes down to a logistics and financial decision that prevents an APAC server from being kept up, Bioware should come out and state that. But to blame them for the condition that the servers are in currently and their attempts to correct it in the manner they think best is a bit unwarranted in my opinion.

I'd agree with this except that the blame for the lack of players for sustainable APAC is on them.

They barely advertised when the game was released in the region and then never advertised since, not even with free to play models. Then when we saw the numbers decreasing, loyal players like Chippy started and continued to promote this thread. Three months later they said they will do something in a couple days. Months later a message that they will talk to us after F2P (which again was never advertised to the region). Months more then a State of the Game comment about how the servers are Rocking!

Then after months and months of us losing more and more players who desperately wanted to stay loyal we get a new mouth piece who declares that the best quality game experiance for us is to moved to US servers. This is because during offpeak these servers have more population than we do (despite looking like those off peak times that coincide with APAC prime time are not as populated as claimed), and those servers otherwise having complaints about overpopulation instability.

This we are told is for our quality game experiance. Not because this will save money, or server problems in Aust or how Aust has bad ping to most of the Pacific and Asian region, or other genuine problems. They want to move us to unstable US servers with increased ping (reducing our capacity for HM and NiM Ops and Ranked PVP) and spread us out because it will improve our ability to use group finder to do Flashpoints and normal WZs.

They choked us to the point they could close us, and then they lie to us and chose the actions that will give us some inceased quality at the cost of basic decreased quality of product.

At what point should we not feel they are at fault for this?

Summary of the Easter weekend posts for this topic:

"You suck"

"No, you suck"

"You're a ****"

"No, you're a ****"

"EAWARE response to this thread *link*"

"LOL"

"Sign this petition!"

"It won't work"

I'm guessing too much chocolate had something to do with this but congratulations on derailing any meaningful discussion about the proposed mergers. It's pretty obvious why the developers don't respond to our concerns for months on end if they have to wade through drivel of this magnitude.

I respectfully request that people go back over their posts and delete any flaming or counter flaming, youtube links, repeat posts saying the exact same thing and anything else of no relation to the topic at hand.

Then the thread would only be two pages long! :)

Nice try! Get another 740 of those then you might have a case.

Edit: try another 750 now.

Lol 4 pages confirmed over 90 people against the merger idea... there is almost 500 pages bro...

again your petition doesnt mean jack to EA, the money loving CEO doesn't give 2 ***** about your area because it just isnt bringing in the millions that they feed off of.

EA isn't run by passionate gamers or programmers that care about the way you feel, they are run by greedy millionairs that are trying to turn gaming into cold hard profit, and thats the bottom line. Face the facts, the higher ups have made their choice on the matter and are on a golf course at this very moment blowing the thousands of dollars they make every minute on vacation until after 2.0 is released.

Yall are going to be squeezed into America petition or whatever and I would be willing to bet more than what I got on it... so welcome to the family lol!

Edited by chriscshunter

@ TravelersWay

I have responded to specific comments made by you in this thread of yours. You want the thread on a narrow focus of discussion, then do not introduce your own snarky seqway commentary.

This thread, IMO, offers nothing constructive to the discussion about the APAC server decision by Bioware. It is simply an attempt to create yet another thread for people to complain in. .

The reason we complain is cuz we love the game not cuz we hate it. so check.......

Lol 4 pages confirmed over 90 people against the merger idea... there is almost 500 pages bro...

again your petition doesnt mean jack to EA, the money loving CEO doesn't give 2 ***** about your area because it just isnt bringing in the millions that they feed off of.

EA isn't run by passionate gamers or programmers that care about the way you feel, they are run by greedy millionairs that are trying to turn gaming into cold hard profit, and thats the bottom line. Face the facts, the higher ups have made their choice on the matter and are on a golf course at this very moment blowing the thousands of dollars they make every minute on vacation until after 2.0 is released.

Yall are going to be squeezed into America petition or whatever and I would be willing to bet more than what I got on it... so welcome to the family lol!

So... in your opinion, people should just continue sending their money to eaware no matter what they do? Should eaware be completely unaccountable for the decisions they make and if not, what recourse is there to make eaware aware of our disapproval if petitions, forums and unsubscribing is futile?

Just because you've bent over and had the pineapple inserted, doesn't mean we are going to. ;)

i can summarize everyone's feelings about this merge very logically:

Do you enjoy the game?

YES -> Stay till after merges see if its terrible , if terrible unsub and move on.

Do you enjoy the game only because of the low ping?

YES->Unsub

So when is this transfer going to be? Before early access starts?

Considering the lack of work over the Easter holiday, the priority on the 2.0 release, and that they have never had the automated transfer system working fully right up to the last PTS copy, I'd say no chance.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if the 2.0 code changes include streamlining the character details to make the automated transfer system work. Either way, I don't see them sparing the man hours to fix the faults in transfering us right before a major revamp which will no doubt need the time to fix aberations and complaints as well.

Considering the size of this merger, I would not expect any new system for comparing time played for keeping names, or to allow the transfer of guild details.