The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Yeah, this game sure is losing people...

Lium

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've Massively Managed (my) Optimisim for this game for some time. I'll go as far as to say that I massively enjoy it, despite the massive amount of haters and whingers that surround this game. Plenty of people on my server. Enough for it to always be busy, weekends heavy usage.

If we as a community help keep spinning the wheel it may end up somewhere bad

On the fatman, at around 10PM server time last night it got down into the 70's on fleet. warzone pops are starting to take longer and longer, and often times, warzones don't fill up. Its starting to feel oddly similar to april / may.

It's ironic isn't it, the most populated server before is now the lowest populated US server.

I never let sub numbers determine how much I enjoy an MMO.

I'm in the same boat, as long as there's enough players to do stuff with I'm happy, if there isn't I play something else, my gaming backlog is getting a bit full

Edited by SNCommand

So, last night on the Republic fleet there were 217 people on and well over 100 on Coruscant. While questing on Taris there was close to 50. Yes, boring Taris. Fifty peeps.

Warzones were instant pops. No exaggerating. I'd click the little icon on my minimap, choose queue solo, and the WZ would pop the second I clicked the solo button. This is on Prophecy of the Five. And because a lot of you will say pics or didn't happen, I linked a screenshot to it. Check the number in the top left hand corner. It may not look that crowded but it was. It reminded me a lot of the old Ironforge days in classic WoW. (As a tragic consequence to my gawking, Kira and I were ran over by a speeder just as I was taking the pic.)

Haters will always hate, but I think the reports of SWTOR's demise were greatly exaggerated.

Doooh...

Enlighten us all where the 1.7+ mill subs are, why was there a drastic rehash of the servers, why has F2P been announced ... cmon use a little bit of that meat between your ears.

One server that might of potentially stabilised for a week or two does not disguise the fact this game is continually loosing more players than it can sustain in a subscription based model so it hopes F2P will open the doors to other players and more likely a different demographic that will willing shout "Mom I must have your credit card, now!" without any questions asked.

I hope it does turn the games fortunes around but to think the games demise has been halted - well hmmmm dream we can, believe we cant!

Edited by Bloodstealer

You think many players will sub rather than pay once to unlock character slots and such and then go free forever? How many raiders does this game actually have? I say raiders because I keep hearing how the pvpers have already left, and those are the only two things that require a sub.

There's also needing sub for new content, unless they let ftp buy unlock to raise their cap past 50.

There's also needing sub for new content, unless they let ftp buy unlock to raise their cap past 50.

A level raise without the corresponding story is pointless. Why gain 5 levels (and deal with the balance nerfing from 5 more talent points to hybridize) if there is no chapter 4 of the class stories, which is the only thing that makes this game stand out from the pack? I've seen no suggestion that the proposed level raise will have anything to do with extending the stories.

I still wonder if the warzones will then be 10-49, 50-54, and 55 for the next overpowered tier-apparently one more thing Bioware just doesn't know the answer to.

Besides, why wouldn't they allow new content for freebie players if they buy the expansion (or the way this game is looking, the dlc)? Just keep them locked out of the group content and they can level to 55 or whatever.

Edited by CorellianWannabe

A level raise without the corresponding story is pointless. Why gain 5 levels (and deal with the balance nerfing from 5 more talent points to hybridize) if there is no chapter 4 of the class stories, which is the only thing that makes this game stand out from the pack? I've seen no suggestion that the proposed level raise will have anything to do with extending the stories.

I still wonder if the warzones will then be 10-49, 50-54, and 55 for the next overpowered tier-apparently one more thing Bioware just doesn't know the answer to.

Besides, why wouldn't they allow new content for freebie players if they buy the expansion (or the way this game is looking, the dlc)? Just keep them locked out of the group content and they can level to 55 or whatever.

They haven't said they will be locked out of content. They have said free to level 50, so if new content is lvl 55 or higher, will you want that level 50 or someone that is level 55 and sporting all the newest upgrades?

They haven't said they will be locked out of content. They have said free to level 50, so if new content is lvl 55 or higher, will you want that level 50 or someone that is level 55 and sporting all the newest upgrades?

Want that level 55 for what? Endgame? Freebie players are locked out of that anyway.

Would you want a freebie player to spend money on the expansion or just tell them 'this isn't for you'? In one case you get 40 from them, in the other they will likely feel ghettoized and leave completely, thereby giving you nothing.

Edited by CorellianWannabe

I'm that girl. The one with the numbers. Rather than just talk about server X at time Y, let's look at the numbers...

