Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Lol 4 pages confirmed over 90 people against the merger idea... there is almost 500 pages bro...

again your petition doesnt mean jack to EA, the money loving CEO doesn't give 2 ***** about your area because it just isnt bringing in the millions that they feed off of.

EA isn't run by passionate gamers or programmers that care about the way you feel, they are run by greedy millionairs that are trying to turn gaming into cold hard profit, and thats the bottom line. Face the facts, the higher ups have made their choice on the matter and are on a golf course at this very moment blowing the thousands of dollars they make every minute on vacation until after 2.0 is released.

Yall are going to be squeezed into America petition or whatever and I would be willing to bet more than what I got on it... so welcome to the family lol!

Nice counting, there are only 10 posts per page so in 4 pages it would only be possible to have 40 ppl object. I just had a quick look at the first 4 pages and only saw 2 ppl who wanted something other than a merge. So once again you show me that more ppl WANT to move to US servers and not a APAC merge (and not just those that accept what is happening) then u have a case.

As for EA not giving a stuff, you are right but that does not mean we can't at least try to change their minds.

As for the decision being motivated buy money i totally agree, i just wish they would not feed us this warm bs that it is what we wanted.

Edit: now 786 signatures.

Edited by ChuangTzu

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice counting, there are only 10 posts per page so in 4 pages it would only be possible to have 40 ppl object. I just had a quick look at the first 4 pages and only saw 2 ppl who wanted something other than a merge. So once again you show me that more ppl WANT to move to US servers and not a APAC merge (and not just those that accept what is happening) then u have a case.

As for EA not giving a stuff, you are right but that does not mean we can't at least try to change their minds.

As for the decision being motivated buy money i totally agree, i just wish they would not feed us this warm bs that it is what we wanted.

Edit: now 786 signatures.

Someone spoke on behalf of 80 people in their guild... Thats how I got 90 :p

I am telling you this is just another EA money deal. They weren't making the numbers so they are straight to business as usual and throwing all you guys over there into a move it or lose it scenerio and canning your servers. A petition isn't going to change their mind. A few million dollars might, but good luck coughing up that kinda cash lol!

I'm sorry, I hate EA as much as anyone... trust me.

I really like the potential of this game, but its clearly going in a horrible direction and am having a hard time letting it go. Maybe when Elder Scrolls Online comes out? I sure hope so...

Edited by chriscshunter

Maybe if y'all stopped all the personal attacks, shooting of the messenger and general ************ up a storm this thread would be tolerable. But no.

GET A SINGLE IDEA. REPEAT IT.

ONE MESSAGE. ONE VOICE. BE

NICE DAMMIT. WHO LISTENS TO

AN ANGRY MOB?

Hear me out for a second eric.

1. Give free transfers to all on APAC.

2. Everyone from Darnala and Gav Daragon transfer over to Dalborra.

3. Merge the remaining data/players to dalborra after a few weeks.

4. Profit!!!

THIS IS WHAT WE ALL WANTED YOU TO DO. SIMPLE.

Otherwise it's just a bunch of people yelling, and no one wants to listen to that. I'm amazed he even came in with the updates he has done. With the level of maturity in this thread I'm glad most of you wont be coming to my East Coast US server.

Is it probably a money decision, yea. But still, prove you are a mature, worthwhile player base worth saving and building for. If this thread is any indication, you guys aren't. Change that.

^^ Well said Sprgmr. Unfortunately, too little too late. That should have been done from the outset, but hindsight is always 20/20

I'd agree with this except that the blame for the lack of players for sustainable APAC is on them.

They barely advertised when the game was released in the region and then never advertised since, not even with free to play models. Then when we saw the numbers decreasing, loyal players like Chippy started and continued to promote this thread. Three months later they said they will do something in a couple days. Months later a message that they will talk to us after F2P (which again was never advertised to the region). Months more then a State of the Game comment about how the servers are Rocking!

