Anyone still here from the prelaunch days?

GamewizX

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been following the game since the beginning, once things started to really roll, I created an account. I was in almost all of the pre launch stress tests and whatnot, got the early access.

I cancelled my subscription a couple of times, just for a break, but I come back.

i honestly wasn't expecting to see this many people stay around after prelaunch. kinda encouraging.

I wouldnt be too encouraged I am afraid.. this is not even a dropm in the ocean of how many there were to start with, too many have been allowed to slip away from the game so soon imo :(

I'm just curious who is still here from the pre-launch days... I haven't visited these forums in forever and just recently canceled my TOR subscription. So before it expires I'm just curious if there are any veterans left.

Been around since 2008. Was in Closed Beta for a year before launch and played in 2nd day of EGA.

I wouldnt be too encouraged I am afraid.. this is not even a dropm in the ocean of how many there were to start with, too many have been allowed to slip away from the game so soon imo :(

yes, i know that, but i meant i was expecting less people to have stuck around, lol. i thought the vast majority might have took off and that i was like one of 5 people who stayed.

Start in the Nov. weekend stress tests. been here ever since, and will continue to be here long after most. The idea of a light saber in an MMO will be impossible for me to replace.. lol The first time I saw Teebu's Blazing Longsword in WoW

I couldn't wait for a viable SW MMO. And this as as close as it's ever going to get i think.. So here I stay.

Played a beta weekend in November 2010 (Tython Squadron -something- :p) then stress test weekends in November 2011 then since early access day 1.

Must admit, I've come close to quitting a lot of times. This game has sooooo many fundamental flaws that have made me want to quit, mainly the way gear is handled (tiered gear = shockingly bad decision) and lack of open world pvp. However, there is no credible alternative at the moment and im an MMO addict!

I think if LOTRO's new expansion had some actual content then I'd have gone back there as the combat system, classes, story line and loot system are all far superior. However, the lack of endgame pve content combined with the same old tired pvp area (ettenmoors) has prevented me from going back.

I'm just curious who is still here from the pre-launch days... I haven't visited these forums in forever and just recently canceled my TOR subscription. So before it expires I'm just curious if there are any veterans left.

:raises hand:

Been here since early 2009.

I quit for a few months when GW2 came out, and frankly that game is quite superior to this one in everything but setting. But this is star wars, so I play both now.

Edited by VicSkimmr