PT 'nerf' incoming

Suryi

Since the OP didn't post in this section I decided to warn our PT bretheren myself.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=522364

Wouldn't consider it a nerf more like a slap on the hands and I think it's sort of reasonable.

One thing I don't really agree with is that we wear heavy armor and should be in danger more often. Like heavy armor actually means anything :<

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4m Rifle lol

PT Ranged attacks greater than 10m:

Rapid Shot (Basic Attack) 30m

Missiles 30m

Electro Dart

Grapple (Pull)

31 Pyro Talent: Thermal Detonator

Unload 30m

Missiles, Unload, TD and Electro Dart will be reduced to 10m. 4m is a deal breaker for this class and would yet another clear buff to melee.

I agree, some abilities from 30m->10m wouldn't be so bad, but 10m->4m is definately a bigger problem, one that will favour melee classes greatly.

Also, I hope they are going to take into account the fact, that Pyro is the only viable spec in PvP atm (Jugg/Sin much better in overall every wz , so if you're not running 3 tanks, PT tank will never fit in. And do I even have to say anything about AP), so they need to take a look at those as well.

A good tweak which makes total sense, hopefully it will be one, two, or all three of the following:

Railshot 10m range

Detonator 10m range

Flameburst 4m range.

Cant possible be anything BUT flameburst in that list...Det is a Bounty Hunter ability not PT specific, as is railshot. They would be changing the Merc as well with that...which theyre whiny girls already.

Cant possible be anything BUT flameburst in that list...Det is a Bounty Hunter ability not PT specific, as is railshot. They would be changing the Merc as well with that...which theyre whiny girls already.

Indeed, but please come on in, there is plenty of room in the whiny girls bandwagon.

Since the OP didn't post in this section I decided to warn our PT bretheren myself.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=522364

Wouldn't consider it a nerf more like a slap on the hands and I think it's sort of reasonable.

One thing I don't really agree with is that we wear heavy armor and should be in danger more often. Like heavy armor actually means anything :<

if they ever dare to change that,

i'll quit, no matter GW2 is online or not,

lots idiots think PT is melee,

then what's the point about RANGED tank,

u cant tank a HM EC boss at 30m is already ridiculous,

now BW u want to nerf them into more melee?!

is ranged dps a joke?

or entire EA is a joke?

science swtor cant kill wow, maybe it can be better, a EA killer.

if they ever dare to change that,

i'll quit, no matter GW2 is online or not,

lots idiots think PT is melee,

then what's the point about RANGED tank,

u cant tank a HM EC boss at 30m is already ridiculous,

now BW u want to nerf them into more melee?!

is ranged dps a joke?

or entire EA is a joke?

science swtor cant kill wow, maybe it can be better, a EA killer.

Someone's upset that your finally going to get toned down...balance is a kicker ain't it.

I just hope they nerf Pyrotech i play Advanced Prototype and im tired of dying with like 6 attacks from a Pyrotech. All the pyrotechs will whine because they hate requiring skill but im glad there nerfin em. I usually play melee range anyway. good job bioware!

Someone's upset that your finally going to get toned down...balance is a kicker ain't it.

Funny I can think of about 4 other classes that can be toned downed before a pyro pt or vanguard class.

And ones that should of had it done some time ago . But hey opinions are funny that way arent they .

Edited by Asmok

I just hope they nerf Pyrotech i play Advanced Prototype and im tired of dying with like 6 attacks from a Pyrotech. All the pyrotechs will whine because they hate requiring skill but im glad there nerfin em. I usually play melee range anyway. good job bioware!

I would say hoping for a nerf is not always the best thing , nerf this and nerf that is most cases a knee jerk reaction to something.

What should be done is not nerfing but bringing other classes UP in line to others .

This includes abilities with all classes. Granted some things need to be tweaked on some classes thats a given. But as it always goes the nerf bat swings in all directions just be carefull what you wish for.

and ignorance is even more of a kicker when you finally see how foolish you are, it should hit you any day now

I used to rant about bs pyro/assault untill I tried the spec and while it IS very strong its random number dependent, resource management dependent and rotation dependent. When you see how they work first hand they are not so scarey or OP, given the state of marauders/sentinels there is no BH/VG spec thats even close

Marauders SHOULD be High DPS , the highest IMO , well them and Snipers

They can't Heal or Tank , They can Only DPS .. If thats all you can do you, traded choice and options later for whoop***** now.

PT's Need Nerfed , Mercs Need Buffed , Rauders are perfect, Tankassins Need Nerfed , if only a little , so many defensive CD's that they are the only class I cant solo , even with a head start. Snipers need buffed .. Juggs need MEGA buffed

These are all based on PVP , not PvE

and ignorance is even more of a kicker when you finally see how foolish you are, it should hit you any day now

I used to rant about bs pyro/assault untill I tried the spec and while it IS very strong its random number dependent, resource management dependent and rotation dependent. When you see how they work first hand they are not so scarey or OP, given the state of marauders/sentinels there is no BH/VG spec thats even close

Agreed. I followed this "path to enlightenment" myself. Although we Pyros are condition dependent for our railshots, it's very, very easy to apply the necessary effect. However, unless I'm playing the Pyro incorrectly, aren't we already primarily in melee range? We are dependent on Rocket Punch (65% chance) and Flame Burst (45% chance) to reset our Rail Shot. Once Rail Shot is up (limited by the change to the PPA proc), I'm firing it off no farther than 10m away, but usually right in your face after hitting Rocket Punch. That's the core of our damage (including my favorite, the Flamethrower (only for looks), which is interruptable). TD is only a starter as we run at you preparing to engage in our nefarious activities. We don't toss it at 30m and stand there waiting for the rainbow colored explosions of our enemies in one giant, hot-enough-to-cook-bacon cooldown.