Then after months and months of us losing more and more players who desperately wanted to stay loyal we get a new mouth piece who declares that the best quality game experiance for us is to moved to US servers. This is because during offpeak these servers have more population than we do (despite looking like those off peak times that coincide with APAC prime time are not as populated as claimed), and those servers otherwise having complaints about overpopulation instability.

This we are told is for our quality game experiance. Not because this will save money, or server problems in Aust or how Aust has bad ping to most of the Pacific and Asian region, or other genuine problems. They want to move us to unstable US servers with increased ping (reducing our capacity for HM and NiM Ops and Ranked PVP) and spread us out because it will improve our ability to use group finder to do Flashpoints and normal WZs.

They choked us to the point they could close us, and then they lie to us and chose the actions that will give us some inceased quality at the cost of basic decreased quality of product.

At what point should we not feel they are at fault for this?

I barely saw any advertising in my area for the game either - I think I might have seen one superbowl commercial and that was it. I saw nothing for the F2P move. Advertising is a huge chunk of budget money, so there is little surprise that it was cut back after launch.

As Andrayah said in the quote I copied - BW attempted to the right thing by providing localized servers to APAC - something not every game has or will do. It has proven to be unsustainable - firstly because the overall population that left prior to the first two mergers of the US and EU servers (anyone who asking questions about how names and transfers are handled need only look to the prior examples). The launch of F2P showed a tremendous influx and return of players in those two regions - again, with little national advertising as well. The six month trial for APAC is essentially over, that region has not shown the same influx, so why would anyone assume it can still be sustainable. Just looking at this thread here, the players themselves are still divided upon the best course of action - a single-server merge is not ultimately going to reverse course here. It may stem the tide and help in the short term, but ultimately the logistics and demographics say that eventually, we'll just be in the same boat we are now and looking at the current solution as the inevitable one again - only this time with less players than there are now. Again it is not BW's fault for the player's who could not manage their own expectations of the game and quit because of it. It is not BW's fault that the APAC region can simply not pull enough of a sustainable playerbase to ultimately make localized servers a sustainable idea.

@ TravelersWay

I have responded to specific comments made by you in this thread of yours. You want the thread on a narrow focus of discussion, then do not introduce your own snarky seqway commentary.

This thread, IMO, offers nothing constructive to the discussion about the APAC server decision by Bioware. It is simply an attempt to create yet another thread for people to complain in. .

The reason we complain is cuz we love the game not cuz we hate it. so check.......

Actually, that was a quote I copied over from another player who I thought made a good point. The portion you are referring to relates more to that thread than to this one. I thought that the entire post would be better in context, but can see how it might be confused. No one argues the fact that most of us (aside from the trolls) complain on the forums because we love playing the game, however, ultimately, what I said above still stands - there comes a point where you have to accept the fact that BW tried to do something positive on the belief that the game would be a lot more popular and sustainable than it was. They were wrong and now must do what is in the best interest of the overall game. Continuing to have trial periods and multiple mergers/server changes is not in the best interest of the gamer - better to do the inevitable in one shot and get it over with than drag it out any longer.

Edited by TravelersWay

Not sure if this has been mentioned but.....

The Oceanic Gamer website has done a story on the petition to save the APAC servers. A little media attention never hurts especially when they are sympathetic to the cause.

Here is the link

http://oceanicgamer.com/2013/04/petitions-to-save-swtor-oceanic-servers/

Keep fighting guys! Over 800 voices and counting.

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/keep-apac-servers-for-swtor-available-and-merge-them-into-1.html

Edited by PseudoScience

The Oceanic Gamer website has done a story on the petition to save the APAC servers. A little media attention never hurts especially when they are sympathetic to the cause.

Here is the link

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/keep-apac-servers-for-swtor-available-and-merge-them-into-1.html

Yes this has been very helpful. There is also a Facebook group where I posted the link for the petition also.

Here is the link

Add 1 extra digit and EAWARE just might take a look at this petition, if they have some free time. :rolleyes:

I give you guys an E for effort!

