Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop trolling this thread. You're opinion is well stated already. At this stage, right or wrong, you are now trolling.

How is one a troll for voicing a minority opinion? :rolleyes: Love how opinion is considered infalmmatory and off-topic just because it goes against the grain of what you believe.

The attempts at stifling decision in this thread by some of the posters has been over the top. Even before mergers were announced, there was nastiness towards those who were "against" mergers, and now to those who are looking forward to mergers to the West Coast. I wish everyone could respect each others' opinions and RIGHT to post whatever they want on these forums, subject to moderation by the actual moderators.

And if you want to define troll as someone repeating the same opinion over and over, well for the sake of consistency please tell the petition people to stop trolling their peitition - it's been spammed in countless threads throughout the forums. Thanks.

Edited by iheartnyc

imo the gaming culture in Oceania pales in comparison to US and EU thats why most mmos only have servers in this region, also most of the big gaming companies are based in those regions. So im not surprised that these servers have a severe lack of population, i am however very much looking forward to the merge.

It's all over but it seems these kids don't understand some garbage petition with no grounds would help 1 reason I never bothered to sign it was because I saw multiple signatures and it was very possible 1 person done it using family names.

You could get 10,000 people to sign it and still bioware would be using it as toilet paper because it's got no merit now if an official one was setup by EA then I have no issue signing but they didn't have to bother due to they done the book work along time ago and the Oceanic community wasn't bringing in the money so all you dreamers get with it and wakeup and buy some tissues cause you will need them once 2.0 hits.

Good to see major guilds are moving over to enjoy the game they have worked so hard on even though this post might seem harsh to the care bears of the Oceanic servers get over it and move on like the rest of us are.

Ping

pong

Ping

pong

Time out

Edited by elitenz

When is this actually happening...

They don't even know how they're doing it yet, judging by their silence on follow-up questions.

Suit 1 "Well... doing nothing for 7 months didn't help, so go with the cheapest option?"

Suit 2 "Done - let's pretend slashing their playability in an already unstable game engine will improve their playability, since puggers will have insomniacs to run with."

Intern "Wouldn't cross-server Group Finder achieve the same thing, without screwing over the rest of their population?"

Suit 1 "You're fired, Jenkins... hey, I just slashed another cost! Great, tell the Forum minions to write up a post... now we just have to decide on an actual time-frame, so it looks like this wasn't a snap decision."

imo the gaming culture in Oceania pales in comparison to US and EU thats why most mmos only have servers in this region, also most of the big gaming companies are based in those regions. So im not surprised that these servers have a severe lack of population, i am however very much looking forward to the merge.

Blizzard skipped it because the lowest-bid company they picked for Oceanic Starcraft servers went belly-up, and Telstra wanted more than the pittance offered.

Every other company trying to copy WoW just figured "There musn't be a market, if Blizzard didn't set up shop." WAR and SWTOR figured differently, but their internal problems put pay to that.

It's all over but it seems these kids don't understand some garbage petition with no grounds would help 1 reason I never bothered to sign it was because I saw multiple signatures and it was very possible 1 person done it using family names.

You could get 10,000 people to sign it and still bioware would be using it as toilet paper because it's got no merit now if an official one was setup by EA then I have no issue signing but they didn't have to bother due to they done the book work along time ago and the Oceanic community wasn't bringing in the money so all you dreamers get with it and wakeup and buy some tissues cause you will need them once 2.0 hits.

Good to see major guilds are moving over to enjoy the game they have worked so hard on even though this post might seem harsh to the care bears of the Oceanic servers get over it and move on like the rest of us are.

Ping

pong

Ping

pong

Time out

It's ppl like you who bring the community down, we are fighting for it. Do we expect to win? It is unlikely but we want to keep our community intact while increasing our population and keeping our low ping. If anyone thinks that is bad, then I don't want to play with them.

Oceanic/APAC/Australian servers are increasingly becoming the norm in big budget games and even some smaller ones too.

However, many companies fail in the APAC market because they just assume that the cultures of US and Australia, NZ, etc are so similar that if they "build it, they will come" - a flawed marketing philosophy at best. With all the flaws in the game aside, hopefully Bioware/EA learns an important lesson from this that you can't take the APAC market for granted.

And yet another APAC server carcass left behind by a gaming corporation.

Edited by PseudoScience

They don't even know how they're doing it yet, judging by their silence on follow-up questions.

Suit 1 "Well... doing nothing for 7 months didn't help, so go with the cheapest option?"

