Why is the event outfit Bind on Pickup?

BenjaminminU

Honestly this really annoys me, I really like pieces of the outfit and would like to get it for my future sith juggernaut but it is bind on pickup meaning i won't be able to trade it to the character i want it on, and the weapons are Bound to Legacy so why can't the sand people Bloodguard outfit be?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly this really annoys me, I really like pieces of the outfit and would like to get it for my future sith juggernaut but it is bind on pickup meaning i won't be able to trade it to the character i want it on, and the weapons are Bound to Legacy so why can't the sand people Bloodguard outfit be?

I had the same thoughts as you during the Rakghoul event. At that time my only high enough lvl to obtain the containment set was my Assassin, but i really wanted it for my future BH. So now i have the full set on now retired Sin, while my BH has nothing.

Speaking about the current sand people set, i really don't feel anything... why should i care for a copypaste of an already existing social set with a few changes?

Edited by Trollokdamus

Yeah, I would expect some sort of "scavenger" outfit, or treasure hunter outfit. Something that actually has to do WITH the event. I think they really just had that set laying around for a while, and decided to throw it in. Stupid IMO.

Balmorra and Taris social sets come to mind. Why not recolor those? They're more fitting to the theme. The sand people thing is just so odd. Maybe they come into the story later?

I'm right there with ya. I've wanted to make a jedi and use the sand people outfit, but I really don't like the gas mask head piece on the social version. I was pretty happy when I saw this one, until I saw it was BoP. Guess I might just have to bite the bullet and level up a jedi quick so I can get him to NS. At least I can earn the tokens with my other characters. Unless someone knows another way?

I think the better question is *** does the event have to do with Sand People?

... and, no, it's not the same as the Social gear version. Very close, but different color set.

It's got different graphical designs as well. The head piece is clearly different.

OP, why don't you just get on your Jugg and send him all the tokens needed to buy the set?

I don't get it either. We have the legacy bound feature, a very nice feature if they would simple use it. In the event case all the items should be trade among our characters that way we can easily give them to our alts who may not be create or high enough level. Why just the guns? :(

I think the better question is *** does the event have to do with Sand People?

... and, no, it's not the same as the Social gear version. Very close, but different color set.

I was trying to piece this together as well. I'm seeing no correlation between this faction and the sand people lol.

It's got different graphical designs as well. The head piece is clearly different.

OP, why don't you just get on your Jugg and send him all the tokens needed to buy the set?

He's talking about a character he hasn't made yet. It's the same issue I have. I've wanted to make a Tusken Jedi, but I've been focusing on my Imperial Agent right now. I hadn't worried about the Jedi because I didn't like the head piece for the sandpeople social armor. So now if I want to get this armor for a new character. I'd have to hope that I could start the Jedi and level him up high enough to get to NS before the event ends. I realize it's not the biggest deal in the world, but I do like to focus on one character at a time (especially because of the story). It would be so much nicer if these were bind on legacy as well. At least the tokens can be sent to alts.

• Dev Post
I asked Systems Designer David Hunt why the Sand People Bloodguard outfit is currently bind on pickup instead of bind on Legacy, and he let me know that it will be changed to bind on Legacy in the future - this will also affect the Imperial and Republic Containment Officer outfits from the Rakghoul event.

I asked Systems Designer David Hunt why the Sand People Bloodguard outfit is currently bind on pickup instead of bind on Legacy, and he let me know that it will be changed to bind on Legacy in the future - this will also affect the Imperial and Republic Containment Officer outfits from the Rakghoul event.

Ooooooo nifty. Ty

Edited by Exilim

Thank you, ma'am (and sir). Now if only the Lobelot was the same way, I liked that I could send the Pale Rakling from the Rakghoul event to my baby Knight (though it wasn't bound at all, if I recall correctly). ;)

That is great to know, thanks! Now I might actually pick up a couple of the sand people pieces from the event. :)

And if Containment Officer sets are becoming bind on legacy too . . . does this mean I'll be able to use my Republic Containment Officer set on my Empire characters? That would be awesome, 'cause my Imperial characters were all too low level to participate in the Rakghoul event, and I have since switched my focus to the Imperial side.

Edited by Gwena

That is great but what about the speeder? And the pet?

To feasibly get the speeder you would either need to buy the Tokens, or have a level 50. But if you are level 50 a 90% speeder is pointless.

Will these also be addressed?

Thank You!

This certainly makes me happy. Now I have a reason to get the Bloodguard set too :)

Wow... now that is awesome!

Credit where it is due! Thank you!

Great to hear, smart move guys. :)

Edit: Still would be a good idea to get a couple sets for alts, especially the modable belt because those are hard to find unless you dip into your wallet with the legacy vendor. It's pretty cool-looking too.

Edited by Stenrik