Edit: Make that two digits: As the last EA game to have a petition had like over 100.000 and yet they still failed so GLHF

Edited by jackdaley

Hi everyone! Information on the server pages has gone out, the schedule for Sunday's event looks like this:

SCHEDULE FOR EVENT

• 5:00PM AEDT - Welcome to APAC

EsKy and Scorpio welcome everyone to Dalborra.

Starting with a no-pants party on the Republic Fleet and then moving to the Imperial Fleet

• 5:10PM AEDT - APAC DISCUSSION

GM's of all the APAC Guilds invited to a Round Table with EsKy and Scorpio to discuss

single APAC Server and merge.

• 5:30PM AEDT - WARZONES!

Pre-50 Warzone Ques on both Imperial and Republic side!

• 6:30PM AEDT - OUTLAWS DEN

Fly yourself or jump in someone else's ship! Lets get all of APAC out to Outlaws Den for:

- Faction Skirmish

- Capture the Flag

- Kill the General

- 1v1 Matches!

• 7:45PM AEDT - BOUNTY HUNT

EsKy is hiding somewhere in the Universe. Scorpio will provide clues through the stream:

The first person to track down EsKy: Wins the Prize!

• 8:00PM AEDT - CANTINA CRAWL

Both Factions as many people as possible going from Planet to Planet, Cantina to Cantina.

Must have at least 2 drinks in each location!

ALL Guild GM's that want to participate in the APAC Discussion: Please send a message to Brusey/Icesis on DALBORRA before 4:00PM SUNDAY 7th APRIL. Include your GUILD Name, Faction, Main Server and number of Guildies.

Hope to see you there!

Edited by Scorpiooooo

Hi everyone! Information on the server pages has gone out, the schedule for Sunday's event looks like this:

SCHEDULE FOR EVENT

Starting with a no-pants party on the Republic Fleet and then moving to the Imperial Fleet

GM's of all the APAC Guilds invited to a Round Table with EsKy and Scorpio to discuss

single APAC Server

Fly yourself or jump in someone else's ship! Lets get all of APAC out to Outlaws Den for:

- Faction Skirmish

- Capture the Flag

- Kill the General

- 1v1 Matches!

EsKy is hiding somewhere in the Universe. Scorpio will provide clues through the stream:

Both Factions as many people as possible going from Planet to Planet, Cantina to Cantina.

ALL Guild GM's that want to participate in the APAC Discussion: Please send a message to Brusey/Icesis on DALBORRA before 4:00PM SUNDAY 7th APRIL. Include your GUILD Name, Faction, Main Server and number of Guildies.

Hope to see you there!

Sounds awesome bro.

I'll be there!

IT'S JUST A SHAME WE WONT GET TO DO MORE OF THESE ON THE APAC SERVER AS WE'RE BEING FORCED TO TRANSFER OR BE MERGED....AND NO AMOUNT OF PETITIONS OR SERVER GATHERINGS IS GOING TO CHANGE EAWARES DECISION! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Edited by jackdaley

Sounds awesome bro.

I'll be there!

IT'S JUST A SHAME WE WONT GET TO DO MORE OF THESE ON THE APAC SERVER AS WE'RE BEING FORCED TO TRANSFER OR BE MERGED....AND NO AMOUNT OF PETITIONS OR SERVER GATHERINGS IS GOING TO CHANGE EAWARES DECISION! :D

man that spacing sucks... maybe Bioware can fix - hahahahaha... oh man, I can't even finish that sentence.

SCHEDULE FOR EVENT

single APAC Server and merge.

- Faction Skirmish

- Capture the Flag

- Kill the General

- 1v1 Matches!

Hope to see you there!

I'll be there for as much as possible.

Maybe if you multiply that number by 5 ea/bioware might look at it then continue with their plan anyway haha. Glhf.

Sounds awesome bro.

I'll be there!

IT'S JUST A SHAME WE WONT GET TO DO MORE OF THESE ON THE APAC SERVER AS WE'RE BEING FORCED TO TRANSFER OR BE MERGED....AND NO AMOUNT OF PETITIONS OR SERVER GATHERINGS IS GOING TO CHANGE EAWARES DECISION! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Edited by MyPetMonkey