Nerf the crap out of Sorcerers

Electroflux

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorcerers? really? I have a pretty easy time killing them all the time.

Now a class that does need a nerf is bounty hunters every warzone i do bounty hunters are always the top of the damage chart.

I'd say the reason they're doing so much damage is because your "special" teammates(and probably yourself) don't get the freak out of the giant glowing red spot on the floor when it appears.

And probably have yet to figure out where it's coming from.

Edited by Faolon

We SO are not over powered, I find myself rather helpless without Khem to keep the bigger bads off me, Scorerors are quite ah... Squishy, Altho static shield does help me, I dont pvp but I still dont see what the problem is O.o Assasians can kill stuff way faster than me.

We SO are not over powered, I find myself rather helpless without Khem to keep the bigger bads off me, Scorerors are quite ah... Squishy, Altho static shield does help me, I dont pvp but I still dont see what the problem is O.o Assasians can kill stuff way faster than me.

In PVP, Sorcs have lots of damage(from range), CC, heals and their little bubble. Oh, and let's not forget their little speed boost ability.

They have, essentially, the most complete set of tools of any class.

Edited by Faolon

As I said my problem with Sorcerers is in groups they can pretty much perma stun lock anyone. Given there is so many of them playing for whatever reason that happens a lot more often than you think. A stun immunity timer would fix that without affecting the class in any other way.

Honestly the fact that there isn't a stun immunity timer in game already seems odd to me. I guess classes where more balanced out in beta or something.

There is. Stop posting about it... It's called the Resolve Bar. Its the white bar next to your portrait in PvP, when you get CC'd too many times it goes white and you're immune to CC for a short period of time. The trick is just surviving that long.

As for Sorcerers and Sages, Sorcerers have instant damage on their lightning attacks which makes damaging SLIGHTLY faster, though not faster in the long run.

A slight touch might be needed, but they're just as cheap as any Commando or Sniper I've run across.

This is why it sucks that they put in PVP in a PVE game. People ***** about a class being OP in PVP and it gets hit with a nerf stick that makes it suck in PVE as well. Then another class is OP'd and the BS never stops. The truth is that you can't EVER have true balance in any PVE/PVP mixed game if you want any diversity of the classes. It sucks and I wished they would just keep it PVE or PVP but not a mix.

This is why it sucks that they put in PVP in a PVE game. People ***** about a class being OP in PVP and it gets hit with a nerf stick that makes it suck in PVE as well. Then another class is OP'd and the BS never stops. The truth is that you can't EVER have true balance in any PVE/PVP mixed game if you want any diversity of the classes. It sucks and I wished they would just keep it PVE or PVP but not a mix.

Door swings both ways. Look at resto Druids in Wow. Lay off the haterade

ITT: lots of sorcerors that can smell the nerf bat coming. I played one during beta and it was ridiculous, just an incredible amount of utility and burst damage that requires no setup. Pop bubble, get a couple of casts off, enemy dead, sprint away. If any melee get on you, use your aoe knockback, then blow them away before they can get back into melee range. If you cant quite manage it in time, cc them, run/sprint to max range and try again. If you are saying they are balanced right now you are most likely playing one.

There is. Stop posting about it... It's called the Resolve Bar. Its the white bar next to your portrait in PvP, when you get CC'd too many times it goes white and you're immune to CC for a short period of time. The trick is just surviving that long.

psst maybe if resolve wasnt broken it would be better

I have noticed Electroflux complaining about something obscure in every post he makes. I sense he is a troll, if not, sad.

Either way, I hardly find sorc/sage OP they are ranged casters, susceptible to interrupts and physical damage. I don't see how they can "Stun lock" either, as they have but 1 stun. As far as i can tell all classes have remarkably similar CCs. and a CC break to boot.

And to all those people asking for diminishing returns? there is, its a system called resilience, its a bar under your health in PvP that increases when ever you are hit with a CC ability, the higher the bar, the less effect the CC has. When it is full, you are CC immune for something like 8 seconds i belive.

This class is so pathetically overpowered it's unbelievable. Plus you can't even play a warzone with less then 8 sorcerers.

I got killed by pink ponies in PvP! NERF!

Suck it up, PvP is secondary in this game, if they want to ruin it they should cater to the PvP whiners like Blizzard did and soon all classes will be basically the same. Been there, seen that and DO NOT WANT!

Op the power of the class honstally depends on the skill level of the player. I have shield spec vanguard and I slaughter anyone in 1v1 and in most 1v2s.

this isnt the problem

theproblem is in a warzone, easily half the sith team is sorc. that's a lot of cc

republic never fields that many consulars in the same match on my server. you cant do jack when a turret is defended by 4 sorcerors. it's too much cc all around and too much damage AND healing at the same time with bubbles.

the bubble should be removed, and the cc's fill resolve bars faster

this isnt the problem

theproblem is in a warzone, easily half the sith team is sorc. that's a lot of cc

republic never fields that many consulars in the same match on my server. you cant do jack when a turret is defended by 4 sorcerors. it's too much cc all around and too much damage AND healing at the same time with bubbles.

the bubble should be removed, and the cc's fill resolve bars faster

Bubble has an internal preventative debuff just like power-word shield does in WoW. If you have 4 guys running up and focussing on one of those 4 sorcerers, going all out, that bubble is going to last a half-second before they turn into a pile of goo.

I shoot them in the face and kick them in the 'nads on a regular basis. Curious what class the OP plays... my suspicion is guardian (or maybe Sentinel).

So if I'm understanding this, three characters, acting as a coordinated group, can take you out, therefore they are overpowered. So your response to this is to remove their primary tactical ability to make it 'balanced'?

Are you going to give them the ability to remove your ability to melee damage them in recompense?

My only complaint is the stun/CC mechanic in general. The resolve meter doesnt police this well enough.

The resolve system needs to be re evaluated and tweaked, or tossed out for recourse timers, or how CC abilities affect players needs to be reevaluated. The duration on a lot of CC is WAY too long for PVP for example. Other than that I dont really have any specific issues with any class, just the core CC mechanic itself.