Are there any plans for More Sith Corruption?

sithgreyguard

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

light side doesn't really change your appearance, the jedi just look like everyone else where as sith transform the more they use the darkside, so to me it would be off putting to see loads of glowy jedi around because they maxed out lightside, yoda was about as lightside as you get but it didn't stop him from looking like a hairy pickle in his last days

Asking for more cosmetic crap like Sith corruption options in a game that's in such a dismal state is like buying a new car without brakes, seat belts and with only 2 wheels and then asking the manufacturer if you can get it in a different colour.

You should have to live with your choices in the game pertaining to the Dark Side effects? Like Palpatine, right? Because he couldn't hide his Dark Side Corruption in the movies when he was on the Senate and Supreme Chancellor. :rolleyes:

First of all, in the movies Palpatine proved that you can hide your Dark Side Corruption, so apparently you would like for there to be less in common with the movies, no? Second of all, Rakghouls are from Knights of the Old Republic, you know, the game this MMO is based on? So why one would ever be surprised by the presence of Rakghouls is beyond me, but obviously someone needs to come up with some more informative things to QQ about like the myriad problems this game actually has.

Palpatine did not display any physical bad effects yet of the Darkside when he was in the Senate. Later, as the Darkside took more hold of him, it begin to display it's dark reflection on his choices and he could not have hid them even he wanted to , apart from covering it with his hood, which he did a lot. So you see, there are different stages to the Darkside corruption. First comes the impact on your decisions which influrence which choices you will make and then later, those choices become more apparent as they become more engrained into your char. This is what happened to Palpatine.

Almost everything in this game was not described or seen in the movies, therefore, by your logic, it shouldn't be in the game.

Allmost everything? Apart from the time line , which would of course have some impact on some differences in technology advances, what is different? Everything which "was" in the movies is not contradicted by the things which are in the game for the most part. Like lightsabers, blaster pistols, Jawa's, Sith, Jedi, speeder bikes, holograms, etc, etc. and even the planets which was named in the movies are not named something different in the game. Or the same species which was in the movies are not different in the game.

Edited by Valkirus

I talked to Principal Lead Systems Designer Damion Schubert, and he said that we'd definitely love to get more Sith corruption options in, but there are some challenges. First, we'd like to allow players to choose from different kinds of corruption, but it will require some work to get new options in. Second, there currently isn't any feature that mirrors this on the light side, which we'd also want to address in some way. This isn't something we'll be seeing in the near future, but it's something we would like to see in the game as well.

I know in this game light side and dark side was purely ment for cosmetic visual but could have been done much better visually and fun.

For full Light side you get ability to summon beam of light on you that will make you glow for some time even in combat and then vanishes. Skill has moderate cooldown and cant be used often per day.

Similar form of this is in SW lore actually.

Full Dark side you get ability to use Force phantom. With this ritual allowing a darksider to create lifelike apparitions from the siphoned Force energy of summoning another life form. The life form follows master for some time and vanishes then.

That is also from SW lore (wiki).

I only took force users as example, but each class can have different skill being unique for that class.

Now for neutral it is hard to think what could it be. Ideally neutral should not have distinct special skill. Because being neutral in regards of FORCE alignment they are nether enlightened enough or fallen to bad side yet. So obviously they cant be considered pure in their minds. In MMO it is not easy as people will feel sad they chosen the neutral affection. Maybe they could summon holocron of themself as a double who does the same moves as you do but is harmless :)

Edited by Divona

Palpatine did not display any physical bad effects yet of the Darkside when he was in the Senate. Later, as the Darkside took more hold of him, it begin to display it's dark reflection on his choices and he could not have hid them even he wanted to , apart from covering it with his hood, which he did a lot. So you see, there are different stages to the Darkside corruption. First comes the impact on your decisions which influrence which choices you will make and then later, those choices become more apparent as they become more engrained into your char. This is what happened to Palpatine.

You need to go back and rewatch the movies, because obviously you don't have a good grasp on the order of events.

and he scarred his face up good with his own lightning. dont forget that.

Allmost everything? Apart from the time line , which would of course have some impact on some differences in technology advances, what is different? Everything which "was" in the movies is not contradicted by the things which are in the game for the most part. Like lightsabers, blaster pistols, Jawa's, Sith, Jedi, speeder bikes, holograms, etc, etc. and even the planets which was named in the movies are not named something different in the game. Or the same species which was in the movies are not different in the game.

You just described the Extended Universe.

I think a slight glow to the skin with sparkly eyes would be a great idea. My Jedi's a Miralukan though, so I hope if the do a light "corruption" option it's not only in the eyes, lol.

Also I think a dark side/light side corruption slider would be a nice option as well :)

I talked to Principal Lead Systems Designer Damion Schubert, and he said that we'd definitely love to get more Sith corruption options in, but there are some challenges. First, we'd like to allow players to choose from different kinds of corruption, but it will require some work to get new options in. Second, there currently isn't any feature that mirrors this on the light side, which we'd also want to address in some way. This isn't something we'll be seeing in the near future, but it's something we would like to see in the game as well.

could have a lightside aura :D

Actually, what I would love to do is be able to pick the level of corruption I show. I love the look of higher dark rankings on Sith and Chiss characters, but I hate everything past Dark 1 on my humans - but humans look really good with Dark 1.

Just don't go the fable route.

"White people are good and black people are evil"

Though already half way there in reverse

"White people are evil"

the more darkside points you get the more you pull a Micheal Jackson.

I would love to see my chiss with blue eyes :D

So rather than Star Wars, you'd prefer a DUNE-like spice effect?

Personally I fully favor there being absolutely no effect whatsoever for light-side. Especially if it involves particle effects. The last thing I want to is to run through a bunch of sparkling unicorn jackholes just because I have to visit the fleet. Corrptuion from using the dark side? Sure, there's good precedent for it, and it's common enough in mythologies to see people corrupted by the use of darker powers.

Being 'good'? There's very little precedent for special things happening, because that's the morality lesson they run with. You shouldn't be rewarded for doing what' you're supposed to be doing. You suffer detriment when you go against this.

Edited by Ilhares

Well I have an idea for you.

Why not just add these features and complextions to a vendor to alter appearance.

That same vendor can sell new hair syles, eye color the whole deal.

Now i could just roll up to the vendor and purchase these items.

If you want to keep it so not just anyone can have corruption features regardless of your alignment, make these items unlockable by force alignment, much like titles.

This sounds like a perfect idea to impliment in the game! :D Bioware listen to your players! We want haircuts for our characters.

Well I have an idea for you.

Why not just add these features and complextions to a vendor to alter appearance.

That same vendor can sell new hair syles, eye color the whole deal.

Now i could just roll up to the vendor and purchase these items.

If you want to keep it so not just anyone can have corruption features regardless of your alignment, make these items unlockable by force alignment, much like titles.

This is probably the best idea I've heard on the subject so far.