Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

annoying JK/SW in huttball

cub-lover

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the OPs concern, I seem to be unable to stop some of my team members from standing on the goal side edge of the pit "looking" at the approaching Jedi knight ball carrier.

Removing the ability to jump is one of two possible solutions to this dilemma.

so with that rationale they would need to make it so noone could sprint with the ball either cause they just sprint through the fire.

and come 1.4 with not being able to slow root or otherwise do anything to them while they are sprinting its going to be just as annoying.

obvious solution is know who has the ball and dont be in line so they can jump to you or go to the side and los them while you are coming out of the spawn area.

how many more tiems does it need to be said, developers, JK/SW should NOT BE PERMITTED TO USE THEIR JUMP ABILITY WHILE THEY HAVE THE BALL.

BTW this is comign fro msoem one who has both classes one mara, and one guardian.

Learn where not to stand when a PT tank, marauder or jugg has the ball.

They can only leap if someone is gormlessly standing there like a trampoline with "come jump me" in giant neon letters over his head.

So either you're watching the oncoming guardian with a bovine expression, or your teammates are.

If it's your teammates, then they need to learn how to play. Why not educate them in a calm and helpful manner?

If it's you, then you're protesting that it's not fair that you're useless. Which it's going to be tricky to help yourself with.

If your team's competent, the leapers have few targets to jump to: your team won't offer them, and will bash down potential friendly leap targets.

The JK/SW leaps eviscerate bad teams. Or at least, teams with bad players.

Edited by Wainamoinen

lol, if a player on your team is dumb enough to let another player jump to an advantageous position because of them then they and you deserve the lose.

Complain more about peoples lack of situational awareness

Wow this is almost exactly verbatim what I thought lol.

Those players on your server need to learn how to play huttball. THAT'S the problem, not leaping in itself. You need to get with a decent guild who knows these basics of the game

how many more tiems does it need to be said, developers, JK/SW should NOT BE PERMITTED TO USE THEIR JUMP ABILITY WHILE THEY HAVE THE BALL.

BTW this is comign fro msoem one who has both classes one mara, and one guardian.

Well, looks like people do not agree with you, so next time, when you make a thread, do not make things up.

Just last night I was in the team with two premades (4 from my guild and 4 from, lets call it, X guild).

We lost, badly, because their members kept standing on the goal line and 'dpsing' while standing on the top platform. Why and what were they doing there, is beyond me but the enemy team deserved to win over stupidity of my team. Simple.

Stop trying to make game easier to play just because some people fail to understand simple things.:cool:

I couldn't agree more. In fact they shouldn't be able to use any kind of utility that allows them to succeed at the game. Same goes for Force Speed. And healing. Healers should not be allowed to heal while they have the ball. In fact the person with the ball shouldn't be allowed to do anything except pass to a teammate, or stand there and die. And anyone with a pull shouldn't be allowed to stand next to the fire or acid. And anyone with a knockback should have to stay on the lowest level of the map. And we should get rid of the endzones. And change the name to "Hot-potato".

/thread

That sounds okay, so long as the ball handler cannot be grappled.

Has this idea been mentioned and agreed to in more than two other threads on this board? Where does the "How many more tiems..." spiel come from?

Edited by WaywardOne

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.