Suit 2 "Done - let's pretend slashing their playability in an already unstable game engine will improve their playability, since puggers will have insomniacs to run with."

Intern "Wouldn't cross-server Group Finder achieve the same thing, without screwing over the rest of their population?"

Suit 1 "You're fired, Jenkins... hey, I just slashed another cost! Great, tell the Forum minions to write up a post... now we just have to decide on an actual time-frame, so it looks like this wasn't a snap decision."

You gave me a morning chuckle, TY

Hi everyone! Information on the server pages has gone out, the schedule for Sunday's event looks like this:

SCHEDULE FOR EVENT

• 5:00PM AEDT - Welcome to APAC

EsKy and Scorpio welcome everyone to Dalborra.

Starting with a no-pants party on the Republic Fleet and then moving to the Imperial Fleet

• 5:10PM AEDT - APAC DISCUSSION

GM's of all the APAC Guilds invited to a Round Table with EsKy and Scorpio to discuss

single APAC Server and merge.

• 5:30PM AEDT - WARZONES!

Pre-50 Warzone Ques on both Imperial and Republic side!

• 6:30PM AEDT - OUTLAWS DEN

Fly yourself or jump in someone else's ship! Lets get all of APAC out to Outlaws Den for:

- Faction Skirmish

- Capture the Flag

- Kill the General

- 1v1 Matches!

• 7:45PM AEDT - BOUNTY HUNT

EsKy is hiding somewhere in the Universe. Scorpio will provide clues through the stream:

The first person to track down EsKy: Wins the Prize!

• 8:00PM AEDT - CANTINA CRAWL

Both Factions as many people as possible going from Planet to Planet, Cantina to Cantina.

Must have at least 2 drinks in each location!

ALL Guild GM's that want to participate in the APAC Discussion: Please send a message to Brusey/Icesis on DALBORRA before 4:00PM SUNDAY 7th APRIL. Include your GUILD Name, Faction, Main Server and number of Guildies.

Hope to see you there!

We're getting close now, 1 day to go.

We're getting close now, 1 day to go.

Still no clue as to where the Guild Round Table will be? I suggested the Voss-ka City somewhere and in game was told that was a good idea, and that my guild would be attending, but have no reply since then as to where it will be held.

Still no clue as to where the Guild Round Table will be? I suggested the Voss-ka City somewhere and in game was told that was a good idea, and that my guild would be attending, but have no reply since then as to where it will be held.

Sounds fun! Will have to hope that they let us know b4 hand.

Most likely will be on Fleet (Imp and Pub) for this, with GM's from each APAC Server on Vent. Not everyone in the chat will have toons on the server for this bit! We may go to Voss-ka City for some of the fun and games later on!!! :)

I've been trying to reply to everyone and PM those who've posted about wanting to participate in the Round Table all the vent info for tonight. If you want to be there, please PM your Guild Name, Number of Players, Faction and Toon Name to Brusey (Pub) or Icesis (Imp) on Dalborra

And if you want to define troll as someone repeating the same opinion over and over, well for the sake of consistency please tell the petition people to stop trolling their peitition - it's been spammed in countless threads throughout the forums. Thanks.

Out of curiosity what is your latency to the APAC servers compared US servers? You aren't in Australia right? Just play in our timezone?

Edited by MouldyCrow

I applaud the people involved in creating this event, and getting people involved.

However, given the response on Tatooine on the Dalbora server just now, I would not be surprised if more people quit the game.

Ganking a spawn point at a base has DESTROYED this event for me, and many of my friends from Gav Daragon.

I will not have anything to do with any of the PVE players now and will probably leave SWTOR based on the idiotic behaviour displayed.

So much for an event designed to get BW/EA's attention. They would have seen this and laughed their nuts off.

Bye.

I applaud the people involved in creating this event, and getting people involved.

However, given the response on Tatooine on the Dalbora server just now, I would not be surprised if more people quit the game.

Ganking a spawn point at a base has DESTROYED this event for me, and many of my friends from Gav Daragon.

I will not have anything to do with any of the PVE players now and will probably leave SWTOR based on the idiotic behaviour displayed.

So much for an event designed to get BW/EA's attention. They would have seen this and laughed their nuts off.

Bye.

pvp happened, here is my rebuttal . and counter point as to what the poster is like

Edited by darthnish

Bye.

Glad you met SPC, they like to ruin things for everyone.

Edited by aVmuse