As far as distance is concerned, to get a Railshot at 30m, we have to use the very expensive Incendiary Missile (and it should be expensive). I'm only ever using that at the start of a WZ or when respawning with some distance to the enemy. Unload for a Pyro is a waste of Heat compared to damage output and I'm only using it as a type of finisher if someone is being focused. Death from Above is on a long cooldown and most classes have some sort of AoE anyway. These ranged attacks are far from what puts the rest of the communities' panties in a bind. To say we rely on these attacks as our main source of punishment seems uninformed and easlily remedied by rolling the class yourself. If a Pyro is sitting between 30m and 10m then they're "doing it wrong". Our Merc brothers are the 30m kings (buff them please).

The only ability I have to kite a Marauder/Sentinel is Flame Burst, when it's talented with Sweltering Heat, to reduce their movement speed by 50% for 2 seconds. They also have the ability to do the same with Leg Slash with 50% for 12 seconds. I can't spam Flame Burst to hit 12 seconds and usually I'm moving back into melee to Rocket Punch to reset Rail Shot, which means they can get off a Leg Slash. As it is, they are the most frustrating class to fight because of their Guarded by the Force and Force Camoflage, but without those, it's a great chess match, and I actually enjoy the fight. Lessening this range for us would put a serious dent in our ability to combat that class. Otherwise, lessening the distance on Flame Burst will have no impact on my play.

PT's Need Nerfed , Mercs Need Buffed , Rauders are perfect, Tankassins Need Nerfed , if only a little , so many defensive CD's that they are the only class I cant solo , even with a head start. Snipers need buffed .. Juggs need MEGA buffed

This right here is the problem. The game is primarily a PvE game. class balance should be done around Pve content!

once you start balancing a PvE game around PvP, you ruin the primary part of the game, look at what happened to WoW (although they did fix it in the end)

They can't Heal or Tank , They can Only DPS .. If thats all you can do you, traded choice and options later for whoop***** now.

wrong, and wrong,

if u said juggs need mega buffed, then PT should buff more, cause pt tank is the worst class in WZ,

he cant solo any class, and so squishy doesn't like a tank. tank PT cant dps, cant heal, so PT need huge buffed,

at least let them can take half EMs attack them at the same time, and they dont die without ANY HEALERS.

Juggs mega buff? Have you seen the hybrid Imm/Veng build? Its the strongest tank spec in the game post-Assassin nerf and the only spec that can compete in a duel vs a good Marauder. Rage is obviously one of the strongest DPS specs right now. If you can't kill an Assassin tank 1v1 as a Mara then you really should rethink your rotation. Snipers are fine and the only classes in NEED of a buff are Arsenal Mercs and Lightning Sorcs, which are considered only PvE specs these days.

They should never, ever, touch the ranged aspect of the class as it is what makes us unique to other classes also in other games. I'd be incredibly annoyed if half my 30m attacks were to become 10m, or the 10m abilities 4m and I'd loose any faith I have left in Bioware for knowing what they are doing in terms of class design.

There is only 1 thing that warrants a small change to make (pyrotech) powertechs on par with other classes. Explosive fuel.

It is Explosive Fuel that allows us to do amazing burst once every 2 minutes, as the incredible flat out +25% crit chance means you can turn most other classes into cinders after you pop this.

Remove the crit part and turn it into a "get out of jail free" defensive ability. Like a jet-pack escape jump or something.

Edited by LordExozone

Have you seen the hybrid Imm/Veng build? Its the strongest tank spec in the game post-Assassin nerf and the only spec that can compete in a duel vs a good Marauder.

I stopped reading. HAHAHAAHA. If that's really your opinion... Well your wrong. Ever wonder why in rateds sents/maras aren't the highest dps? Oh that's b/c PT/vanguards are.

They should never, ever, touch the ranged aspect of the class as it is what makes us unique to other classes also in other games. I'd be incredibly annoyed if half my 30m attacks were to become 10m, or the 10m abilities 4m and I'd loose any faith I have left in Bioware for knowing what they are doing in terms of class design.

There is only 1 thing that warrants a small change to make (pyrotech) powertechs on par with other classes. Explosive fuel.

It is Explosive Fuel that allows us to do amazing burst once every 2 minutes, as the incredible flat out +25% crit chance means you can turn most other classes into cinders after you pop this.

Remove the crit part and turn it into a "get out of jail free" defensive ability. Like a jet-pack escape jump or something.

They can't nerf powertech's non-tree specific ranged abilities... there would be one heck of an uproar.

More than likely, they will change the following:

Thermal Det will be reduced to 10m because it's a pyro-only ability, putting it more on par with Immolate which is the other DPS tree's top ability. Potentially merc will keep the 30m range.

Combustible Gas Cylinder will no longer proc 100% on flameburst; either a reduction or completely removed, and instead will only proc 100% on rocket punch. They may also choose to add the 100% proc to Merc pyro's rocket punch as well.

that's what im betting on

They should never, ever, touch the ranged aspect of the class as it is what makes us unique to other classes also in other games

Really?

I thought it's having the highest burst in the game, or the highest pvp sustained dps, or having two main attacks completely ignore armor, or having all (but one that is seldom used) instant attacks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.