Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Not even 1,000 signatures on the petition yet. Just give it up.

I levelled a Shadow over the double xp weekend and was lucky to see five people on the later planets like Quesh and Voss and this was on Dalborra. Other levelling planets from about Alderaan were lucky to have 30 people.

So if Dalborra had 5 on the later planets then the other two servers would have less thus a merge wouldn't do anything.

Looking forward to moving to play with our US friends.

I hope they move us before 2.0. The only reason I say this is because I'd like a bit of contingency time to be considered if something stuffs up with the move and my RotHC experience is hindered/delayed in someway because of a miss-transferred character.

So maintenance this Tuesday would be nice. Thanks!

Never! We will keep on fighting, it isn't over until the fat EA executive sings!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I levelled a Shadow over the double xp weekend and was lucky to see five people on the later planets like Quesh and Voss and this was on Dalborra. Other levelling planets from about Alderaan were lucky to have 30 people.

So if Dalborra had 5 on the later planets then the other two servers would have less thus a merge wouldn't do anything.

I hope they move us before 2.0. The only reason I say this is because I'd like a bit of contingency time to be considered if something stuffs up with the move and my RotHC experience is hindered/delayed in someway because of a miss-transferred character.

Given the low numbers of players that actually come to the forums, to get 700 signatures in 3 days is pretty darn good.

If heavily populated super servers was a make or break issue for anyone up to this point in time their exists a solution go roll a toon on the US servers with your friends and start leveling up. You could have been doing that for the last 6 months and your US friends have been waiting for you all that time.

On the other hand all those who chose to play on the APAC servers because of the better game experience due to minimal latency and associated lag are about to be shafted. People seem to forget that the APAC servers were launched with a mass migration and player transfers from the very servers we are going to be forcibly transferred back to.

The population on Dalborra has been standard for sometime and queue times have been acceptable during peak times, the PVP server on the other hand has been dead and some thing needed to be done to address their issue but a merger with high latency PvP destroying servers is not the solution they were looking for.

The best solution would be to simply offer the APAC server communties free transfers to any server of their choosing and merge the APAC servers into one APAC based PVE super server.

As I said at the start, if population were a game breaking issue - people would already have quit the game or re-rolled on the NA servers. High Latency is a game breaking issue for many players forcing people on to the NA servers will result in many more lost subscriptions broken guilds and damaged communities.

I remember when SOE ignored their player base in SWG chasing the WoW audience and destroyed their game. EAWare are in danger of repeating the same mistake.

Given the low numbers of players that actually come to the forums, to get 700 signatures in 3 days is pretty darn good.

Pretty good for everything except making someone pay attention to reverse a decision. 700 signatures is nothing, 1,000 signatures is nothing.

The best solution would be to simply offer the APAC server communties free transfers to any server of their choosing and merge the APAC servers into one APAC based PVE super server.

As I said at the start, if population were a game breaking issue - people would already have quit the game or re-rolled on the NA servers. High Latency is a game breaking issue for many players forcing people on to the NA servers will result in many more lost subscriptions broken guilds and damaged communities.

That's not the best solution at all, the best solution for a population problem is to put us with a populated community. The 700 signatures that you're impressed with all complained about a population issue, they suggested a possible solution with an APAC server merge but BW have openly stated that this would not fix the population issue, which was the main gripe in the first place. So the whinging would have continued.

Why would people re-roll on another sever and break up their legacy and guild when it was said back in September last year that they were looking at solutions to the APAC server population?

The people of this forum have caused the shut down of the APAC servers, no one else. You should have been petitioning for server transfers, not a population issue within APAC. Now the problem has been solved so you can reap what you have sewn.

People posting YouTube videos of population comparisons between APAC and US servers and people saying "There's no one here!!!" and "OMG what's this thread doing on Page 3!?!" congratulations you got what you wanted. Now you've realised you probably fought the wrong battle.

