The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How often do you do die in solo PVE?

wincastle

Assuming you are the appropriate level?

I only ask, because it seems player death in PVE is extremely rare.

On a side note, how often does your companion die when you survive the fight?

My current char is a 13th IA with no deaths, but my companion died once. I was chain killing and forgot to watch her health.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not very often unless I'm doing something I know I really shouldn't be like trying to run through multiple groups of mobs, agroing them all then finding myself in a dead end... but then again in most MMOs I've played dying even solo in PVE is rare so long as your doing level appropriate content

Usually around 0-5 times from level 1 to 50... And those are generally that one class story fight that all classes seem to have, that is really quite a lot harder than anything else of similar level.

I die a lot more in group PvE due to people generally farting around making mistakes.

Last time i suffered death( and there were many) was running my level 20 through the World event on Nar, but i was WAY under leveled for that and fully expected too. Unexpectedly, i don't know maybe once, in april ? Edited by Etheric
add word

It's definitely rare. The class bosses can kick up some trouble, but it's not that difficult. Since there's almost always a talk-fest beforehand, all your defensive cooldowns are ready and it's Heroic Moment time. Levelling up gets pretty monotonous. I die occasionally when I stop to text and leave Pierce/Forex to do all the work.

Not often. Generally when I was reckless or pulled a silly pull while leveling.

I would also take all of these 0-5 times with a pinch of salt. Everyone dies sometimes, some classes more than others when you don't have your full complement of companions.

I die a lot because I invent my own content....like trying to run flashpoints solo if possible, running content in extremely low gear, using only my lightsaber or rockets, pulling mass mobs 5 levels below me and seeing whether or not my comp can dispatch them before I die...etc.

I like to challenge myself in this way. So death is pretty normal for me in this game.

On my main never in solo or heroic 2 PvE.

Only place I ever die is flashpoints and most the time thats a bugged boss or some mechanic. While dying is meaningless there is no title or achievement for finishing the story and making it to level 50 without dying, the idea that a wipe is part of the learning curve to work out how to defeat a boss or what a certain mechanic will be involved is crazy.

Going on the assumption that you mean from combat and not falling into bottomless pits:

On my first character to 50? Plenty. I didn't really know what I was doing, especially with regard to keeping geared up.

On my second... only if I did something stupid like aggro half the planet. :o I NEVER went down in a class-quest instanced area.

On my third one (in progress now) only if I don't keep up with gear, since I'm intentionally running 3-4 levels behind. Khem has died lots, but I usually manage to stay up. Though now I have my healer, so I expect to die much less.

I don't doubt that a no-death to 50 run could be done - particularly with a healer class or one that gets a healer comp. very early. Obviously you'd have to exclude heroics and flashpoints from that, as others could get you killed with their stupidity or just plain bad luck. Heck - sometimes the world itself just jumps out and kills you at random. :p

I don't die particularly often, but it certainly happens. I'm enjoying the story for Sith Inquisitor at the moment, level 41, and I've died at least five times on the way there. I will say, once the Sorcerer gets a lot of their abilities, they are TOUGH. I have gotten out of more hopeless situations using Madness spec than I could have survived with any of my other characters... like aggroing three toughs and their accompanying standard mobs, all two to three levels above mine, while using Khem Val (tank). Never would have survived that on my trooper or agent or knight unless I had out a healer companion.