Skadge...is there a point.

DarthRamette

He's in there ready for the Marvel expansion coming next year, he's using your ship to prepare for his invasion of earth, where he'll leave your crew, get knocked out by captain america, smashed to the top of a mountain by the Hulk, he'll take an arrow to the knee from Hawkeye, Black Widow will kick him in his special area, Iron Man will then repeatedly fire repulsors into his flab, before his neck gets snapped by Thor's hammer throw.

The only reason for Skadge to join us was he needed a vessel in order to escape Belsavis. Once we leave the planet, our debt to him is settled, so we can safely drop the guy off anytime on any given planet. Why do we still tolerate his presence on our ship as LS/neutral BH is beyond my understanding. Story-wise, of course. I realize that there is now way of avoiding this in terms of game mechanics... Edited by Trollokdamus

He's in there ready for the Marvel expansion coming next year, he's using your ship to prepare for his invasion of earth, where he'll leave your crew, get knocked out by captain america, smashed to the top of a mountain by the Hulk, he'll take an arrow to the knee from Hawkeye, Black Widow will kick him in his special area, Iron Man will then repeatedly fire repulsors into his flab, before his neck gets snapped by Thor's hammer throw.

I died. :D

Also i've made a thread on this for the suggestion box: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=530141

My argument being that even killing off a tank companion won't cause the same problem with the whiny sith warriors "waaaaa i killed my healer"

We'd just go "oh no, i've killed my Tank, wait i've got Blizz, who is awesome"

i remember them saying on the guild summit vids (ah such a long time ago) that freezing companions in carbonite would be something they would look at. that would be pretty cool a way to get rid of annoying companions but not lose them permanently

i remember them saying on the guild summit vids (ah such a long time ago) that freezing companions in carbonite would be something they would look at. that would be pretty cool a way to get rid of annoying companions but not lose them permanently

I would really be ok with losing Skadge for good.

Is he possibly the most useless companion in the game. I see no use for him nor redeeming qualities for him. Can I just space him please.

So far, only his ability to complete Crew Skills missions has shown ANY redeeming quality to him whatsoever. On a whim, I decided to get his Affection all the way up through gifts (Underworld Goods and Weapons work best). Even in his final conversation, he threatens to kill you. My hope is that when we get HK-51, we get the option to have good ol' HK execute Skadge and throw his body out the airlock. :D

So far, only his ability to complete Crew Skills missions has shown ANY redeeming quality to him whatsoever. On a whim, I decided to get his Affection all the way up through gifts (Underworld Goods and Weapons work best). Even in his final conversation, he threatens to kill you. My hope is that when we get HK-51, we get the option to have good ol' HK execute Skadge and throw his body out the airlock. :D

Make sure you be careful he doesn't get stuck in the airlock lol

I completely agree with this idea I would so love to shut the droids on my various characters ships up. They do get annoying at times.

I'm okay with him, but I hate it that he OPENLY insults your companions. It's like, I'm engaged to Torian, why would you openly insult him?

Well, this is the way his mind is. In Skadge's understanding it's normal to do anything he desires to the ones who are weaker than him. The only thing which stops him from beating our entire crew to death is his respect and fear towards our character. He's simply afraid of us, to some degree. But not afraid enough to keep his mouth shut in every situation, though.

Edited by Trollokdamus

He is there to be the Jayne on your crew.

I hate Firefly, but Jayne was the one ray of sunshine for me. He's a selfish, stupid ***** yes, but he has that charm which makes him a lot more tolerable; His iconic "I'll be in my bunk" line is one of the few things I've carried out of the series because it's so funny.

Skadge has nothing to contribute - Honestly I think Torian is awful as well, but it's mostly that he's stupid, boring and clearly designed to appeal to Traviss fangirls - but Skadge is a whole different level of fail. He's actively offensive. His very first appearance has him attempting to murder an unarmed, innocent woman just because he can - Honestly, I didn't want to go on from there. I wanted to kill him then and there and work out the rest of Belsavis on my own.

Feck's sake, I have Gault and Mako, them put together can easily outfox the entire Belsavis prison system if only the game allowed me to ask them...

Funny, I always compare Kaliyo to Jayne. Except I like Kaliyo and think she's a somewhat complex character ( I know not everyone agrees). Skadge....eh.....

I kept expecting that at some point in our conversations, he'd be like, "OK...look....all this stuff I've been telling you about all the tough gangs I was in....I made it all up. I never even went to prison.". I thought that would have been hilarious.

No no no! Jayne was cute and often funny. Even with a little knit cap Skadge will never be cute and funny :mad:

Ok so he is Jayne minus the charm. It isn't like Mal kept Jayne around because he enjoyed the Jaynisms. Jayne's purpose on the ship was to be the excess muscle. That is pretty much Skadge's role on the BH's ship.

Funny, I always compare Kaliyo to Jayne. Except I like Kaliyo and think she's a somewhat complex character ( I know not everyone agrees). Skadge....eh.....

No Kaliyo is totally Saffron.