If your name is on the petition and you have also posted here raging about population issues? You did this. No one else. Don't try to back pedal.

Let's assume that we are right that this is a purely financial decision.

Considering that this is an EA game, we can also assume it is being hosted in the EA server farm for Australia.

http://users.tpg.com.au/j0nnara2/apac.jpg

Servers are at Vocus Communications at North Sydney have a look at my screen cap. EA is paying for hosting they don't seem to have a server farm here.

I'll admit I'm accepting it now. However annoying the whole situation is, I sure will love the excessive population we'll soon have.

Now the tough decision of whether to go to The Harbinger or The Bastion... Where are you current Master Dar'Nala folks going?

Edited by PurpleCliff

I'll admit I'm accepting it now. However annoying the whole situation is, I sure will love the excessive population we'll soon have.

Now the tough decision of whether to go to The Harbinger or The Bastion... Where are you current Master Dar'Nala folks going?

I have re rolled on Harbinger and already have 2 50s on there so i am going there.

Yeah i feel the same way mate.

Look there is no way Ea/bioware will reverse their decision.

The MAIN problem with the APAC servers was population. They have given us a solution.

Eric has already stated why an apac merger isnt going ahead so this petition going around (which is against forum guidlines - to post petitions to change the game) Wont reverse the decision. This is happening, i suggest you enjoy the time you have left with your low ping, current guild and community. I just hope they make the change sooner then later.

Look there is no way Ea/bioware will reverse their decision.

The MAIN problem with the APAC servers was population. They have given us a solution.

Eric has already stated why an apac merger isnt going ahead so this petition going around (which is against forum guidlines - to post petitions to change the game) Wont reverse the decision. This is happening, i suggest you enjoy the time you have left with your low ping, current guild and community. I just hope they make the change sooner then later.

This,i was in the minority of asking a server transfer to a EU server,because i feel culturaly closer to the old continent,so i decided to leave my commando level 50 as it is until we will get a payed server transfer,but at the moment accept the facts that this is their decision,just cope with this,and i find pretty annoying to spam all around the general forum anout the APAC server like little childs,we have this thread here,and it's more than enough.

see what i will soon be whinging about is, when the **** are they going to transfer us?

30 days after official notice is given as per there TOS and EULA

posting here isnt an official notice.

Edited by Nommaz

Pretty good for everything except making someone pay attention to reverse a decision. 700 signatures is nothing, 1,000 signatures is nothing.

That's not the best solution at all, the best solution for a population problem is to put us with a populated community. The 700 signatures that you're impressed with all complained about a population issue, they suggested a possible solution with an APAC server merge but BW have openly stated that this would not fix the population issue, which was the main gripe in the first place. So the whinging would have continued.

Why would people re-roll on another sever and break up their legacy and guild when it was said back in September last year that they were looking at solutions to the APAC server population?

The people of this forum have caused the shut down of the APAC servers, no one else. You should have been petitioning for server transfers, not a population issue within APAC. Now the problem has been solved so you can reap what you have sewn.

People posting YouTube videos of population comparisons between APAC and US servers and people saying "There's no one here!!!" and "OMG what's this thread doing on Page 3!?!" congratulations you got what you wanted. Now you've realised you probably fought the wrong battle.

If your name is on the petition and you have also posted here raging about population issues? You did this. No one else. Don't try to back pedal.

Did you even read what I wrote ? If population is an issue then it has already been solved - there are plenty of servers for players to chose from all EAWare needs to do is to facilitate the move by giving players the option of a free transfer.

When I accepted a transfer from the NA servers to APAC is was not because of population concerns it was because of the vastly improved gameplay due to low latency. Many others on the APAC servers came here for the same reason.

I have been more than happy with the population and community on Dalborra and have never complained or raged about population concerns. Population on the PvP and RP servers has been an issue for some, but that would largely be solved by an APAC PvE super server.