DATA and STATS

FURTHER ANALYSIS

Since 6/27/2012 (exactly two months ago)

Date Logins Growth

6/27/2012 32,834

6/29/2012 34,310 4.5%

7/2/2012 35,383 3.1%

7/10/2012 35,160 -0.6%

7/16/2012 35,853 2.0%

7/23/2012 35,827 -0.1%

7/30/2012 34,490 -3.7%

8/5/2012 34,173 -0.9%

8/13/2012 33,872 -0.9%

8/21/2012 33,579 -0.9%

8/27/2012 32,311 -3.8%

So yeah, some declines, but look more closely at the numbers as of 8/27/2012. Who did we lose?

PvE logins are at 99.7% of their original number (as of 6/27/2012).

RP-PvP logins are at 100.0% of their original number.

RP-PvE logins are at 120.0% of their original number, so that's a lot of growth.

PvP logins are at 81.4% of their original number, so that's a pretty big loss.

So yeah, we've lost some folks that have left for greener PvP pastures.

We've gained a *LOT* of RPers - Yay! In fact the biggest server these days is Beg Colony (US PST RP-PvE).

The PvE crowd is as big as it ever was (and it's 48% of the total pop).

RP-PvP is so small (3.8% of the total pop) and they're not going anywhere.

So I think that it's perhaps possible that maybe the "content locusts" have come and gone, and what we're left with are the people who enjoy the game. Most of those people (like 99% of my guild of over 100+ people) wouldn't come onto these forums in a full CDC BL4 containment suit. That's one reason that the forums are so full of negativity.

Paige

East and West coast pvp and rp/pvp servers were all standard but all the other 8 american servers were heavy or very heavy when i checked last night , just pvp players have left really.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Don't really see this as a bad thing. PVP players are notoriously fickle, they jump to the next FOTM pvp MMO, as soon as it comes out. Not really going to say I am going to miss the hardcore pvp'rs anyways.

So, we must wait for 6 months if we want new content, isn`t it? I almost miss the 3 months ones.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=521863&page=2

Last post on the second page has an interesting analysis of what you speak of.

again it all depends on how they release it. I doubt they would do 6 weeks and then consider adding the new race as new content espeically since thats a cash shop item. More likely it will be a rotation of

6 weeks warzone

6 weeks operation

6 weeks flashpoint

which would still be faster then releasing a new big patch every 6 months.

It's accurate too...if you thought the current rate was bad, just wait.

.... except even by that worst case scenario it would still be the same rate.

It's like the Olympics. It used to be the Summer and Winter olympics where during the same year every 4 years.

But then they moved it so you get one of them every 2 years. They aren't doing more olympics they just spaced it out.

Wow-the bleeding has temporarily stopped. As for EVE, I doubt CCP blew over 100 million on their game.

I am pretty sure they did in total but they are running from 2003 :)

As far as business models are I think that BW made mistake.

You go either the EVE model where game is free download and you pay a sub and get some trial period

or the

Guild wars micro transaction buy the box with content once in 18 months or so.

The WOW way well works for Blizzard only just because it is really really really big.

F2P should be one character with cash or other slots and level cap of 40 both unlockable by cash.

Client should be free however.

I feel sorry for the people who paid the full price that got for 14 Euros with the speeder edition :) including 30 days of sub.

That was a rip off and that is why I never buy any hyped MMO's and why I start playing half a year after release or later.

;)

.... except even by that worst case scenario it would still be the same rate.

It's like the Olympics. It used to be the Summer and Winter olympics where during the same year every 4 years.

But then they moved it so you get one of them every 2 years. They aren't doing more olympics they just spaced it out.

Agreed. I wasn't trying to imply they would be slower, or faster - I wanted to make sure people have realistic expectations. And I like your analogy :)

again it all depends on how they release it. I doubt they would do 6 weeks and then consider adding the new race as new content espeically since thats a cash shop item. More likely it will be a rotation of

6 weeks warzone

6 weeks operation

6 weeks flashpoint

which would still be faster then releasing a new big patch every 6 months.

Of course it`s a "Worst Case Scenario" :) . Hopefully it pans out like you say it would.

When Canderous Ordo isn't going thru stability issues we normally have 100+ on both fleets all the time, Coruscant is at least 90+ and I really can't say for sure what the other worlds are.

+1 in living server.

Yep. Good old Canderous has been pretty strong from the word go, based on what I've heard about other servers. I picked Canderous months ago because I liked the character in KoTOR; I guess a lot of other people did the same.

I never let sub numbers determine how much I enjoy an MMO.

I'd rather play with a smaller number of loyal players, than fair-weather ill-tempered people who were 'waiting on that other game' and using this one to fill the time.

Another hearty yep. I don't understand MMO players' fetish for high subscriber numbers. It's one thing to complain that your server is deserted, because a lack of people on your server can influence your play experience -- but why should you care about the game's sub numbers? Enjoy the game or don't; stay or don't. You're not a stock holder just because you bought a subscription, and although SWTOR certainly has flaws (many, many flaws), and although SWTOR is most certainly not a WoW-style success, there's no reason to believe that the game will shut down any time soon.