This EAware decision looks like that of a disinterested bean counter and is certainly not going to do anything to enhance my game play experience and indeed it borders on game breaking. I've played on NA servers - the experience is sub par. If you can live with high latency and lag that's fine, but EAWare shouldn't expect people to be happy about a degraded service.

As I mentioned in an earlier post. The game did not originally launch in Australia because EAWare in their own words, could not provide an adequate game play experience due principally to latency. So we had to wait for the APAC servers before the game officially launched here. Now 12 months later with no improvement in latency issues EAWare suddenly regard the game experiencing on NA servers as acceptable to us. Clearly the spin doctors have been working over time.

Please EAWare reverse this decision. It is a bad one.

http://users.tpg.com.au/j0nnara2/apac.jpg

Servers are at Vocus Communications at North Sydney have a look at my screen cap. EA is paying for hosting they don't seem to have a server farm here.

Semantics strawman on your part. Lots of companies do not actually own their sever farms (regardless of size) because they lease them from companies that specialize in providing server virtualization for to other companies. ;)

The relative cost to a company on a cash flow basis is about the same, but they benefit in the long run (due to tax law and financial compliance and reporting) because they do not need to capitalize the servers and depreciate them.

Edited by Andryah

I have been more than happy with the population and community on Dalborra and have never complained or raged about population concerns. Population on the PvP and RP servers has been an issue for some, but that would largely be solved by an APAC PvE super server.

It is clear, from what Bioware has shared, that their analytics tell them a different story. It suggests that the population trends in APAC do not support continued existence of one super-server in the long term. Short term.. probably. It's the long term that they had to address though (just like they did last year in NA and EU) otherwise it's bleeding by a thousand cuts and they just have to come back in six months and pull the plug and move you all anyway. [i feel you also need to consider that they may not have had an option with their server provider in Australia to actually bring the super server approach they use in US and EU online. None of us know for sure, but it's worthy of thought.]

I get that the decision they made is not popular with some... but the decision is made. And this little petition effort you guys have going isn't going to do anything. Remember last year when NCsoft pulled the plug on CoH?? There was a 21,000 signature petition on the internet for them to not do that. They did it anyway. My point being... when a business decision of this type is made by a corporation.. it's final. They will have analyzed it every which way for pros/cons for them and their customer base before coming to an operational decision. They may tweak a few things.. like free interserver transfers when you all are relocated to NA West servers (which is a good thing for them to do actually and they said they would), but the core decision to shut down server operations in Australia is not reversible. You don't have to like it, but you have to accept it and then decide for each person how they will adjust to it (move, quit, etc.).

APAC folks wanted a decison made to address the declining populations on the servers. It took Bioware too long to make a decision IMO, but they made one. It won't please everyone... no solution would... it's a touch ball of twine to have to deal with. Time to move forward, in whatever manner works best for each of you. Personally, being a regular player on Harbinger... I look forward to seeing more Aussie players coming our way as I have very much enjoyed the Aussies that have been here all along as well as the ones that have been migrating for months now.

and ill be here to welcome you back when you get bored of it in 2 weeks.

Yep I got over GW2 in about 4 hours. It was pretty but IMO it lacked depth and the limited skills bored me. I like lots of buttons :p

Anyway, having never played WoW I'm thinking of checking Fantasy SWTOR (get it, contrapositive of Space WoW). I was already looking at taking a break until ROTHC before this announcement was made and this kinda clinched it.

Yep I got over GW2 in about 4 hours. It was pretty but IMO it lacked depth and the limited skills bored me. I like lots of buttons :p

Anyway, having never played WoW I'm thinking of checking Fantasy SWTOR (get it, contrapositive of Space WoW). I was already looking at taking a break until ROTHC before this announcement was made and this kinda clinched it.

WoW is ok but I think Rift is a lot better you should try that first if you are going to get a new game.

As for Guild Wars 2 no endgame no raids no gear progression and lastly no tanks and healers killed any interest I might have had in that game. Dont waste your money on it.